Pope embraces Islam. Calls it Chrislam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have a point.
He has no point. Pate is an angry anti-trinitarian anti-Protestant Hislopite whose religion is Catholic bashing.
The thread title is a lie, the Pope does not embrace or endorse Islam. He talks with Islamic leaders in an atmosphere of respect which facilitates the ending of senseless killing of Christians. Pate can't see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pope didn't invent the term, Chrislam. That occurred in 1970 in Nigeria.

However, the Pope is an Ecumenist.

Rick Warren embraced its tenets for awhile. If I remember the timeline correctly, he started a backtrack denial campaign shortly after his son's suicide.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows who worship him in spirit and in truth.

Some people may have yet to meet christ; but if they are seeking out God who made the universe knowing their place compared to Him.

I imagine there are many people out there in these places who are christian and dont even know it, amazing how many people doubt the working power of God.

Could be even jehovah witness, mormon, muslim…

Just know that God does speak to humanity through the created universe. And though religions abound; there are those who seek to worship God in spirit and in truth;

So if a person is humble and not religious or they are humble but do religous things,

They just might have the spirit of christ in them and not even know it; but they know the change of heart; that was given.

God is very amazing, and not hindered by man, or by Satan.

The good news is seen through nature,

Trees lose their leaves and grow back - they change colors in fall. That would be a death, burial (change), resurrection (new life next spring).

The sun goes away and comes back.
The moon goes away, and changes, and comes back.

There are many things to consider like the stars that people say shine from the past, and if they go away snd come back, and change during the seasons? Isnt that the good news in nature? Life goes on past there.

Thats the danger of limiting God… (everyone is hell bound - according to them) but not all of those people deny the existence of the whom created it all, and wasnt that the Word which was given the power to create?

Just good things to think about.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has no point. Pate is an angry anti-trinitarian anti-Protestant Hislopite whose religion is Catholic bashing.
The thread title is a lie, the Pope does not embrace or endorse Islam. He talks with Islamic leaders in an atmosphere of respect which facilitates the ending of senseless killing of Christians. Pate can't see the forest for the trees.
You don't know me, nor do you know what I believe.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ condemns all religions. We are saved and justified by faith alone, because we are saved and justified by Christ alone. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 3:26 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. No Catholic religion needed.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hislopite? :IDK::doldrums:
@Robert Pate is a bright green variety of calcite?

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been called a lot of things, but never calcite. You must be a vegetarian.
:oops: What?

I did not call you that. I was expounding on what someone called you.

Further, Calcite is a mineral, CaCO3, that is what helps to form rocks.

Maybe that other members personal attack upon you , including the reference to you're being a bright green form of that Calcite was their way of labeling you a hard head?

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen you elsewhere preaching the same hate.

You are a pope unto yourself. No church, no pastor, just an angry internet troll obsessed with persecuting Catholicism with lies, falsehoods and absurd Bible twisting. You refuse to engage in any meaningful discussion, hate rants is not discussion, its persecution. Lucky for you, the rules don't apply to psychotic Catholic bashers.
We shall see about that.
I am no defender of the RCC. It is not a Christian institution, imo. However, while I've called out Trolls here, your rant is over the line. And if it does not qualify as a personal attack of @Robert Pate, that charge cannot be brought against anyone far less venemous in their vitriol.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that someone would phony up a website just to make Catholics look bad? The website looks very authentic to me.
Have you shared this website brother? Is there proof that the Pope said this?
There is nothing in Catholicism or Islam that resembles Christianity. You might be better off to believe in no God at all.
Hi Robert, I took back my like. I've got a"like" addiction :oops: lol

Yes I do believe many someones would phony up a website to make Catholics look bad. And I would guess it's the same, the other way around.

As for your second post, second half, I would disagree. I find Catholics (I was born and raised Catholic) to be extreemely reverent. I do not believe many of their doctrines or traditions of men. But they are very reverent which is honorable...which I have not at all been in this thread. It really should be locked as it violates the rule of bashing another's faith.

So fair warning, anymore of it and someone will shut it down.

I love you guys! :Broadly:

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows who worship him in spirit and in truth.

Some people may have yet to meet christ; but if they are seeking out God who made the universe knowing their place compared to Him.

I imagine there are many people out there in these places who are christian and dont even know it, amazing how many people doubt the working power of God.

Could be even jehovah witness, mormon, muslim…

Just know that God does speak to humanity through the created universe. And though religions abound; there are those who seek to worship God in spirit and in truth;

So if a person is humble and not religious or they are humble but do religous things,

They just might have the spirit of christ in them and not even know it; but they know the change of heart; that was given.

God is very amazing, and not hindered by man, or by Satan.

The good news is seen through nature,

Trees lose their leaves and grow back - they change colors in fall. That would be a death, burial (change), resurrection (new life next spring).

The sun goes away and comes back.
The moon goes away, and changes, and comes back.

There are many things to consider like the stars that people say shine from the past, and if they go away snd come back, and change during the seasons? Isnt that the good news in nature? Life goes on past there.

Thats the danger of limiting God… (everyone is hell bound - according to them) but not all of those people deny the existence of the whom created it all, and wasnt that the Word which was given the power to create?

Just good things to think about.
Here's the thing.
It isn't a matter of opinion. It is a matter of God telling us what's up. If we accept the Bible contains his messages to us.

And this means everyone is Hell bound!

Unless!

As Jesus, who was God bringing his message in person, told us.

No one comes to him unless the he, the father, leads us. And not everyone is meant to receive the message as to how this is accomplished unless Jesus/the father, intends them to understand.

This is not Calvinism. This is taking God at his word.

God wrote the name of every person to be saved before the creation of this world. Before Eden, Adam and Eve, the forbidden tree.

That's foreordination.
We can't understand God's leading us to his salvation in our natural minded fallen state. The Gospel, the Bible, is foolishness to us when we are in that state of mind.

Only God leading us to himself, by his entering in and changing our consciousness so to understand his leading, his Gospel, is how we become saved.

God chose us. We do not choose, cannot in our natural minded fallen state, choose him..

All of this is scripture.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So darned if they do and darned if they don't. Looks like you can't say anything.

Robert, at the beginning of this thread, you kinda asked a question--you didn't say it was definitive, which others have done many times before, and folks started chiming in, and the whole thing went downhill from there.
I wouldn't even bother.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing that resembles Catholicism is Pharisaism.

All religions are based upon law. Law is what religious people do. Paul said, "Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Paul also said, "The letter (law) kills, but the spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6. The Spirit is the Gospel. In the Gospel we have ALREADY been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17-18. We are Already complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.

Maybe this is why Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws and religion.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So darned if they do and darned if they don't. Looks like you can't say anything.

Robert, at the beginning of this thread, you kinda asked a question--you didn't say it was definitive, which others have done many times before, and folks started chiming in, and the whole thing went downhill from there.
I wouldn't even bother.
That post is what we call thread kindling. Adding fuel to the fire.

No, the OP didn't kinda ask a question.
The OP by its content assured this thread would invite conflict by conflating Christianity with Isla.

And the closing sentence further demonstrates no query was implied in the OP when we're to go to Google to learn more about what Robert stated, not asked.

The thread title doesn't even imply a question. And obviously so because this is absent, ?.

"I wouldn't even bother." See post #54.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That post is what we call thread kindling. Adding fuel to the fire.

No, the OP didn't kinda ask a question.
The OP by its content assured this thread would invite conflict by conflating Christianity with Isla.

And the closing sentence further demonstrates no query was implied in the OP when we're to go to Google to learn more about what Robert stated, not asked.

The thread title doesn't even imply a question. And obviously so because this is absent, ?.

"I wouldn't even bother." See post #54.
What's the big fuss? It is common knowledge that the pope is trying to bring all religions together under the umbrella of the Catholic church, even cults that do not believe that Jesus is the Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @ButterflyJones

Pslams 19:1-14
19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

e-Sword

Psalms 19:1​

The heavens: Psa 8:3, Psa 33:6, Psa 115:16, Psa 148:3-4; Isa 40:22-26; Jer 10:11-12; Rom 1:19-20

the firmament: Rakeea, from raka, to stretch out, the expanse, not only containing the celestial bodies, but also the air, light, rain, dews, etc., all of which display the infinite power and wisdom of their Almighty Creator. Psa 150:1-2; Gen 1:6-8, Gen 1:14-15; Dan 12:3

The scripture is wonderful and awesome, you wont be able to deny God's existences through nature though. You can't tell me that God doesn't know those who worship him in spirit and in truth. Before the Gospels were written down, people taught by mouth, and those who never heard, only had the skies to look at.

Therefore while you can believe the way you do, that is all fine, but the 'scripture' as you claim would say that God, and the good news is founded with-in nature itself.

All one has to do is be humble looking at it; and comparing themselves knowing that there is one greater than them.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @ButterflyJones

The scripture is wonderful and awesome, you wont be able to deny God's existences through nature though. You can't tell me that God doesn't know those who worship him in spirit and in truth. Before the Gospels were written down, people taught by mouth, and those who never heard, only had the skies to look at.

Therefore while you can believe the way you do, that is all fine, but the 'scripture' as you claim would say that God, and the good news is founded with-in nature itself.

All one has to do is be humble looking at it; and comparing themselves knowing that there is one greater than them.
You're welcome to believe as you do.

I'll take God at his word. Because if I add to it or rework it to fit my preference, I am not then believing God's word. I'm believing in mine.