Pope Francis calls for solidarity with refugees

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
"Pope Francis has urged people to welcome refugees fleeing war and hunger in his first public words after arriving in Kraków, indicating that he would not duck the issue likely to be a significant cause of tension between him and the Polish government during the five-day papal visit.

Speaking at the city’s Wawel cathedral two hours after his plane touched down on Wednesday, Francis spoke of the need for a “spirit of readiness to welcome those fleeing from wars and hunger, and solidarity with those deprived of their fundamental rights, including the right to profess one’s faith in freedom and safety”.
Everything possible must be done “to alleviate the suffering while tirelessly working with wisdom and constancy for justice and peace”, he added. (...)"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/27/pope-calls-for-solidarity-with-refugees-during-speech-in-krakow
Being a Protestant myself, I can’t say that I agree with the Pope on every issue. But, saying this just a day after a Catholic Priest got murdered in France, I think the Pope certainly deserves praise for not repaying evil by evil, like so many are tempted to do these days.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
i dont trust the pope. He says things that are against hte Church's teachings, which means against Christ of course... (last thing said for the benefit of protestants)