POlgamy is in the Bible is it okay to Marry Many wifes?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question i also have

Is it okay to marry an unbeliever?

Is there any evidence in the bible witnessing to this?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You said there was no marriage in heaven? Just wondered where you got
It from? And if you could help show me @dev553344.
Jesus said it . When the SAD U CEES who didnt believe in a ressurection were trying to trick him .
The man married a woman , he died left no seed , so his brother marries her , he too dies and has no seed .
ALL SEVEN had her as a wife . SO in the resurrection WHOSE WIFE shall she be , THEY SAID .
THEN read what JESUS says . THERE IS NO MARRIAGE in the next life . NONE . NONE of them will be her husband in the next life .
Go read it . its in the gospels .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it okay to marry and unbeliever?

The church taught against it . IF one is ALREADY a believer , THEN no way should he or she marry an unbeliever .
Now if two unbelievers married and then ONE comes to JESUS
Paul then wrote he dont have to put her away , nor does she have to put away the unbeliever . WELL
lest they want to GO . But as far as one who ALREADY believes . NO way . Dont go being unequally yoked .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it okay to marry an unbeliever?

2 Corinthians 6:14 instructs, “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?” If the situation of being unequally yoked can be avoided it should.

1st Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so.

Of course this brings up some unanswered questions....

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me something like that of a brothel, but only less brothel, Enoch111.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 6:14 instructs, “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?” If the situation of being unequally yoked can be avoided it should.

1st Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so.

Of course this brings up some unanswered questions....
Thank you for sharing, grail.
Wow, so if a person desires to, they can... That is pretty amazing, guess it could cause issues but if a person is willingly to deal with it, and they keep their self to each other in regards of being together as a husband and wife, its not a bad thing.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Murder is condemned in the bible (well sometimes) but polygamy is never condemned.
That is incorrect. For priests in Israel (supposedly spiritual men) and elders in the church (spiritual men) they are required to be the husbands of one wife. And the book of Proverbs supports that.

Reactions: dev553344

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, grail.
Wow, so if a person desires to, they can... That is pretty amazing, guess it could cause issues but if a person is willingly to deal with it, and they keep their self to each other in regards of being together as a husband and wife, its not a bad thing.
I mean life is a matter of choices, how it turns out can be influenced by your choices....
If you do not marry a Christian, how are you going to raise your kids?
What are your choices....atheist, Jew, Hindu....
What guides their life....??

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mom never knew what she was doing, Grail.

My cousin who is a Dad doesnt even know what he has been doing.

We all just try in this life;

Or quit and give up.

Today i was pretty depressed; but it was needed and now im alright; sung it out; talked it out.

You right about choice friend.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mom never knew what she was doing, Grail.

My cousin who is a Dad doesnt even know what he has been doing.

We all just try in this life;

Or quit and give up.

Today i was pretty depressed; but it was needed and now im alright; sung it out; talked it out.

You right about choice friend.
The neat thing about Christianity is that it can guide you.
But to guide you, you need to know what the real sins are......if not, you walk through a life as a minefield of real sins and fake sins and you will step on a real sin trying to avoid a fake sin. Or accuse other people of sins that are fake....which is a sin in itself.
There are people that think you have to be stupid and uneducated to understand, God or the scriptures, but thank heavens, God is not stupid! God makes sense, what He tells us to do and not to do, makes sense.

God wants us to enjoy life. If you have someone preaching to you that you have to be miserable and stupid to be a saved Christian .... they are stupid, and they are following their own advise.

God tells us what to do and what not to do so we will have a happy life. He tells us what not to do so we do not make the same mistakes man has been making from the very beginning....sinning hurt others and yourself. Love God and love one another and be good and do good and you will have a happy life.

Listed below are the sins that are listed in the Bible, anyone adds to them they are playing god. There is nothing here that restricts you from enjoying life. These are the things that cause harm. If I were to give you advise....don't overdo anything. Don't over eat, don't over drink, don't gamble a whole lot, there is a balance between work and play. Only have sex with someone that you are in love with and intend to spend the rest of your life with....and then there is the wedding.... LOL ....because if you had sex you are already married.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The neat thing about Christianity is that it can guide you.
But to guide you, you need to know what the real sins are......if not, you walk through a life as a minefield of real sins and fake sins and you will step on a real sin trying to avoid a fake sin. Or accuse other people of sins that are fake....which is sin in itself.
There are people that think you have to be stupid and uneducated to understand, God or the scriptures, but thank heavens, God is not stupid! God makes sense, what He tells us to do and not to do, makes sense.

God wants us to enjoy life. If you have someone preaching to you that you have to be miserable and stupid to be a saved Christian .... they are stupid, and they are following their own advise.

God tells us what to do and what not to do so we will have a happy life. He tells us what not to do so we do not make the same mistakes man has been making from the very beginning....sinning hurt others and yourself. Love God and love one another and be good and do good and you will have a happy life.

Listed below are the sins that are listed in the Bible, anyone adds to them they are playing god. There is nothing here that restricts you from enjoying life. These are the things that cause harm. If I were to give you advise....don't overdo anything. Don't over eat, don't over drink, don't gamble a whole lot, there is a balance between work and play. Only have sex with someone that you are in love with and intend to spend the rest of your life with....and then there is the wedding.... LOL ....because if you had sex you are already married.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Enjoy!
Real and sound, Grailhunter. Thank you very much friend, and brother.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is incorrect. For priests in Israel (supposedly spiritual men) and elders in the church (spiritual men) they are required to be the husbands of one wife. And the book of Proverbs supports that.
Since when is a special rule for priests a condemnation?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Polgamy is in the bible, is it okay to have mulitple wives?
So, you promise to be faithful to the girl you marry when down the track another catches your eye.....and you marry her as well.
What happened to the promise of faithfulness? ....and do you promise the second one to till a third catches your eye?
Somehow I can't escape the conclusion that a bit of bs is being relied on.

So, you bed them because it's fun but can you handle more than one? :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol @quietthinker for me im more of a get to be with one stick with one. Our eyes always willl find something that attracts of the human anatomy; it definitly seems to be;

“Where is ones heart at?”

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That gives me something to think about, Dev. Thank you for your help. You also said something about how it deacons or bishops should pertain to one wife, would you consider the case of Hagar and Sarah a good example of what happens when another woman is brought into a relationship?

Cause if God made Adam and Eve, wouldnt his set up? Of one way be dominate?

It wasnt Adam, eve, and sarah and bonnie, and rachel, it doesnt seem like. God would see that as to much for ol Adam.
Kind of interesting this just came to mind, I think it's kind of related since we are created in God's image.

Matthew 6:24
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

If we check the story of Jacob in the OT, Jacob ended up loving Rachel more than Leah. This is a good example of why one should not have 2 wives in a similar way as we are not to serve 2 gods. Hagar and Sarah are also good examples of this.

Also just like in Christ there is one groom and one bride, one Christ Jesus and one Body of Christ.