Poll: Bondservant conversation-starter ear piercing a good idea?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think a guy's ear piercing can be a good conversation-starting bondservant comparison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
once upon a time I was legalistic with tatoo's, piercing etc.....

not anymore but its not for me and I do not condemn others who think differently since it has nothing to do with ones salvation.
@Christophany Thanks for your good comment. I think the difference indeed comes when one matures and realizes that, for young Christian men and women or even older in certain circumstances, a piercing or a tattoo can be something that does not merely feel good to do, but can be joyous to do in the expectation that it can be used in some way as a lead in for witness.

Therein maybe lies all the difference between mere legalism and learning to respect Romans 14 liberty as ppl use various means in Gospel witness. For a young Christian, a piercing or a tattoo gift voucher could conceivably be a good gift suggestion if they already would feel strongly about doing it.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, Farouk
Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll!

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now! :)
I think that today enough guys have earings that it may or may not be a good conversation starter. However, I think that if a conversation led to this subject, it would be an easy step to talk about bondservants.
You know that if I tried to describe you, you'd be covered head to toe with piercings and tats. Lol Have a nice day, Farouk.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi, Farouk

I think that today enough guys have earings that it may or may not be a good conversation starter. However, I think that if a conversation led to this subject, it would be an easy step to talk about bondservants.
@Ron Coates Thanks for your comment!

You see, it might work with a Christian talking to a coworker or friend...

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
it has nothing to do with ones salvation.
@Christophany Well, exactly; in fact, at the very conservative local church that my wife and I attend a while ago a majority of the young men and boys seemed to wear earrings; it's such a widespread and benign custom that I can see a lot of Christian young men doing it; just as Christian young men and women sometimes get faith based tattoo designs, really, I suppose...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ron Coates Thanks for your vote! and so you might even go have your done?
If you mean getting my ear pierced, it already is. If I felt led to get a tattoo, I'd do that too. But things like lip and tongue piercing, count me out. How that doesn't hurt, I don't know. Wouldn't they get caught on things? Shalom.

Reactions: farouk

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's stupid to do. It's not a smart move in any sense of the word.

People who do this are too self absorbed...those that leave it in are either trying to look like a thug, a Drug dealer, or some brand of sissy hipster who has no right to the scraggly beard they wear.
(When you have to watch a woman change a flat tire because you can't or won't because you'll wreck your $200 t-shirt)

Abstaining from every appearance of evil means that guys don't wear earrings.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what-a-pinhead

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's stupid to do. It's not a smart move in any sense of the word.

People who do this are too self absorbed...those that leave it in are either trying to look like a thug, a Drug dealer, or some brand of sissy hipster who has no right to the scraggly beard they wear.
(When you have to watch a woman change a flat tire because you can't or won't because you'll wreck your $200 t-shirt)

Abstaining from every appearance of evil means that guys don't wear earrings.
Umm... a while ago a majority of the young men and boys at the small very conservative local church that my wife and I attend happened to wear earrings customarily.

(Yes, the pictures you posted bring a smile; but this of course is not what was in mind.)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm... a while ago a majority of the young men and boys at the small very conservative local church that my wife and I attend happened to wear earrings customarily.

(Yes, the pictures you posted bring a smile; but this of course is not what was in mind.)

If a little is good more is better right?

It's self absorbtion.
It's not simple clothing.

But to permanently damaged the gift that God gave you?

Puhleese.