"Please Report Heresy"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
f88dcce9-5e3d-4130-b50c-8f9dacc17d3b
upload_2021-8-18_7-21-3.png

I found this on another Christian site.

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-18_7-20-53.png
    upload_2021-8-18_7-20-53.png
    18 KB · Views: 0

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 16700

What is heresy? Where can we find a definitive description of what it is or is not?

If we know what it is, really, then to whom should we report it? To the one we believe to be a heretic, to a moderator on a forum or to an ordained minister in a church or to God? Or perhaps to all of those?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look like it needs to be reported to a moderator in a forum but I’m not sure what the point of this topic is.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean? That only heretics needs to question the purpose of this topic?
Sorry... it was posted from the viewpoint of my often misguided sense of humor.

On the serious side, my post #2 is more to my point.

To know who God considers heretic, a person needs to know the mind of God at the moment in a real life situation. Hypothetical ideas or suggestions can and do get us at times into trouble. If we are hearing from God and following His lead all of the time, we will always be right. Who is doing that?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so I wasn’t questioning “what a heresy is” but more of a point of this topic.

If we discuss the screenshot in the OP then we first need to ask “are we being heavy-handed with reporting?”
Then we also need to discuss who are we going to report things to - like you asked. I assume forum moderators.
Then we also need to discuss “what is a heresy”.

So I don’t know what the point is basically.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so I wasn’t questioning “what a heresy is” but more of a point of this topic.

If we discuss the screenshot in the OP then we first need to ask “are we being heavy-handed with reporting?”
Then we also need to discuss who are we going to report things to - like you asked. I assume forum moderators.
Then we also need to discuss “what is a heresy”.

So I don’t know what the point is basically.
Then you must wait for @kcnalp to explain. The initial post was his.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2021-8-18_14-34-12.png
I was simply pointing out what that site considered serious issues that need to be reported. Like "Deity" of Jesus. This forum is flooded with those who deny that Jesus is God. They are considered to be heretics in that forum, but not here. It doesn't even seem to be a serious issue here.

Does anyone know if there is a statement of Faith on ChristianityBoard. I couldn't find it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 16708
I was simply pointing out what that site considered serious issues that need to be reported. Like "Deity" of Jesus. This forum is flooded with those who deny that Jesus is God. They are considered to be heretics in that forum, but not here. It doesn't even seem to be a serious issue here.

Does anyone know if there is a statement of Faith on ChristianityBoard. I couldn't find it.

Christianity Board Statement of Faith

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 16708

Some people think Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that Jesus is God in flesh, but I don't consider people to be heretics if they believe Jesus is the Son of God. Indeed, the first sentence in the book of Mark says, "The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Reporting it! “

Even Paul said in 1 Cor 11 -19 “For there MUST also be heresies amount you , that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.”

when showing off a beautiful gemstone it is usually shown at it finest on a black background or dark burgundy.

like the poor , heresies will always be with us.

plus what may seem to be heresies to one, may be revealed truth to another.

( take the baptism in the Spirit …speaking in tongues …etc …some say one thing , some say another )

if any Site has a list of what is, and what is not…then it is man who made the list according to his own personal belief system.

walking in the Spirit of God , under His shadow , keeps us safe from all deceptions that could harm us .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 16700

I have noticed in some debate areas people denying Jesus is God. I usually just ignore it, I'll keep an eye out for it. I've noticed a couple problem members lately and wonder about their faith and why they give everyone grief. But I don't really like the debate areas either, and yet I learn from it and have grown in my understanding.

Reactions: APAK and amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people think Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that Jesus is God in flesh, but I don't consider people to be heretics if they believe Jesus is the Son of God. Indeed, the first sentence in the book of Mark says, "The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God."
Jesus comes out and says that he is God in the bible. He also says that he was given power to resurrect himself. The bible points out that heavenly Father resurrected him. So the point is that heavenly Father resurrected Jesus but Jesus performed the resurrection of himself. By definition I would think anyone that was given power to resurrect themselves from death is a god. So saying Jesus is not God is a heretic answer. Not believing the bible.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 16708

Flooded you say...
I appreciate your concern but is there really a problem with heresy?
It is okay to debate certain topics but when a member starts a thread and makes a declaration in their OP that is contrary to the beliefs of the forum then it becomes necessary to take action....IF they are posting in the Christian Only forums.
Under the Non-Christian forums
There are 3 that non-believers can create threads and posts without fear of action taken against their unbeliefs.
And....Christians are not permitted to start threads in the General Discussion forum....however they can join the thread and participate in the discussion.
I can tell you there have been many who have come and have been banned for blasphemy and heresy.