"Please Report Heresy"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife Oh…okay, now I get what was happening in that other thread…

After I first met God I found a book in the thrift store that was my absolute favorite. I lament that i picked it up so much it fell apart eventually and the pages all got scattered. It was like…just almost all Bible verses. There was something toward the very end I vehemently didn’t agree with, I forget what…but man, did I ever love that book. The author was EG White. Do you know the title of a book that author wrote that is almost all verse after verse? It was a really thick paperback.
I really have no idea on this, but here's a sight where you can read all her books.

English — Ellen G. White Writings

I wonder if this is the one you are looking for . . .

A Call To Stand Apart

Much love!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every site runs things differently. I'm on 3. Where one might let all groups post in forums some have restrictions on where heterodox, cults or atheists can post and some use those same groups as opportunities for evangelism and to see how ones faith holds up under scrutiny. So whatever forums one posts on they need to know the rules they agreed to when they became a member.
Sometimes Christians have to break the rules by defending the Bible. Actually many times. It's a choice between their rules or God's rules. Staunch defenders of the Bible are often viciously attacked by "Christians". Actually that's the norm.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or maybe I don’t get it…I thought maybe they were having a fit over you being Adventist…but I guess it could have been over someone else. For all I know, it was me they were having a fit over.

But I still want to know the name of that book I had.
Maybe @Backlit knows…
Hi SbG. Ellen White has written about 20 books, while the church has put together at least a couple of dozen others drawing from her writings from the many manuscripts, letters, articles from magazines, sermons, and counsels over the 60 odd years of her ministry. So no, I don't know which one you might have had. Marks has however given you the link to the EGW ESTATE, where all her materials, as well as numerous other books from Adventist pioneers, are freely available and are downloadable on pdf form. I have the app for the EGW ESTATE and it is a very friendly user site. One thing you will discover, Adventist's have more authors and writers among their number than likely any other denomination. We don't hide who we are and aren't afraid of being questioned and challenged for our beliefs.
Oh, and PS EDIT... You're welcome to vehemently disagree. We don't usually bite, at least not to the extent where we draw blood.:cool:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or maybe I don’t get it…I thought maybe they were having a fit over you being Adventist…but I guess it could have been over someone else. For all I know, it was me they were having a fit over.

But I still want to know the name of that book I had.
Maybe @Backlit knows…
Actually, you'd be hard-pressed to find a book by Ellen White that wasn't full of Bible verses, but the most popular are Desire Of Ages, The Great Controversy, and Steps To Christ. If you haven't yet (or even if you have), Desire Of Ages is the one to read. It's what you'll get at The Library Of Congress if you walk in and ask for the best modern book ever written on the life of Christ. Other excellent ones are Christ's Object Lessons, Ministry Of Healing, Thoughts From The Mount Of Blessing, Acts Of The Apostles, Prophets And Kings, and Patriarchs And Prophets. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you'd be hard-pressed to find a book by Ellen White that wasn't full of Bible verses, but the most popular are Desire Of Ages, The Great Controversy, and Steps To Christ. If you haven't yet (or even if you have), Desire Of Ages is the one to read. It's what you'll get at The Library Of Congress if you walk in and ask for the best modern book ever written on the life of Christ. Other excellent ones are Christ's Object Lessons, Ministry Of Healing, Thoughts From The Mount Of Blessing, Acts Of The Apostles, Prophets And Kings, and Patriarchs And Prophets. :)

oh my gosh, desire of ages, I think that might be what it was called…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes! I just looked at chapter one. That is the book. I tore the loft apart last night at 3 or 4 a.m. looking for if maybe I still had it because I remembered I put a large rubber band around the whole fallen apart mess because I couldn’t bear to part with it. But I couldn’t find it so it got tossed.

oh I can’t wait to read it again!

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes! I just looked at chapter one. That is the book. I tore the loft apart last night at 3 or 4 a.m. looking for if maybe I still had it because I remembered I put a large rubber band around the whole fallen apart mess because I couldn’t bear to part with it. But I couldn’t find it so it got tossed.

oh I can’t wait to read it again!
When you devour that one, Thoughts From The Mount Of Blessing and Steps To Christ are good follow-ups.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about Chinese Christians and believers in India? Should they be taught medieval English so they can finally understand word of God? :)
No. The equivalent of the KJV is also available in Chinese and Hindi. Go to the Trinitarian Bible Society web page.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The equivalent of the KJV is also available in Chinese and Hindi. Go to the Trinitarian Bible Society web page.
Do you think getting a Bible based on the KJV is a big priority for the believers in China and India? Hard for me to imagine. They've got real problems over there. :)