Politics and violence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say God would then know to use a different and thus applicable pronoun would the sermon be futuristic.

"That", for instance. Rather than saying this generation shall not pass away.
The full contest of the chapter language itself implies present tense.
translation has its challenges

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was jan 6 a sin??
J6 was a sin on a multitude of levels. The Communist left orchestrated the whole thing, they continued to lie about what happened for a whole year in their pursuit of power, and buried any legitimate concerns about election fraud. T

On the other hand, the Trump supporters who engaged in criminal activity shouldn't have taken the bait, and more Reps should have stood up against the false narrative that Trump was trying to violently overthrow a lawfully elected president. The Reps who went along with the narrative are just as guilty as the communist left because they are helping to perpetuate a lie to protect their own careers instead of the country.
Did you miss these facts? The white men came over here and murdered and stole this country, murdered millions of Indians. Probably worse than what Hitler accomplished. Then enslaved black men and treated yellow men like dogs. How great was that? And i would bet they were called heros. Some try to say this country was founded on christianity--just the opposite is reality. So pure evil founded the usa.
While this country wasn't founded on true Christianity, let's not ignore the fact that the American Indians murdered each other, kidnapped white people, and murdered white people who did nothing to them. While it is dangerous to subscribe to American triumphism, it's equally dangerous to swing to the other extreme and cast the founders as supervillains like the proponents of CRT are doing.

I especially want to push back on the idea that the white men "stole" this country. God said the whole earth is His(Exo. 19:5), so it only belongs to whomever He says any given area on this planet belongs to. He promised this very land that make up the U.S. to Joseph's descendants in the last days(Gen. 49:1, 22-24), so it's theirs' by right. Verse 24 is especially relevant to this topic, because Jacob prophesied that God Himself would empower Joseph's descendants to take the land that He promised to them.

Whether anyone in the United States can accept it or not, the U.S is one of several English speaking countries on this planet that can directly trace their ancestry back to Abraham through Joseph. The white people didn't "steal" this country any more than their OT ancestors stole Canaan from the people who lived there. That would be implying that the American Indians were the legal owners of this land as far as God was concerned, and that isn't true. As harsh as it sounds, they have absolutely no claim to the land.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
J6 was a sin on a multitude of levels. The Communist left orchestrated the whole thing, they continued to lie about what happened for a whole year in their pursuit of power, and buried any legitimate concerns about election fraud. T

On the other hand, the Trump supporters who engaged in criminal activity shouldn't have taken the bait, and more Reps should have stood up against the false narrative that Trump was trying to violently overthrow a lawfully elected president. The Reps who went along with the narrative are just as guilty as the communist left because they are helping to perpetuate a lie to protect their own careers instead of the country.
While this country wasn't founded on true Christianity, let's not ignore the fact that the American Indians murdered each other, kidnapped white people, and murdered white people who did nothing to them. While it is dangerous to subscribe to American triumphism, it's equally dangerous to swing to the other extreme and cast the founders as supervillains like the proponents of CRT are doing.

I especially want to push back on the idea that the white men "stole" this country. God said the whole earth is His(Exo. 19:5), so it only belongs to whomever He says any given area on this planet belongs to. He promised this very land that make up the U.S. to Joseph's descendants in the last days(Gen. 49:1, 22-24), so it's theirs' by right. Verse 24 is especially relevant to this topic, because Jacob prophesied that God Himself would empower Joseph's descendants to take the land that He promised to them.

Whether anyone in the United States can accept it or not, the U.S is one of several English speaking countries on this planet that can directly trace their ancestry back to Abraham through Joseph. The white people didn't "steal" this country any more than their OT ancestors stole Canaan from the people who lived there. That would be implying that the American Indians were the legal owners of this land as far as God was concerned, and that isn't true. As harsh as it sounds, they have absolutely no claim to the land.

The indians fought back what do you expect? Wow are you blind-The indians owned this whole country until white men came. Abraham was Righteous, murderers and thieves are not, they are wicked. The indians saved the white mans butt the first year they were here, then they turned on the indians because gold was found in many places laying on top of the streams to start with.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. So in recent weeks, we’ve been hearing about new indictments and information concerning last Jan 6. And it has often been a complicated issue for me because i find politics in general brings out the worst in people.

should christians fight back against tyrannical govts?? There are so many instances where govts have done terrible things to its people, is it justifiable to ever fight back?
The United States was founded on a revolution in 1776, which involved a war.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. So in recent weeks, we’ve been hearing about new indictments and information concerning last Jan 6. And it has often been a complicated issue for me because i find politics in general brings out the worst in people.

should christians fight back against tyrannical govts?? There are so many instances where govts have done terrible things to its people, is it justifiable to ever fight back?
Matthew 5:39 (NKJV)
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person.