• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are not saved by following the law, whether that law is moral law like the Ten Commandments, or Mosaic, Leviticus, Ceremonial laws from the Old Testament. Truly I say to you, the only way to go to Heaven is by faith alone in Jesus Christ. And therefore all people in the whole world will be washed by the Blood of Christ, who died on the cross and paid for the penalty for all our sins, which is death, and resurrected 3 days later, showing that His sacrifice is sufficient.

Colossians 1:19-20: Through Christ "God was pleased ... to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross."

Truly I tell you, I’ve seen a pattern with all false religions. They all require good works to go to Heaven. Muslims believe in the 5 Pillars of Islam, which is a bunch of random good works like praying, fasting, pilgrimage. None of those wash away sin, only Christ’s blood does. Modern day Judaism believers who reject Christ still follow like the approximately 613 Leviticus Laws (which were specifically meant for Moses’ Israelite people, which appear in other Old Testament books).

Leviticus 26:46

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

An example of this is pork, where the Israelites were prohibited from eating it due to it’s connection to the Cannanite false god of child sacrifice, Molech.

Deuteronomy 14:8-10 8 And don't eat pork, since pigs have divided hoofs, but they do not chew their cud.

Jesus later declared that all food is clean.

Mark 7:19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

Why? Because those were laws for the Israelites under Moses, thousands of years ago, due to the temporary influence of the demon Molech.

Christianity is the only religion that does not require works, and only faith alone. Because nothing under the Law saves us. The purpose of God’s Law is to only point out sin. In certain time periods, some things can be a sin, a violation of a law, and then no longer be a sin, such as eating pork.

Also, as we know scientifically, we have to cook pork more strictly since there’s a higher chance for it to carry diseases when compared to beef or poultry.

Exodus 15:26

He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”

Specifically, God did not want the Israelites under Moses eating pork since the Lord was worried they wouldn’t cook it properly, get diseases and be wiped out. And He promised to the Israelites not to give them the same diseases He gave to the Egyptians. Also, all the Israelites being dead from pork disease would have affected who would give birth to Jesus Christ.

Thus, when Jesus was born, He declared all food clean. Yes, all food is clean, even pork. Now that Jesus is already born, diseases Now that we know, scientifically, to cook pork cleaner.

However, the law of love is still in effect, to be kind to teach other. Moral laws like the Ten Commandments of not murdering, not bearing false witness, etc. When people realize sin, through the Law that they broke, then they recognize their need for a saviour from sin and believe in Christ Jesus with faith alone and are made clean.

Lam. 3:21-24 "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions FAIL NOT. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness."

Therefore, we must believe in Jesus Christ to be washed of our sins. No amount of good work that we as humans try to do can save us from our sins. Because to get into Heaven, you have to be clean. The Lord is Holy, He does not have any sin, He died for our sins. Therefore, believe in His sacrifice on the cross, which paid for the wages of all sin, to be made clean from your sins. All humans have sin, I am a guilty sinner just like all people in the world. And thus, we will all be saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ amen.

Psalm 102:19-21 The Lord looked down from His sanctuary on high, from heaven He viewed the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners and release those condemned to death.

PSALM 145:3-17 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. .I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness ... The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. All you have made will praise you, 0 Lord ... They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts...Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall ... The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

ISAIAH 46:9-10 I am God, there is no other, I am God, and there is no one like me; I reveal the end from the beginning, from ancient times I reveal what is to be: I say, "My purpose shall take effect, I will accomplish all that I please."

My blessings to you my friends, you will all receive the salvation of Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Therefore, we must believe in Jesus Christ to be washed of our sins. No amount of good work that we as humans try to do can save us from our sins.

And once "washed in the blood of the Lamb' we are kept "washed" by the same.

The same Blood Atonement that is "washing sin clean", regarding the Thousands who trusted Christ today, is the same Blood of Jesus that is keeping the born again clean, forever.

Welcome to : The Gift of Righteousness

This blood atonement (The Cross of Christ)..... is a "one time ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin".

"eternal".

It does not wear off.
It does not disappear.
It does not go away.

Its COMPLETED, finished, done....."ETERNAL."

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not saved by following the law, whether that law is moral law like the Ten Commandments, or Mosaic, Leviticus, Ceremonial laws from the Old Testament. Truly I say to you, the only way to go to Heaven is by faith alone in Jesus Christ. And therefore all people in the whole world will be washed by the Blood of Christ, who died on the cross and paid for the penalty for all our sins, which is death, and resurrected 3 days later, showing that His sacrifice is sufficient.

Colossians 1:19-20: Through Christ "God was pleased ... to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross."

Truly I tell you, I’ve seen a pattern with all false religions. They all require good works to go to Heaven. Muslims believe in the 5 Pillars of Islam, which is a bunch of random good works like praying, fasting, pilgrimage. None of those wash away sin, only Christ’s blood does. Modern day Judaism believers who reject Christ still follow like the approximately 613 Leviticus Laws (which were specifically meant for Moses’ Israelite people, which appear in other Old Testament books).

Leviticus 26:46

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

An example of this is pork, where the Israelites were prohibited from eating it due to it’s connection to the Cannanite false god of child sacrifice, Molech.

Deuteronomy 14:8-10 8 And don't eat pork, since pigs have divided hoofs, but they do not chew their cud.

Jesus later declared that all food is clean.

Mark 7:19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

Why? Because those were laws for the Israelites under Moses, thousands of years ago, due to the temporary influence of the demon Molech.

Christianity is the only religion that does not require works, and only faith alone. Because nothing under the Law saves us. The purpose of God’s Law is to only point out sin. In certain time periods, some things can be a sin, a violation of a law, and then no longer be a sin, such as eating pork.

Also, as we know scientifically, we have to cook pork more strictly since there’s a higher chance for it to carry diseases when compared to beef or poultry.

Exodus 15:26

He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”

Specifically, God did not want the Israelites under Moses eating pork since the Lord was worried they wouldn’t cook it properly, get diseases and be wiped out. And He promised to the Israelites not to give them the same diseases He gave to the Egyptians. Also, all the Israelites being dead from pork disease would have affected who would give birth to Jesus Christ.

Thus, when Jesus was born, He declared all food clean. Yes, all food is clean, even pork. Now that Jesus is already born, diseases Now that we know, scientifically, to cook pork cleaner.

However, the law of love is still in effect, to be kind to teach other. Moral laws like the Ten Commandments of not murdering, not bearing false witness, etc. When people realize sin, through the Law that they broke, then they recognize their need for a saviour from sin and believe in Christ Jesus with faith alone and are made clean.

Lam. 3:21-24 "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions FAIL NOT. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness."

Therefore, we must believe in Jesus Christ to be washed of our sins. No amount of good work that we as humans try to do can save us from our sins. Because to get into Heaven, you have to be clean. The Lord is Holy, He does not have any sin, He died for our sins. Therefore, believe in His sacrifice on the cross, which paid for the wages of all sin, to be made clean from your sins. All humans have sin, I am a guilty sinner just like all people in the world. And thus, we will all be saved by faith alone in Jesus Christ amen.

Psalm 102:19-21 The Lord looked down from His sanctuary on high, from heaven He viewed the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners and release those condemned to death.

PSALM 145:3-17 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. .I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness ... The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. All you have made will praise you, 0 Lord ... They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts...Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall ... The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

ISAIAH 46:9-10 I am God, there is no other, I am God, and there is no one like me; I reveal the end from the beginning, from ancient times I reveal what is to be: I say, "My purpose shall take effect, I will accomplish all that I please."

My blessings to you my friends, you will all receive the salvation of Christ.
Even Noah knew the difference between clean and unclean. Not Mosaic.
Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

And Jesus never said pork was clean.

In Peter and the Sheet in Acts 10, Peter said he learned that you call no man unclean. Acts 11 says the same.
Acts 11:1-18"
11 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,

5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.
9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.
11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;

14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christianity is the only religion that does not require works, and only faith alone. Because nothing under the Law saves us.

I put my spin on what was stated in bold:

Christianity is the only religion that does not require works for salvation, and only faith alone. But this faith in turn results in works empowered by the Spirit, not one's flesh.

And it's this latter truth that people confuse with the former that when one does "works" of the Law (which guides us as to how we should do things) they get accused of trying to gain salvation by works.

Now as for pork eating, the issue there is if that's a form of ceremony depicting the future Christ or is it a moral law? Ceremonially speaking it certainly was a sin not to offer the proper sacrifices but it is no longer required because Jesus Christ now replaced that. However, it is a requirement that Christians keep such ceremonies in observance, perhaps in changed form: the first was Passover now it's commonly called "Communion" The one is Christ, the other are the people's response. As a new Covenant came this does not mean we forget the response. It means that the Lord has a better Covenant and is no longer under the Levitical system so the manner of that worship is changed. Now hold that thought.

As for moral Laws, those are simply manifested acts of righteousness and a lesson to us. They are not "shadows of things to come" in which the Law Paul was talking about was the former. Stealing is still stealing, adultery is still adultery and so forth. These laws (simplified as the 10 commandments) we ought to do, but by the Spirit.

Back to pork. It depends on how the person interprets that passage as I understand there are various ways to interpret the Bible that are not clear. As for me, I interpret it more on the moral end of the spectrum. But eating pork actually did have symbolism to it. To eat something with a parted hoof but does not watch it's diet are those who "have the form of godliness but deny the power". The pig shows how Kosher it is by showing off its parted hooves, and thus looking like any religious person, but you can tell they are bad by their diet. The split hoof is one's walk and discernment. Now the other end of the spectrum is something like the rabbit, who chews the cud (most likely your garden) but does not have parted hooves. These are those who are "ever learning but never being able to come to the knowledge of truth" They sit among us and oh yes, they learn constantly, but then don't have discernment and walk off forgetting what they have learned as the days go on. The former is more dangerous IMO as they can be deceptive and can harm others. The latter is more on the silly end of the spectrum and harms oneself.

Reactions: TheOneHeLoves

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are not saved by following the law, whether that law is moral law like the Ten Commandments, or Mosaic, Leviticus, Ceremonial laws from the Old Testament.
We definitely aren't saved by Law, nevertheless I wouldn't jump off the Empire State Building in the belief that the law of gravity no longer applies, neither would I murder anybody expecting that I could get away with it using the argument that the law no longer applies.

The whole premise you've stated is muddled and flawed because it is approached from a faulty paradigm and does nothing but create more confusion than there already is.

All that said, do you know anyone in Christian circles who blatantly believes man is saved by law keeping? Do you know anyone on this site who makes this claim? If not, why is it rehashed again and again and again?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once "washed in the blood of the Lamb' we are kept "washed" by the same.

The same Blood Atonement that is "washing sin clean", regarding the Thousands who trusted Christ today, is the same Blood of Jesus that is keeping the born again clean, forever.

Welcome to : The Gift of Righteousness

This blood atonement (The Cross of Christ)..... is a "one time ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin".

"eternal".

It does not wear off.
It does not disappear.
It does not go away.

Its COMPLETED, finished, done....."ETERNAL."
Wow this could start a trend! I agree with everything you wrote 100% In Gods eyes I will never be anything but clean and perfect!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Wow this could start a trend! I agree with everything you wrote 100% In Gods eyes I will never be anything but clean and perfect!

The born again Son-Daughter is not under the law, while the Blood and death of Jesus has also dealt with all sin 2000 yrs ago.

This is why 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge sin to the redeemed believer.

There is no basis for it, as they are "not under the law, but under Grace" having been "made Righteous" by the ETERNAL Redemption that is 'in Christ".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again Son-Daughter is not under the law, while the Blood and death of Jesus has also dealt with all sin 2000 yrs ago.

This is why 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge sin to the redeemed believer.

There is no basis for it, as they are "not under the law, but under Grace" having been "made Righteous" by the ETERNAL Redemption that is 'in Christ".
2nd time we agree 100%

Reactions: Behold