Posting Annoyance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just the same, "we have not because we ask not . . .", seems there may be things that God is waiting on us for.

Much love!
Mark

"...and even when you ask, you don't get it because your motives are all wrong--you want only what will give you pleasure." James 4:3

Yes--the Scripture is informative on the point of supplication (asking and subsequent receiving). But, I think that prayer is meant to bring us closer to God as well--recognizing who He is and praising His great works, thanking Him for His daily mercies, confessing the wrong things we have done that day, and finally, asking for His blessing on the day. When asking for things after that, one's motives are much more refined. Does God need our recognition, praise, thanksgiving and confession? No, He needs nothing from us--but He knows that we need prayer as a refining fire, administered by His Holy Spirit.

And, on top of all that, at moments of intense suffering, His Holy Spirit intercedes for us. I've only had one experience like that--when my daughter was a toddler. One evening, she began vomiting and was spiking a high temperature. My husband and I took her to the emergency room because it was obvious that she was quite ill, as she was barely conscious and was thrashing and banging her head--probably from a severe headache. The E. R. physician immediately inserted an I.V. catheter in her foot in order to administer fluids. Next, the pediatric consulting physician took one look at her and started mentioning things like meningitis, etc. and said he would have to do a spinal tap. My husband and I were horrified and began to pray together. Throughout that long night, I prayed until, exhausted, I felt I could pray no more. That is when I felt the Holy Spirit interceding--it was the oddest experience of my life but certainly a welcome one. Her fever broke immediately after and the spinal tap came back negative. The illness passed in a few days, but I never forgot that night. Amen. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte and Dave L
D

Dave L

Paul did not say that.
“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” (1 Timothy 1:12–13)

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” (1 Timothy 1:12–13)
Paul had a amazing testimony and insight into God's grace...

Reactions: Acolyte and Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What is odd about that is, if you wait till the next day, you can see all the errors in your work. At least that is the way it works for me. Good thing you can edit indefinitely. Some sites only let you edit within 15 minutes or so from the original posting.
Kind of argues for proofreading, maybe... :)

(which I often forget to do...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"...and even when you ask, you don't get it because your motives are all wrong--you want only what will give you pleasure." James 4:3

Yes--the Scripture is informative on the point of supplication (asking and subsequent receiving). But, I think that prayer is meant to bring us closer to God as well--recognizing who He is and praising His great works, thanking Him for His daily mercies, confessing the wrong things we have done that day, and finally, asking for His blessing on the day. When asking for things after that, one's motives are much more refined. Does God need our recognition, praise, thanksgiving and confession? No, He needs nothing from us--but He knows that we need prayer as a refining fire, administered by His Holy Spirit.

And, on top of all that, at moments of intense suffering, His Holy Spirit intercedes for us. I've only had one experience like that--when my daughter was a toddler. One evening, she began vomiting and was spiking a high temperature. My husband and I took her to the emergency room because it was obvious that she was quite ill, as she was barely conscious and was thrashing and banging her head--probably from a severe headache. The pediatrician took one look at her and started mentioning things like meningitis, etc. and said he would have to do a spinal tap. We were horrified and began to pray together. Throughout that long night, I prayed until, exhausted, I felt I could pray no more. That is when I felt the Holy Spirit interceding--it was the oddest experience of my life but certainly a welcome one. Her fever broke immediately after and the spinal tap came back negative. The illness soon passed, but I never forgot that night. Amen. :)
The matter of motive is very searching. 'I the LORD search the heart' (Jeremiah 17.10).

Reactions: Acolyte

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha...no kidding... And a very handsome “he”. :)

I wish more people used them..like ScottA , APAX , Frank etc etc ...I think others just like to ‘hide themselves “ .

I would and have before, maybe I should find a recent one and put it up. The one where I was at a friends house for dinner was the last one that I found to be "okay" lol...not a poser in front of a camera...not very photogenic. But you are Helen! Now, if @Taken would put one up :D

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Avatars and usernames are used for good reason.

If you're fully exposed on the Internet someone will try to abuse you.

Even on my website, you can dig all you want but you not find out who owns that website. My domain is privacy registered.

If it were not it is would not be hard to get my name, telephone number and address.

I own three domain names.