Pope Francis does good again!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
From BBC News:

"A senior Italian cleric has been charged with laundering millions through the Vatican bank, police say.

Monsignor Nunzio Scarano is already on trial and under house arrest on separate charges of plotting to smuggle 20m euros ($26m; £17m) into Italy.

The former Vatican accountant and two other people were served with arrest warrants on Tuesday, police said.

Last year, Pope Francis set up a commission to review the bank's activities after a series of scandals.

Vatican investigators are currently going through the bank accounts of many clerics working in areas of southern Italy, where organised crime syndicates operate.

Monsignor Scarano spent several months last year awaiting trial in Rome's Queen of Heaven prison, and was then released to house arrest for health reasons. American financial inspectors appointed by Pope Francis believe the monsignor may not be alone in having used the Vatican bank for money-laundering operations.

Traditionally the Vatican has opposed the right of the Italian judiciary to investigate alleged crimes committed by its officials on the grounds of diplomatic immunity and privilege, reports the BBC's David Willey in Rome.

But under Pope Francis, increased cooperation between the Vatican and Italian authorities led to the arrest of Monsignor Scarano last summer, our correspondent says."

I am not a member of the Roman Catholic Church, but I do like Francis. It appears to me that he is giving the RCC a long-needed house-cleaning.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Dodo_David

were wise to you just trying to earn some brownie points with the Pontiff. Just in case Luther was wrong about salvation ,

" urban legend has it" that you been reading that counter reformation stuff again :D

now you've done it -------- no Lutheran airline ticket for you

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0-W-OLT6nw.

just to show you what a good time yur missing on Lutheran airlines ..

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
horsecamp said:
Dodo_David

were wise to you just trying to earn some brownie points with the Pontiff. Just in case Luther was wrong about salvation ,

" urban legend has it" that you been reading that counter reformation stuff again :D

now you've done it -------- no Lutheran airline ticket for you

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0-W-OLT6nw.

just to show you what a good time yur missing on Lutheran airlines ..
:huh: I fly on Southwest airlines, and, upon listening to that video, i'm glad that I fly on Southwest.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As the report said

"The bank is undergoing a major restructuring on the orders of Pope Francis."

A few days ago I read that Pope Francis had dismissed four of the five Cardinals in the commission that were overseeing the bank's activities and replaced them with four others..

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
When the leader of the Roman Catholic Church does something good that's worthy of international news,
I have no problem acknowledging his action as being good. ^_^