Please Stop Turning Non-Debate Threads Into Debates

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that,.. this place gives us TONS more freedom than CF (both .com and .net) ever did. Also let me rephrase what I said before, Jesus and the Bible are very important to me in my life,.. they just aren't my whole life as I do other things and one of the reasons that I love John so much is he isn't an over religious nutcase either. He's a regular person like me and you and just like us his beliefs are just that,.. his beliefs. Reading the Bible isn't the only thing he does besides eating, sleeping, and breathing etc.

I agree mostly, for me though this place has become deadly. I do agree that this place has more religious nutcases than anywhere else. I like regular people whom can be regular like you and @JohnDB. My favorite music is kinds that don't have overt religious lyrics like Burlap to Cashmere, though I do listen to very huge amounts of Christian Rock, Heavy Metal, Folk, and my favorite Christian New Wave (My favorite New Wave being Crumbacher, I was in a video of theirs when I was a teen). Mainly Classic Christian Rock from the 80's and 70's.

My problem is I am going through some type of crisis and my spiritual life is not the same.

Yeah me too but I also believe that He has a sense of humor and I've known pastors who use this skit in their sermons to prove a point and save your prayers for the more important things in life.

Agreed. The problem is many folks here including the admin want to be overly serious. Even though you ask for no debate there are still those who want to nitpick and debate. I miss the safe spaces that CF offered, here the admin wants everyone to beat each other up. I don't know what the blazes is so wrong with a place where one can go where this nonsense is not allowed.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's alright, you don't have to like it. :)

Is not what?

Well you don't have to worry about it anymore because the video itself has been taken down,.. it isn't going to stop me from watching it on my own though. Then again, I don't think anybody was trying to tell me not to do it since nobody on here can really tell me what to do.

I wouldn't say that,.. this place gives us TONS more freedom than CF (both .com and .net) ever did. Also let me rephrase what I said before, Jesus and the Bible are very important to me in my life,.. they just aren't my whole life as I do other things and one of the reasons that I love John so much is he isn't an over religious nutcase either. He's a regular person like me and you and just like us his beliefs are just that,.. his beliefs. Reading the Bible isn't the only thing he does besides eating, sleeping, and breathing etc.

Yep,.. I do. ;)

Well the music video is down now anyways, but I kept picturing Jesus watching me watch it in my mind and I wasn't feeling any kind of conviction, but I do understand that it might be a little bit too far for this forum though. I was feeling a bit of conviction from you and other members on here but not from the Holy Spirit though.

Good point. I don't believe that I fall into the first category though.

I don't believe that we ever discussed that concept but Harry Potter hands down. I mean,.. the dude's got magical powers. You can't really beat that. :D (Unless you mean the actor of Harry Potter Daniel Radcliffe then I would have to say Johnny Depp because he's a lot bigger and stronger than him unfortunately.)
Capt Jack Sparrow is difficult to find...and squirmy. :p

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't wanna live, we wanna thrive...

If all we're doing is living...

...let us die...

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I agree mostly, for me though this place has become deadly. I do agree that this place has more religious nutcases than anywhere else. I like regular people whom can be regular like you and @JohnDB. My favorite music is kinds that don't have overt religious lyrics like Burlap to Cashmere, though I do listen to very huge amounts of Christian Rock, Heavy Metal, Folk, and my favorite Christian New Wave (My favorite New Wave being Crumbacher, I was in a video of theirs when I was a teen). Mainly Classic Christian Rock from the 80's and 70's.

My problem is I am going through some type of crisis and my spiritual life is not the same.

Agreed. The problem is many folks here including the admin want to be overly serious. Even though you ask for no debate there are still those who want to nitpick and debate. I miss the safe spaces that CF offered, here the admin wants everyone to beat each other up. I don't know what the blazes is so wrong with a place where one can go where this nonsense is not allowed.
I think that anyone who is secure in their faith would have no difficulty in being involved in a forum like this. If one is feeling threatened by the beliefs of others expressed in these threads, then one needs to ensure that they are really in the faith and have a stronger assurance of their own standing with God.

Just because others express opinions that are contrary to mine, it doesn't mean that I have to be converted to them. I can agree to disagree with others without it undermining my faith in Christ. I don't have to become abusive to others in my defence of what I believe. I adopt the attitude, "you have your opinions and I have mine".

I think that this is what being in a forum is all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose and Tone

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't...

...argue...

No! I don't wanna!! :p

Honestly, to me that sounds like bullying and trolling somebody if they don't want to debate a certain topic. We should feel free to discuss our favorite songs and videogames without sounding like we're the anti-Christ if we enjoy them. We've got lives of our own but yet some people on here act as if we should be nuns, monks, and priests or something and not do anything but eat, sleep, work, and pray. If you don't enjoy what we enjoy,.. fine! Feel free to disagree with us but if it's not Sunday and I'm not in church, I don't really want to be preached a sermon!! :rolleyes:

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I adopt the attitude, "you have your opinions and I have mine"
Seems many aren't satisfied with that attitude. They want you to "prove"you are right. Or they will "prove" you are wrong with a truckload of Bible verses.
I don't know enough scripture to take part anyway. That's the wrong reason to learn scripture isn't it. Better I stay unwell versed.

Reactions: April_Rose

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sounding like we're the anti-Christ if we enjoy them. We've got lives of our own but yet some people on here act as if we should be nuns, monks, and priests or something and no
And what is wrong with that?
I was thinking of becoming a monk myself. But I think you have to hand in your phone so I changed my mind.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I will pray for you right now. (Turns off phone)

For what? I'm not going to become a nun no matter how much that you pray that I do. o_O (Or a preacher either as I don't think that women can become priests.)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Seems many aren't satisfied with that attitude. They want you to "prove"you are right. Or they will "prove" you are wrong with a truckload of Bible verses.
I don't know enough scripture to take part anyway. That's the wrong reason to learn scripture isn't it. Better I stay unwell versed.
I don't use the Scripture as a battering ram to push my opinions. I give my opinions first and if a Scripture comes to mind that supports it, I include it.

If I see a post that contains just verses of Scripture, all I see is that the person can quote the Bible. It is as if the person thinks that the bare Scripture verses, sometimes out of context, have a magical quality to convince the readers that his opinion is the correct one.

My view is that if one is going to quote Scripture to prove a point, he or she needs to give an exposition on how that Scripture does prove his point, otherwise the bare Scripture quote means little and contributes nothing to the discussion.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
For what? I'm not going to become a nun no matter how much that you pray that I do. o_O (Or a preacher either as I don't think that women can become priests.)
A good question - "For what?"
True prayer is this: "Be not anxious for anything, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God; and the peace of God which passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:5-6).

Therefore, prayer is asking God for things that He can bestow on us according to His will. Therefore, effective prayer is knowing what the will of God is for us: "Be not unwise, but understanding what the will of God is" (Ephesians 5:17).

But when someone, especially when he or she disagrees with you, says they will pray for you, it shows me that they are using prayer as some kind of force to get you to comply with their view. It is as if God respects them and will always do what they want Him to do. In my mind, that kind of prayer is a kind a sorcery - like putting a spell on you to undermine your own faith in your standing with Christ and to make you think that you have a fault that has to be corrected by them casting the spell of "prayer" on you.

It is similar to someone Bible bashing you to get you to agree with them. That is using the Bible also as a sorcery spell as if quoting the Bible releases the "force" to change your opinion concerning an issue, and if you resist, then you are "resisting God", which produces uncertainty and guilt in you.

Therefore using prayer and the Bible in this way as a "spell", is nothing short of witchcraft. It is on the same demonic level as an African witchdoctor pointing the bones at a victim, causing them to become sick and die. In fact, using prayer and the Bible as a force to change your thinking is the same as putting a curse on you that if you resist, you will die spiritually.

So, in every case that someone says, "I am praying for you" or quotes the Bible, in order to force their opinions on you, renounce it immediately and plead the blood of Jesus against any attack of any spirit of sorcery, witchcraft or divination. You will find that your faith in Christ will remain intact.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe God speaks to me? That's your prerogative I guess but I do think you need prayers.

No,.. for one I thought you were joking and for two I think you're just using God as a method in trying to control me and I like this forum so I'm staying here as long as people want me here.

Please don't type at me in that tone of voice...

...thanks...

Lol! :p

Reactions: Tone