Pope embraces Islam. Calls it Chrislam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know much about this. I heard that the pope has a new religion called Chrislam. I googled Chrislam and up comes all of this stuff about three different temples, one for the Catholics, one for the Muslims and one for Christians. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the Christ. If you want to know more about this google Chrislam.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know much about this. I heard that the pope has a new religion called Chrislam. I googled Chrislam and up comes all of this stuff about three different temples, one for the Catholics, one for the Muslims and one for Christians. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the Christ. If you want to know more about this google Chrislam.
I believe the onus is upon you to provide citations if you're going to make such claims.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are speaking of the Abrahamic House in Abu Dhabi. The three houses are for Islam, Christians and Jews. The three faiths that believe in one God.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are speaking of the Abrahamic House in Abu Dhabi. The three houses are for Islam, Christians and Jews. The three faiths that believe in one God.

They may believe in one God, but they don't believe that Jesus is the Christ. Very interesting to watch what is happening in the world today.

Reactions: Abiding1 and Nancy

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any Religion regardless, if it does not have Christ Jesus as the wellspring of Life is of Satan in fact.
Everything must revolve around and in Christ Jesus, outside of such is nonsense.

Pope Frances is of Satan ! He is a total moron who works so as to undermine Christ Jesus in fact and embraces people who reject Christ Jesus in fact ! He is only on about religion ! Not about being Saved in Christ Jesus at all.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any Religion regardless, if it does not have Christ Jesus as the wellspring of Life is of Satan in fact.
Everything must revolve around and in Christ Jesus, outside of such is nonsense.

Pope Frances is of Satan ! He is a total moron who works so as to undermine Christ Jesus in fact and embraces people who reject Christ Jesus in fact ! He is only on about religion ! Not about being Saved in Christ Jesus at all.
They are all fuel for the fire.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago Francis permitted a Muslim to sing the Adhan, their call to prayer, in the Vatican gardens as part of the Popes peace summit.

The Adhan/Azan has also been performed in Christian churches.
And, at the national cathedral in Washington, DC.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe that someone would phony up a website just to make Catholics look bad?
Yes, there are billions of such web sites. Jesus said we would be hated.
The website looks very authentic to me.
Any web site that says the Pope or the Church endorses or embraces Islam are authored by fear-based liars.

In the wake of 9/11 it has become more important than ever that Catholics have an accurate view of Islam. A starting point, though not the ending point, is reading what the Catechism of the Catholic Church has to say. It states, "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day" (CCC 841).

To understand this, one both has to look at the original context of the quote. The Catechism is not a freshly drafted document. It is in large measure a synthesis of other documents, and one has to look up quotations in the original sources to understand them fully. This is the case for the Catechism’s statement about Muslims, which is taken wholly from Vatican II.

Many find the first part of the quote perplexing: "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims." To many this sounds like Muslims can be saved by adhering to Islam. That isn’t what it means, as shown by the original context.

If you look at Lumen Gentium (LG), the Vatican II document from which the quote is drawn, it becomes clear that the phrase is not meant to say that Islam is a method of salvation parallel to Christianity. The quote comes from LG 16, but it is part of a larger context in the document. To appreciate how it fits into the picture, one needs to go back at least as far as LG 13, which starts by proclaiming, "All men are called to belong to the new people of God"—i.e., to the Church. Section 13 concludes by stating, "All men are called to be part of this catholic unity of the people of God. . . . And in different ways to it belong, or are related: the Catholic faithful, others who believe in Christ, and finally all mankind, for all men are called by the grace of God to salvation."

All mankind is called to the "Catholic unity of the people of God"—in other words, to become Catholics. Some have done so, and so LG states that some "belong to" the Catholic Church while others are related to it "in different ways." Those who belong to it are "the Catholic faithful," while those who are related in various ways include "others who believe in Christ" (who are related to the Church in one way) and "all mankind" (who are related to the Church in a different way).

Read more: https://www.catholicfidelity.com/the-catechism-on-islam-by-james-akin/

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the Christ.
They believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah). However, they do not understand/believe about Jesus being our Savior.... the atonement for our sins.

They reverence Jesus greatly and believe in His virgin birth.

Hopefully, more Muslims will come to the understanding that we cannot get to Heaven/Paradise on our own merits. That our righteousness/good works are filthy compared to God's holiness. That is why we all need Jesus as our Savior.... taking our sins and giving us His righteousness.

I often hear of Muslims becoming Christians after having visions or dreams of Him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. That is how people get tricked by predators of all kinds. Especially in medicines. People fall for all sorts of false truths that are really lies. Be careful in what you accept as truth.

There are a lot of truly ignorant people out there also that think they know things but don't and then make a website trying to gain a following.

I'm not sure about the website you looked up and don't really concern myself with it. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.
Alot of what I stated I didn't learn from the Internet.

Also, about Muslims having visions and dreams about Jesus...then converting to Christianity....this is well documented by Christian mission organizations and missionaries.

I have read two well known books....The Torn Veil and I Dared to Call Him Father about Muslim women who had visions of Jesus. One young lady was also healed of a life long paralysis after seeing a vision of Jesus.

Both women were forced to leave their homes and were persecuted by family.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, there are billions of such web sites. Jesus said we would be hated.

Any web site that says the Pope or the Church endorses or embraces Islam are authored by fear-based liars.

In the wake of 9/11 it has become more important than ever that Catholics have an accurate view of Islam. A starting point, though not the ending point, is reading what the Catechism of the Catholic Church has to say. It states, "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day" (CCC 841).

To understand this, one both has to look at the original context of the quote. The Catechism is not a freshly drafted document. It is in large measure a synthesis of other documents, and one has to look up quotations in the original sources to understand them fully. This is the case for the Catechism’s statement about Muslims, which is taken wholly from Vatican II.

Many find the first part of the quote perplexing: "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims." To many this sounds like Muslims can be saved by adhering to Islam. That isn’t what it means, as shown by the original context.

If you look at Lumen Gentium (LG), the Vatican II document from which the quote is drawn, it becomes clear that the phrase is not meant to say that Islam is a method of salvation parallel to Christianity. The quote comes from LG 16, but it is part of a larger context in the document. To appreciate how it fits into the picture, one needs to go back at least as far as LG 13, which starts by proclaiming, "All men are called to belong to the new people of God"—i.e., to the Church. Section 13 concludes by stating, "All men are called to be part of this catholic unity of the people of God. . . . And in different ways to it belong, or are related: the Catholic faithful, others who believe in Christ, and finally all mankind, for all men are called by the grace of God to salvation."

All mankind is called to the "Catholic unity of the people of God"—in other words, to become Catholics. Some have done so, and so LG states that some "belong to" the Catholic Church while others are related to it "in different ways." Those who belong to it are "the Catholic faithful," while those who are related in various ways include "others who believe in Christ" (who are related to the Church in one way) and "all mankind" (who are related to the Church in a different way).

Read more: https://www.catholicfidelity.com/the-catechism-on-islam-by-james-akin/
Vatican 2 is where the RCC went backwards.
Islam will never embrace Christ Jesus. they will just use Christianity as a dogs play toy. Never trust them ever ! They are Evil and cunning as they come. for they have no Grace at all in fact.

W Churchill was totally correct in saying about Islam, as it being like rabies in a Dog.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one will be saved that has not come to Christ as a repentant sinner and called on him to save them, Romans 10:13.

All religions are a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. It doesn't matter which religion it is. I believe that religion is man's attempt to save himself by the works of the law (what he does). Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, didn't I" Matthew 7:22-23. They thought that salvation was all about them and their religion.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people think that Christians, Muslims and Jews serve the "same God" Even the Pope said this.

‘And kill them wherever you find them…’ Quran 2:191​

"Does not at all sound like our loving and merciful Father."
I know there are always fringe groups who are militant in ANY religion. Yet, it's very hard to see how Muslim men treat women like they are nothing but property. Does OUR God see women as second class citizens? No. Beheadings? No. Muslim men will get to have 10 virgins all to himself in heaven?? NO!!! (yeah, and what do the women receive in heaven??)
I will never believe that we all serve the same God. So sad as, unity would be great but not at the expense of our compromising our own faith. JM2C :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people think that Christians, Muslims and Jews serve the "same God" Even the Pope said this.

‘And kill them wherever you find them…’ Quran 2:191​

"Does not at all sound like our loving and merciful Father."
I know there are always fringe groups who are militant in ANY religion. Yet, it's very hard to see how Muslim men treat women like they are nothing but property. Does OUR God see women as second class citizens? No. Beheadings? No. Muslim men will get to have 10 virgins all to himself in heaven?? NO!!! (yeah, and what do the women receive in heaven??)
I will never believe that we all serve the same God. So sad as, unity would be great but not at the expense of our compromising our own faith. JM2C :)
There is nothing in Catholicism or Islam that resembles Christianity. You might be better off to believe in no God at all.

Reactions: amigo de christo