Please Use the "REPLY" and "QUOTE" Features.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are replying to someone's post or comment, it should be considered courteous and perhaps the only way to have an ongoing discussion or dialog. Otherwise, you may only be venting...or blogging, in which case maybe that is where your comments belong. Nothing wrong with that--just maybe not in the forums. ;)

I am only saying this because it seems to happen a lot, and often times I will discover days, weeks, or months later (or perhaps never) that someone has responded to a comment that is not yet a finished discussion...even if they think so.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you are replying to someone's post or comment, it should be considered courteous and perhaps the only way to have an ongoing discussion or dialog. Otherwise, you may only be venting...or blogging, in which case maybe that is where your comments belong. Nothing wrong with that--just maybe not in the forums. ;)

I am only saying this because it seems to happen a lot, and often times I will discover days, weeks, or months later (or perhaps never) that someone has responded to a comment that is not yet a finished discussion...even if they think so.
Yes it does help with knowing which post is being replied yo.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I fixed your thread title for ya. It said Rely instead of Reply...lol...we don't have a Rely button that I know of....:Thumbsup:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does help with knowing which post is being replied yo.
And that someone is specifically replying to your post.

I love that feature of this forum. Alerts that someone posted in a thread you are watching and Alerts someone has replied to your post. When I'm short on time, which is almost always, I prioritized responses to my post.

Otherwise, I may never even notice their post. By the time I get to review other posts, it could be pages later. Great thread @ScottA

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah Scott, Good Point :)

Walter