Poll Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should i Read the bible for myself

• Yes (give me a book to start on)

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No (reason please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Fresh Fruits and vegetables.
i guess this is kinda hard to believe what with all the info out there, but juicing even veggies is a poor substitute,
and juicing fruit is basically suicidal, unless consumed in a particular way, by a certain type of person.
it has to do with the glycemic index, spiking the blood sugar, etc
with the veggies one is removing all of the fiber
can't think of a single advantage to juicing tbh
did it for years, too. until i became pre-diabetic

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should i Start Reading the bible with out the view of a (Jehovah's) witness.

to see if i get a different message and see how i can try to grow closer to God.
Who's view would you be using?

Curious Mary

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i guess this is kinda hard to believe what with all the info out there, but juicing even veggies is a poor substitute,
and juicing fruit is basically suicidal, unless consumed in a particular way, by a certain type of person.
it has to do with the glycemic index, spiking the blood sugar, etc
with the veggies one is removing all of the fiber
can't think of a single advantage to juicing tbh
did it for years, too. until i became pre-diabetic

Hmm still probably better for you than soda pizza and cake. But it didn't feel sustainable, it would make a poor substitute for a regular diet. Good thing fasting isn't supposed to be a regular diet.

My grandfather told me once about a man who got stomach cancer and lived off whiskey.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why?

Curious Mary
i kind of explained later, but briefly bc his hearing has been knocked out by self-immersion, schizophrenia is common in JWs i guess...yup, 3-4 times avg
https://www.google.com/search?q=Jehovah's+Witnesses+schizophrenia&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&oq=Jehovah's+Witnesses+schizophrenia&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
and the cure is...really what lforrest said, but first the hearing has to be addressed imo, and, meaning no offense to the subject here but he cannot fast for even one day right now, and the point was really to elicit his reaction for proof,
voila`

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i kind of explained later, but briefly bc his hearing has been knocked out by self-immersion, schizophrenia is common in JWs i guess...yup, 3-4 times avg
https://www.google.com/search?q=Jehovah's+Witnesses+schizophrenia&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&oq=Jehovah's+Witnesses+schizophrenia&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
and the cure is...really what lforrest said, but first the hearing has to be addressed imo, and, meaning no offense to the subject here but he cannot fast for even one day right now, and the point was really to elicit his reaction for proof,

voila`
You're thinking he is on meds for schizophrenia? Sounds a bit presumptuous, like 50/50.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hmm still probably better for you than soda pizza and cake. But it didn't feel sustainable, it would make a poor substitute for a regular diet. Good thing fasting isn't supposed to be a regular diet.

My grandfather told me once about a man who got stomach cancer and lived off whiskey.
um, yikes? lol

"Good thing fasting isn't supposed to be a regular diet."
jeez forrest i've already contra'ed you a lot today lol, so i'll just say eat all you like, and keep an open mind here imo :)

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

voila`

How would i be ready to fast?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He is only seventeen and would have no knowledge at his age of who those translators were. But if you have the information, perhaps you should let us know who they were and why they weren't worthy to translate that bible into existence.

Because I recall in studying this, while I don't remember the names, that the particular scholars who translated the NeWT weren't qualified enough to do so in their understanding of the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic languages.

At 17 (which is his stated age), he can still get to know the JW organisation by seeking information about who were the members of the translation committee and their qualifications in biblical languages.

However, he's ducking and weaving about providing this information.

Reactions: Helen

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with you, I did consider this. I doubt a 17 year old would pick up on the difficult theology...

GodsGrace,

That's if he's telling us the truth of his being 17-years-old and is a JW. Mister Michael said in the thread, 'Other bible jws use' #109, 'Who cares if it [JW organisation] tells the truth as long as it doesn't tell lies fine with me'.

This is a very skewed version of the difference between truth and lies.

If he's in training with the cult of the JWs, he'll get schooled up in areas where he'll be attacked, even from the earliest days of interest in the Watchtower.

I know this from a friend who was a JW before becoming born again. From the earliest contact, new recruits are trained to know that Jesus is not God and is a created being. The Watchtower organisation teaches:

Is the firstborn Son equal to God, as some believe? That is not what the Bible teaches..., the Son was created. Obviously, then, he had a beginning, whereas Jehovah God has no beginning or end. (Psalm 90:2) The only-begotten Son never even considered trying to be equal to his Father. The Bible clearly teaches that the Father is greater than the Son. (Read John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 11:3) Jehovah alone is “God Almighty.” (Genesis 17:1) Therefore, he has no equal (Who is Jesus Christ? What Did Jesus Come from?)​

Oz

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the answer to those statements is that Jesus was less than the Father in His humanity (John 14:28), but equal to Him in His Deity (John 5:18) in what is called the hypostatic union...the doctrine that Jesus is 100% God and 100% Man. Because the Holy Ghost became One with the egg in the womb of the virgin Mary, creating a unique zygote that is the Son of God and the Son of man.

Also, Jesus was "made" of the seed of David according to the flesh (Romans 1:3) and yet Isaiah 45:11 makes it clear that He is Jehovah in this.

And finally, Jesus ascended to fill all things (He became transcendent, above time, in eternity). As such, He is indeed from everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:2).

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How would i be ready to fast?
well, we already fast for like 12 hours a day, right, so really you just extend that or whatever

and my sincere apologies, i thought you had complained of some mild schizophrenia
at 17 i was chasing tail and cooking meth lol, imo you are doing great, you should prolly be advising me :)

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GodsGrace,

That's if he's telling us the truth of his being 17-years-old and is a JW. Mister Michael said in the thread, 'Other bible jws use' #109, 'Who cares if it [JW organisation] tells the truth as long as it doesn't tell lies fine with me'.

This is a very skewed version of the difference between truth and lies.

If he's in training with the cult of the JWs, he'll get schooled up in areas where he'll be attacked, even from the earliest days of interest in the Watchtower.

I know this from a friend who was a JW before becoming born again. From the earliest contact, new recruits are trained to know that Jesus is not God and is a created being. The Watchtower organisation teaches:

Is the firstborn Son equal to God, as some believe? That is not what the Bible teaches..., the Son was created. Obviously, then, he had a beginning, whereas Jehovah God has no beginning or end. (Psalm 90:2) The only-begotten Son never even considered trying to be equal to his Father. The Bible clearly teaches that the Father is greater than the Son. (Read John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 11:3) Jehovah alone is “God Almighty.” (Genesis 17:1) Therefore, he has no equal (Who is Jesus Christ? What Did Jesus Come from?)​

Oz
Yes, I thought of this too. Sometimes he doesn't sound like a 17 year old.
Which first book would you have suggested?

I knew God a long time before I started reading the bible...so when I began to read it nothing bothered me because the relationship was so solid. The woman at the well (Samaritan) asking for crumbs was disturbing to me. But I knew there had to be a good explanation knowing how loving Jesus is.

In the end, we have to believe in God more than in the bible. If the bible were ever found to be conflicted, I wouldn't care too much. If the resurrection were found to be false that would be a big problem for me...my trust is in God.

If he can't come to that point, I don't think it'll matter what book he reads first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Michael

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
it's okay is their any way i can practice fasting or is it something you just have to "master" overtime

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The extent of my fasting discipline is that I may skip one to three meals from time to time as the Holy Spirit leads. Really, for me, it has more to do with the fact that I just get busy in the things of the Lord and forget to eat.

If the bridegroom (Jesus) is with you, you don't need to fast (Matthew 9:14-15, Mark 2:18-20, Luke 5:33-35). It is when we feel that the Lord is distant from us that most Christians take up a fast.

Reactions: amadeus