Politics and violence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God ordered that stuff in the OT. It ended with the new covenant= LOVE. One does not kill their own brothers in Christ--No real follower ever has nor any of Jesus real teachers would allow it. It takes throwing Jesus away to accomplish it.

Disagree

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did not Jesus teach--Love, peace, and unity-- Then hoe can you disagree?

Trust me I understand the peace thing
And when it came right down to it....he took a knotted rope to the money changers.
There is nothing about the storyline in the Bible that would suggest anything but Christ return in months...soon....quick....last days...last times....nothing to suggest even last months.
Things changed.

On the other hand Christian pacifism is fine with me....have a blast.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me I understand the peace thing
And when it came right down to it....he took a knotted rope to the money changers.
There is nothing about the storyline in the Bible that would suggest anything but Christ return in months...soon....quick....last days...last times....nothing to suggest even last months.
Things changed.

Even when the clergys saw what a power mad murderer Hitler was, they didnt try to stop the young men=darkness. It took throwing Jesus away. If the clergy stood up for Jesus and told the young men not kill for him(especially when they stood on both sides while the clergys prayed to the same God on both sides=hipocrosy) Hitler wouldnt of had enough armies left to attack anyone. Millions of our human brothers lives would have been saved.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even when the clergys saw what a power mad murderer Hitler was, they didnt try to stop the young men=darkness. It took throwing Jesus away. If the clergy stood up for Jesus and told the young men not kill for him(especially when they stood on both sides while the clergys prayed to the same God on both sides=hipocrosy) Hitler wouldnt of had enough armies left to attack anyone. Millions of our human brothers lives would have been saved.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was jan 6 a sin??
The sin was the theft of the election. That was a huge crime. The bogus insurrection claim was simply a distraction from the real crime, which was in fact a high crime and treason. And nobody did anything about it. But the so-called insurrection was a FALSE FLAG OPERATION by the FBI, CIA, BLM, Antifa and some Democrats.

Christians are required to rebuke the works of darkness, which means speak out against the evil that has been perpetrated through the Gulag in DC. The real criminals were all released, but the pranksters are being treated as "domestic terrorists" because the Democrats know that they themselves were the domestic enemies. At the same time the RINOs have stood by and done nothing about either the stolen election or the injustice heaped upon people who were protesting the theft of the election.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what about turn the other cheek?

That is the love Jesus taught-Not to take vengeance for oneself--Vengeance is mine said the lord. He taught to return love instead.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jan 6th was two sides of the table, one upset with the other. Both sides were wrong. Neither Trump nor Biden are good presidents.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what about turn the other cheek?

Like I said, I do not have any problem with those that see Christianity as pacifistic.
And slow to anger and slow to retaliate is only wise.....two cheeks! Unless you are going to offer the other two cheeks? LOL

Biblically there would have been no reason to fight.....biblically Christ was to return soon and handle all that.

He did not, and Christianity would have to fight to survive. It is ok with me if you think they should have been sheep to the slaughter.
And tens of thousands of Christians went to arenas and were slaughtered. God decided to stop that by having the most powerful empire befriend them.

A person that does not fight and gets killed, living by their beliefs....I do not condemn them.
Home invasions, strangers come into the home and rip the wife and children apart and the husband does not resist....if that is their religion who are we to criticize? There are Christians that would rather die than kill another.....I am not one of them.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Australia has been tough on borders for a number of years now, but the government definitely needs more compassion on the refugees and illegal immigrants here for genuine reasons for a better life or to escape violence, these people have been locked up in detention centres for far too long.
Would you say that if a gang invaded your home and claimed it as their own?

There are immigration laws for a reason. As well as rules for refugee status. And for a reason. It's a privilege to enter across a country's border.

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are immigration laws for a reason. As well as rules for refugee status. And for a reason. It's a privilege to enter across a country's border.
Migrant INVADERS are falsely calling themselves "refugees" and the Leftists in all countries are doing the same thing -- mislabeling people to get away with murder (literally). The UN did an actual study of "refugees" and discovered that 99% of those claiming refugee status are NOT refugees, but migrant invaders. They are breaking immigration laws to enter countries illegally, and getting away with it.

The migrant invasion of the West by people from third world countries is a planned and funded movement by the globalist elites to DESTROY nations, borders, nationalism, democracy, and freedom. Muslim migrant invaders are using this as a means to undermine the West, establishing Sharia law, and eventually an Islamist Caliphate.

When foreign invaders are given the right to vote (along with royal privileges not even given to citizens) that is the end of both freedom and democracy. And that is exactly the plan of the globalists. All free people are to become slaves and experience third world conditions, while the elites rule over them.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like I said, I do not have any problem with those that see Christianity as pacifistic.
And slow to anger and slow to retaliate is only wise.....two cheeks! Unless you are going to offer the other two cheeks? LOL

Biblically there would have been no reason to fight.....biblically Christ was to return soon and handle all that.

He did not, and Christianity would have to fight to survive. It is ok with me if you think they should have been sheep to the slaughter.
And tens of thousands of Christians went to arenas and were slaughtered. God decided to stop that by having the most powerful empire befriend them.

A person that does not fight and gets killed, living by their beliefs....I do not condemn them.
Home invasions, strangers come into the home and rip the wife and children apart and the husband does not resist....if that is their religion who are we to criticize? There are Christians that would rather die than kill another.....I am not one of them.

"He did not"? It's only been 2000 years since Christ walked the earth, and those 2000 years have gone very very quickly, His promise of coming back soon remains and turn the other cheek still applies.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all. So in recent weeks, we’ve been hearing about new indictments and information concerning last Jan 6. And it has often been a complicated issue for me because i find politics in general brings out the worst in people.

should christians fight back against tyrannical govts?? There are so many instances where govts have done terrible things to its people, is it justifiable to ever fight back?
Violence is the solution of the short sighted carnal man.....so short sighted in fact that they make a God in their own image.
Did Jesus fight? of course he did ....but what were his weapons and how did he employ them?

.....Jesus said, all who take the sword will die by the sword.....so we must ask, what were the weapons of his warfare?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Migrant INVADERS are falsely calling themselves "refugees" and the Leftists in all countries are doing the same thing -- mislabeling people to get away with murder (literally). The UN did an actual study of "refugees" and discovered that 99% of those claiming refugee status are NOT refugees, but migrant invaders. They are breaking immigration laws to enter countries illegally, and getting away with it.

The migrant invasion of the West by people from third world countries is a planned and funded movement by the globalist elites to DESTROY nations, borders, nationalism, democracy, and freedom. Muslim migrant invaders are using this as a means to undermine the West, establishing Sharia law, and eventually an Islamist Caliphate.

When foreign invaders are given the right to vote (along with royal privileges not even given to citizens) that is the end of both freedom and democracy. And that is exactly the plan of the globalists. All free people are to become slaves and experience third world conditions, while the elites rule over them.
did you say there were free people?

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"He did not"? It's only been 2000 years since Christ walked the earth, and those 2000 years have gone very very quickly, His promise of coming back soon remains and turn the other cheek still applies.
Jesus said this generation will not pass away, those to whom he spoke would not taste death, before the coming of the son of man.
Matthew 24 MOUNCE;NET - When Jesus had left the temple and was - Bible Gateway

A generation is 40 years. And present tense, this generation, precludes a future event.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reactions: Josho

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And it could remain for the next 2 million years....redefining the term "last days"
Two cheeks....baam!

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'this generation'....he was referring to the generation that sees the signs he was talking about....not the generation he was speaking to 2000 years ago!
I would say God would then know to use a different and thus applicable pronoun would the sermon be futuristic.

"That", for instance. Rather than saying this generation shall not pass away.
The full contest of the chapter language itself implies present tense.