Possessing Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every human being is lacking in completion until they possess Christ - Christ posseses them. They are created to contain the life of another. Think back to the garden - what happened when Adam disobeyed God? he recieved life.. spirit life - the life of another. Created a living soul in the image and likeness of God - to fulfill the plan but taking on the sinning rebel life of another as his life. We could stop there and talk about that nature that drives the human being. That lieing sinning nature is so sutle humanity feels like it is them that is the rebel sinner capable of anything - including love.

Fallen man is compicated - Paul said 'the things he wanted to do he could not do, and things he did not want to do - he did them.' Paul also gives the answer saying it was no longer he that did the sinning but sin in him. Paul was seeing (Paul's revelation) what made sinners. Paul was seeing what happened when Satan's lie was manifest in humanity. God had revealed to Paul the cause and effect of the human being. Paul knew now (first time man was seeing what sin was) what made up human beings - what made them tick..crude word but we can see a truth to what drives humanity. Roman's 7 is powerful chapter to give the understanding of Paul's gospel. Paul is talking about what makes up a human being that is either in Adam or in Christ now. They operate by the nature that is in them - the life is in the nature. As we have talked about.. human beings are not nature - they have a nature. They are made up with nature but that nature is not derived from human beings. It is derived from a progenitor.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, - Romans 16:25.

There was at one time something that was hidden in God .. but now had been revealed to Paul. No man knew what God had planned for creation or the reason for creation. I used to think it was so he could have a chosen people. He had nothing but trouble with a chosen people in scripture. Israel was chosen by God to be his people and he had nothing but trouble with them - but I somehow could justify that being the reason for creation. When the truth is; they are a chosen people of God. But they are not the reason for creation!

We still follow a pattern after Israel - how God dealt with them and how he blessed them and took care of them and if they gave their money God gives them money back - like he is a Manhattan bank. All kinds of ideas come from scripture when men try to put it together.

So how many denominations are we up to now? All are men with great ideas giving good ideas to anyone that will listen. I'm not knocking denominations but if they can not give to you an answer.. the reason for creation - very possible they do not understand the gospel. I'm talking about 'the gospel,' not what men say the gospel is.

Most of don't see anything wrong with a gospel that just does not fit creation..but they don't know what else to do. We would really like to take what man says (because we get to keep our old rebel life) and just fix up the old life - the gospel of correction. They will tell you 'the sin nature is not really gone' they say..but you can do this and it will help you. Crucified in Christ they say - just means Jesus saved you and you can do better if you work hard enough to straiten up..work this system and you'll be alright - crucify yourself. That is religion's answer to sin..just try harder.. laughable!

So they will tell you that - not only do you have a human nature, but you have a sin nature maybe (we know you sin so possible) and maybe another nature! Jury is still out on that one. Results are simple.. religion has no idea what is going on and the confusion is astronomical. Unless you read scripture and know where to read and go and look at it until your eye balls fall out. It is a bonified miracle for a believer today to come to understanding in God he intended for creation before the foundation of the world.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25 . . I am the resurrection.

People who make the cut for a bodily Christian resurrection will be immortal.
(1Cor 15:51-54)

However; at the time Jesus made that statement, he wasn't yet risen from
the dead, i.e. Jesus wasn't immortal. We can be sure of that because had he
been, then it would've been very difficult for the Romans to execute him on
the cross. Jesus is immortal now (Rom 6:9 and 1Tim 6:16) but he wasn't
then.

So; there's apparently more to the resurrection that Jesus spoke of than
immortality because the grammatical tense of his statement is present tense
rather than future; indicating he was the resurrection right then.

When Jesus was here, he was not only a human being with human life, but
he was also a human being with eternal life.

John 5:26-27 . . For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted
the Son to have life in himself.

That very same eternal life is available right now, no delay and no waiting
period.

John 5:24-25 . . I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes
Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed
over from death to life. I tell you the truth; a time is coming, and has now
come, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who
hear will live.

So: a rough-hewn description of a Christian is someone that's a human
being with human life while simultaneously a human being with eternal life:
same as Jesus was, and still is.

But there's a catch. People cannot have eternal life a la carte as it can only
be had by having Christ too seeing as he is, in some mysterious way, the
very existence of eternal life even as his Father is the very existence of
eternal life.

1John 1:1-2 . . That which was from the beginning, which we have heard,
which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands
have touched-this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life
appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the
eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

1John 5:11-12 . . God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His son.
He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does
not have the life.

NOTE: According to John 5:24-25 and 1John 5:11-2, people lacking eternal
life are not only dead on the hoof, but neither do they have God's son; which
is a very grave situation because according to Rom 8:9, folks lacking God's
son are outsiders, viz: they are not Christ's sheep.
_

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:26-27 . . For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted
the Son to have life in himself.

That very same eternal life is available right now, no delay and no waiting
period.

Good word, great scriptures thanks. Do you see anything on how the Christ life comes about in Christian's?