Posting Annoyance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. Abraham" Lincoln
Read more at: Abraham Lincoln Quotes :)

Good find...I wouldn't have known it was him. :)

BTW I believe you will find that @Acolyte is a she, not a sir! But I'm sure she did not mind being addressed as sir. :)

Before I put my own photo on here as an avatar I was so many times addressed as "Brother"...so I thought, 'rather than just keep telling them..I'll put a mug shot up!!' :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW I believe you will find that @Acolyte is a she, not a sir! But I'm sure she did not mind being addressed as sir. :)

Before I put my own photo on here as an avatar I was so many times addressed as "Brother"...so I thought, 'rather than just keep telling them..I'll put a mug shot up!!' :D

Ruh Roh! I am sorry @Acolyte! I should have checked that out first :oops:. Thanks Helen! ♥

Reactions: Helen and Acolyte

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm a "he."

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I just plainly do not believe that ANY will be totally 'lost'.
I won't argue that point with you, Helen although I do disagree! However, that is where I am and you are where you are. God reads us better than we read ourselves or each other, so I will leave such a judgment in His very capable hands.

Reactions: Acolyte
D

Dave L

Okay, now I understand.

And that is just how I feel when people try to tell me that 99% of people are going to fry in hell for all eternity!!! I think not...that was not His Plan.
....View attachment 5735
Why did God create us and the universe including sin? Answer this and eternal punishment in contrast to heaven will make more sense.

Reactions: Acolyte
D

Dave L

And that is why Calvinism is a cult. It has a different God.
You get the picture. Paul said he obtained mercy because he opposed God ignorantly in unbelief. I hope this is true for you as well.

B

brakelite

That is my trouble.
It takes some much time to go down all the ALERTS first...then to check all the threads and new posts. I’m sure I miss some.

But my one big problem is I DONT proof read after I post...I just post and move on.
It is usually when someone quotes me , that I see my many glaring mistakes!!:oops:
YES! And I wonder that they understood what I was saying at times LOL>

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen
B

brakelite

Yes--if I catch it, I usually go back and edit. Such is the nature of online forums--probably why it is bad form to criticize other posters for "spelling or grammar mistakes". They are mostly just typos and lack of proofreading.
My problem is usually when I use my phone which has a predictive system that throws great wobblies on a regular basis...then at night so as not to disturb my wife, I type quietly on my laptop with all lights off...it isn't flash like an apple which has lights under the keys, so I bend the screen over to light up the keyboard...and of course that means I can't see the screen.
And we all know why proofreading ones own work never works.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! And I was raised in a family of 16 close relatives who were either teachers or college professors... AND I am married to a Language Arts Major.

That's got to keep you on your toes!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You get the picture. Paul said he obtained mercy because he opposed God ignorantly in unbelief. I hope this is true for you as well.
Actually, Paul, quite explicitly explained that he often was not ignorant of what was right... in fact he often WANTED to do right, but didn't. And then he sald, in the same passage in Romans 7, that he also violated God's law rather consistantly.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte and Dave L

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And we all know why proofreading ones own work never works.

What is odd about that is, if you wait till the next day, you can see all the errors in your work. At least that is the way it works for me. Good thing you can edit indefinitely. Some sites only let you edit within 15 minutes or so from the original posting.