Postmillenial Partial Preterism...What is it? A Victorious View of the Gospel.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word "Chilioi" was used in 2 Peter 3:8 and in Revelation 20:1-7

The definition is (Uncertain Affinity) not a literal thousand years on this earth as many claim

Strong’s Definitions
χίλιοι chílioi, khil'-ee-oy; plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand:—thousand.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 11x
The KJV translates Strong's G5507 in the following manner: thousand (11x).
take this to a premill thread.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you and Ron can take your futile speculations and foolish ideas to a premill thread.
Have fun speculating on your one nation confederacy, your little horn, your m ark of the beast etc.
Those interested in this thread have heard such speculations for years a n d moved past it.
Are you stating opposing arguments to the claims of "Gentry" are unwelcome in this thread?

Gentry claims Roman Armies 70AD, scripture teaches "All Nations" Will Be Gathered "Future", just as post #276 shows

Futile speculations and foolish ideas = Gentry and 70AD fulfillment of Zechariah 14:1-2

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you stating opposing arguments to the claims of "Gentry" are unwelcome in this thread?

Gentry claims Roman Armies 70AD, scripture teaches "All Nations" Will Be Gathered "Future", just as post #276 shows

Futile speculations and foolish ideas = Gentry and 70AD fulfillment of Zechariah 14:1-2
No....the leading arguments have been totally ignored.Zechariah is quoted right at the time of the cross zechariah 9, 12, 13,14

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No....the leading arguments have been totally ignored.Zechariah is quoted right at the time of the cross zechariah 9, 12, 13,14
The leading argument in Zechariah 14 is this represents the fulfilling if the future gentiles, and second coming of Jesus Christ to earth, also seen in Matthew 24:30

Gentry takes this event, and places it in 70AD in the Roman's destroying Jerusalem, and claims the literal second coming seen, is removed and becomes a judgement upon Jerusalem

Gentry plays off one historical literal nation in Rome, when Zechariah 14:2 teaches "All Nations" will be gathered, a parallel teaching of Revelation 16:12-17 in the battle of Armageddon

Zechariah 14:1-4KJV
1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

(The Day Of The Lord)

As previously stated, (The Day Of The Lord) is taking place, and yes it's the very same (Day Of The Lord) as seen in 2 Peter 3:10, when the Lord returns in literal fire and judgement, as Zechariah 14:12 clearly shows men are literally consumed by this fire as they stand on their feet

2 Peter 3:10KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

"Yes" The river of life is present in Zechariah14:8, a parallel teaching of Revelation 22:1 in the (Eternal Kingdom) as seen below

Zechariah 14:8KJV
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

Revelation 22:1KJV
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were through before you got started.
it is you who fail to interact and properly read what is offered.
Have fun looking for the red heifer,mark of the beast,one world gov.etc.

Well I am not through with you- just Truth7t7. He just posts verses doesn't defend or attempt to prove why he holds all those things as non literal and allegorica, and when shown wrong, he doesn't even address the problem the Scriptures show in his theoiogy of allegorism.

I read all his verses and agree with them- within the whole context of eschatological events and verses.

The fact there are two resurrections in the bible is without dispute. One in Rev. 20:4 and then the bible clearly says "the rest of the dead". that means the balance that were not raised in Rev. 20:4. and also there is the resurrection at teh rapture! Which happens long before the events in Rev. 20. for the Church is the bride of Christ and the church is in heaven and has made herself ready! If there are church saints on earth in Rev. 19, then the bride is not ready and not all parts of the bride are clothed in linene white and pure. It is that simple.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you and Ron can take your futile speculations and foolish ideas to a premill thread.
Have fun speculating on your one nation confederacy, your little horn, your m ark of the beast etc.
Those interested in this thread have heard such speculations for years a n d moved past it.

I find it wholly ironic that truth7t7 rejects the literal word of Scripture while accepting the literal word of this Gentry character saying the bible is not literal. How do we know Gentry is literal??????

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were through before you got started.
it is you who fail to interact and properly read what is offered.
Have fun looking for the red heifer,mark of the beast,one world gov.etc.

BTW:

I have been to Israel and the rabbis do have a flock of red heifers.

Many nations are preppoing for a mark. Norway for one. Many companies, you must be injected with a microchip on your right hand to wortk, buy from teh vending machines, get access to buildings etc. We have been being preconditioned as a people to accept a govt. forcing us to take a mark. social security is a loose example. IN America you cannot work without a SS#

One world govt? that has been in the planning for a long long time now. since the late 1700's actively behind the scenes. Just look at the Club of Rome,, Illuminati, CFR, Euro round tabvles, Bilderbergs, the Davos group (economic forum council) trilateralists, New age theology etc.etc. It will happen on gods ti9metable. I do not have to look for them, they will happen. The economic damage done by the pandemic, the lockdowns, and the massive massive debt national govts. went into could be (COULD not will) be a catalyst for a one world govt.

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am not through with you- just Truth7t7. He just posts verses doesn't defend or attempt to prove why he holds all those things as non literal and allegorica, and when shown wrong, he doesn't even address the problem the Scriptures show in his theoiogy of allegorism.

I read all his verses and agree with them- within the whole context of eschatological events and verses.

The fact there are two resurrections in the bible is without dispute. One in Rev. 20:4 and then the bible clearly says "the rest of the dead". that means the balance that were not raised in Rev. 20:4. and also there is the resurrection at teh rapture! Which happens long before the events in Rev. 20. for the Church is the bride of Christ and the church is in heaven and has made herself ready! If there are church saints on earth in Rev. 19, then the bride is not ready and not all parts of the bride are clothed in linene white and pure. It is that simple.
There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth7t7,
The leading argument in Zechariah 14 is this represents the fulfilling if the future gentiles, and second coming of Jesus Christ to earth, also seen in Matthew 24:30

Gentry takes this event, and places it in 70AD in the Roman's destroying Jerusalem, and claims the literal second coming seen, is removed and becomes a judgement upon Jerusalem

Gentry plays off one historical literal nation in Rome, when Zechariah 14:2 teaches "All Nations" will be gathered, a parallel teaching of Revelation 16:12-17 in the battle of Armageddon

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

(The Day Of The Lord)

As previously stated, (The Day Of The Lord) is taking place, and yes it's the very same (Day Of The Lord) as seen in 2 Peter 3:10, when the Lord returns in literal fire and judgement, as Zechariah 14:12 clearly shows men are literally consumed by this fire as they stand on their feet

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

"Yes" The river of life is present in Zechariah14:8, a parallel teaching of Revelation 22:1 in the (Eternal Kingdom) as seen below

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[/QUOTE]

Once again;
The Day of the Lord The “the day of the Lord” appears frequently in Scripture, particularly in the Old Testament prophets;
(Isa 13:6, 9;

Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Eze 13:5;5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle
in the day of the Lord.

Joel 1:15;
2:1, 11;

Am 5:18, 20;

Ob 15; 15
For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zep 1:7;
14 T
he great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Mal 4:5).5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

It also appears in the New Testament (Ac 2:20; 1Co 5:5; 1Th 5:2; 2Th 2:2; 2Pe 3:10; Rev 6:17; 16:14).

The concept can appear even apart from the full phrase, “day of the Lord.”
Scripture calls it ;

a “day of punishment” (Isa 10:3),

a “day of doom” (Jer 51:2),

a “day of trouble” (Eze 7:7),

a “day of darkness” (
Joel 2:2),

a “day of the Lord’s anger” (Zep 2:2).

Or prophets may simply call it “that day” (Isa2:11, 17; 7:18; 11:10; Jer 4:9; 30:7; Eze 24:26; 29:21; Hos 1:5; 2:16, 18; Joel 3:18; Am 2:16; 8:3; Mic 2:4).

The “day of the Lord” may be “sometimes used by the prophets to refer to any specific period of time in which the God of Israel intervenes in human affairs to save and judge” and “invariably the Day of the Lord is associated with acts of violent judgment” (DBI 196, 197). This concept always appears in the singular form, as an individual day.

Nevertheless, “the ‘day of the Lord’ is not a one-time occurrence” for “there have been days of the Lord in the past” (EDBT 147).

We see them coming against Babylon (Isa 13:6, 9),

Egypt (Eze 30:3–4),

Jerusalem (
Joel 1:14–15),

Edom (Oba 8, 15), and others.

He Shall Have Dominion , Gentry pg 381,382

The symbolism of disruptions of Sun, moon, and stars, accompany these judgments

notice , Jesus gave the indication of the day of the Lord happening to Jerusalem with Mal4:5 , at the time of John the baptist
Mal 4:5).5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Zechariah;
Zechariah 12 Fulfilled
DECEMBER 24, 2014ADAM MAARSCHALK27 COMMENTs

This post is in response to recent and past questions about whether or not the prophecies of Zechariah 12 have been fulfilled. At a later time I may do my own in-depth study of this passage, but this post draws on a few studies done by others who believe that Zechariah 12 was fulfilled in the first century AD. Here are a couple of questions to consider regarding Zechariah 12-14:

1. Did Zechariah speak of only earthly Jerusalem throughout these three chapters, or did he shift at any time to speaking about the new/heavenly Jerusalem?
2. Did Zechariah possibly have a glimpse of the revelation that Paul had in Galatians 4:21-31, when he spoke of two Jerusalems; one that was in bondage and ready to be cast out, and one that was free and is the mother of God’s people? Isaiah had this revelation to some degree (see Isaiah 65:17 – 66:24).

A. In the first study I’d like to present, Don K. Preston discusses Zechariah 12 in conjunction with Revelation 1:7, a related passage, and gives some historical and contextual background for Zechariah 12:

It seems to have escaped the notice of those who offer Revelation 1:7 as proof of a yet future coming of Jesus that this verse is taken directly out of the book of Zechariah; and as we shall see Jesus also uses this verse in the great eschatological discourse of Matthew 24. Surely the Bible student will want to be fully aware of how the verse is used in those contexts.

In Zechariah 12:10 the Spirit is speaking of a time which he designated as “in that day.” This little term is used extensively by the prophet and is a limiting factor for everything which he discusses. Some of the “in that day” statements are confessedly enigmatic; but enough of them are sufficiently specific as to subject or time that there can be no misunderstanding.

1. “In that day” was to be when God would “break my covenant made with all the people” (Zech. 11:7-11). This is undeniably when the Old Covenant would pass.

2. “In that day” would be “when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and Jerusalem” (12:1).

3. “In that day would be when “there shall be great mourning in Jerusalem” (12:11).

4. “In that day” would be when “there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David…for sin and for uncleanness” (13:1).

5. “In that day” would be when God would “cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land” (13:2).

6. “In that day” would be when the shepherd would be smitten and the sheep scattered (13:6-7).

7. “In that day” would be when only a remnant would be saved (13:8).

8. “In that day” would be when God would “gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle,” (14:2).

9. “In that day” “living waters would go out from Jerusalem” (14:8).

10. “In that day” there would be only one God and one Lord (14:9).

… Is it not patent that all the above… happened in one generation? How then can one divorce the appearance of the Messiah, when they would look on him whom they had pierced, from that same fateful generation?

Interestingly, John the author of Revelation used Zechariah 12:10 on another occasion. In John 19:37 as Jesus hung on the cross the Lord’s favorite apostle records the event as fulfillment of Zechariah’s words. This application of a single prediction to two events is not unknown in scripture… For John, Zechariah 12:10 was applicable to Jesus’ crucifixion; but it would receive final fulfillment when “all the tribes of the earth” would mourn when they looked on him whom they had pierced. To John this would be when Jesus returned in the clouds of glory.

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pt2;
Jesus and Zechariah 12:10
As shown, Zechariah 12:10 is the background for Revelation 1:7 and the context demands the event be in the first century generation. But our Lord also employed the language of Zechariah/Revelation in such a way that all controversy as to WHEN it would happen should be dispelled. In the famous apocalypse of Matthew 24 our Lord predicted the destruction of Jerusalem…

In Matthew 24:29-31 Jesus adopts the classical style of Jewish apocalyptic literature in describing the fall of the Theocracy. In verse 30 Messiah quotes Zechariah 12:10 as occurring when the Son of Man would be seen “coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” Now notice the emphatic time statements. In verse 32 Jesus tells the parable of the fig tree. When the predicted events began to be seen by the apostles and disciples they were to “know it is near, even at the doors.” He then [states] in positive terms, “Verily, I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, until all these things shall be fulfilled” (v.34). Our Lord has specifically told us when he would come with the clouds, cf. Rev.1:7, when he would be seen by all those who pierced him. It would be in his generation.

In confirmation of the time frame of his coming with the clouds in judgment one needs to examine Matthew 16:27-28 and compare Revelation 22:12. There is absolute harmony and unity between all these verses. In Matthew 16:27-28 Jesus promised to return in judgment with the angels in the lifetime of his disciples. In Matthew 24 he promised to come and be seen by those who had pierced him and it was to be in that generation. In Revelation he would be seen by those who had pierced him and, “Behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me to give to every man according as his work shall be,” Rev.1:7; 22:12.

How can one objectively examine these texts and ignore the time frame so inextricably woven into the text? Upon what basis can one say that while Jesus in Matthew 24 cited Zechariah 12 as to be fulfilled at his return in Jerusalem’s fall, that in Revelation, although it emphatically tells us it would shortly come to pass (l:l-3) it has not yet been fulfilled?

…Notice the correlation between the theme of the three texts. In Zechariah we are dealing with a time when Jerusalem would be surrounded and besieged, 12:2,11; 13:8ff; 14:2. In Matthew 24 the subject is the destruction of Jerusalem, 24:1-3. In Revelation the theme is the destruction of the great city “where our Lord was crucified,” 11:8. In all three texts you have the coming of the Lord, Zech.14:3-5; Matthew 24:29-31; Revelation 1:7. In each of the texts those who pierced him would see him, Zechariah 12:10,Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7. And of course at the risk of being repetitious, all three [accounts of this event] were set in a specific time frame – “in that day.” Zech.12; “this generation shall not pass away,” Matthew 24:34; and “the time is at hand,” Rev.1:3

B. The second article I’d like to share is on one of Don K. Preston’s websites, but features the writings of Frank Speer and Ed Stevens as they address an article by Thomas Ice titled “Preterism and Zechariah 12-14.” Frank Speer lists some of the “difficulties that arise from taking a yet future approach to Zechariah chapters 12-14”:

• The battle described in these chapters is waged on HORSEBACK (12:4) with SWORDS! (13:7) Is that how the COMING 21st century Great Tribulation is to be fought?

• Modern Jews do not and will not live in “TENTS” (12:7).

• Modern Jewish people CAN NO LONGER BE divided by their 12 ancestral tribes (12:6-14) since those tribes have long since been genetically diluted – the Jewish peoples of today simply CANNOT be equated with ancient, biblical Israel.

• Zech 13:1 is clearly speaking of “The Cross of Christ” (i.e. a first century event). Has there been no Messianic “fountain” of forgiveness available to the Jewish people since the cross?? Have they been made to wait all this time and then some (until Messiah’s STILL FUTURE RETURN) to have access to divine forgiveness of sin?

• The modern Jews do not and will not worship then “many Idols” mentioned in (13:2) – today’s Jews are mostly atheistic.

• There are no modern Jewish “prophets” (13:2) – nor will there be.

• (13:4) – Will false Hebrew prophets wearing “HAIRY ROBES” soon appear in modern day Palestine in order to deceive a mass of Jewish peoples? …

• (13:3) – The modern Jewish peoples do not obey these ancient “Mosaic Laws” (parents killing children for false predictions etc)!

• (13:4-5) – Will “SLAVERY & AGRICULTURE” once again become COMMON PRACTICE for 21st century Palestinians and ALL NATIONS OF THE WORLD??

• Is the modern Palestinian Economy…based on GOLD, SILVER, FABRIC, HORSES, MULES, CAMELS, DONKEYS AND CATTLE?? (14:14-15)

• Notice that the “ALL NATIONS” of 14:1 are QUALIFIED later by “all the SURROUNDING nations” in 14:14. There is no mention here of ALL THE MODERN NATIONS OF THE 21st CENTURY WORLD! These ancient “Middle Eastern nations” surrounding ancient Israel were the same constant thorns Israel dealt with through their entire history!!

• (14:16) Will the modern Jewish peoples, under Messiah, be keeping all of the Old Covenant “feasts” when the N.T. writers (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) clearly state that such things were merely TEMPORARY TYPOLOGICAL TUTORS intended to lead Israel to Christ??

Will Christ then, in the future, lead the “modern Jewish Christians” and ALL THE NATIONS OF THE MODERN WORLD backwards – to those ancient and “rudimentary things” ( Gk: “stoicheion” – Col 2:8, 20; 2 Pet 3:10) that only served to point to Messiah, the cross, the resurrection, etc.???

The N.T. writers tell us that a RETURN to the Mosaic Economy (the OLD covenant system) would be to apostatize from Christ and to INVALIDATE the cross of Christ!!

• (14:16) – Will “all the nations” [of the entire modern world] soon be “GOING UP” to the modern city of Jerusalem each year to celebrate the Jewish feasts?? How will we all FIT??

Will ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD soon SUDDENLY become AGRARIAN BASED in order to begin THE ANNUAL PLANTING AND HARVESTING CYCLE necessary to keep the feast of booths (tabernacles) yearly? Because, if we do not, God is going to bring PLAGUES upon all those wicked nations and destroy their crops by withholding rain on their crops. (14:17-20)

• Is modern Israel under Messiah going to return to bloody ANIMAL SACRIFICES (the NT says that would be nothing short of “blasphemous” – (study the Book of Hebrews)?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth7t7,

(The Day Of The Lord)

Once again;
The Day of the Lord The “the day of the Lord” appears frequently in Scripture, particularly in the Old Testament prophets;
(Isa 13:6, 9;

Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Eze 13:5;5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle
in the day of the Lord.

Joel 1:15;
2:1, 11;

Am 5:18, 20;

Ob 15; 15
For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zep 1:7;
14 T
he great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Mal 4:5).5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

It also appears in the New Testament (Ac 2:20; 1Co 5:5; 1Th 5:2; 2Th 2:2; 2Pe 3:10; Rev 6:17; 16:14).

The concept can appear even apart from the full phrase, “day of the Lord.”
Scripture calls it ;

a “day of punishment” (Isa 10:3),

a “day of doom” (Jer 51:2),

a “day of trouble” (Eze 7:7),

a “day of darkness” (
Joel 2:2),

a “day of the Lord’s anger” (Zep 2:2).

Or prophets may simply call it “that day” (Isa2:11, 17; 7:18; 11:10; Jer 4:9; 30:7; Eze 24:26; 29:21; Hos 1:5; 2:16, 18; Joel 3:18; Am 2:16; 8:3; Mic 2:4).

The “day of the Lord” may be “sometimes used by the prophets to refer to any specific period of time in which the God of Israel intervenes in human affairs to save and judge” and “invariably the Day of the Lord is associated with acts of violent judgment” (DBI 196, 197). This concept always appears in the singular form, as an individual day.

Nevertheless, “the ‘day of the Lord’ is not a one-time occurrence” for “there have been days of the Lord in the past” (EDBT 147).

We see them coming against Babylon (Isa 13:6, 9),

Egypt (Eze 30:3–4),

Jerusalem (
Joel 1:14–15),

Edom (Oba 8, 15), and others.

He Shall Have Dominion , Gentry pg 381,382

The symbolism of disruptions of Sun, moon, and stars, accompany these judgments

notice , Jesus gave the indication of the day of the Lord happening to Jerusalem with Mal4:5 , at the time of John the baptist
Mal 4:5).5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
Thanks for the response,I'm fully aware of Gentry's teaching and its "Error"

Zech 14 represents the second coming, last day judgement by fire,in the (Day of the Lord)

1.) You will closely note you remained silent on Zech 14:8 in the river of life seen, also in Rev 22:1

2.) You will closely note you remained silent on Zec 14:12 in the Lords fire in final judgement, as men are consumed as they stand on their feet

What symbolic allegory does ole Gentry have to remove those literal future events, smiles!

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Zech 14 represents the second coming, last day judgement by fire,in the (Day of the Lord)

1.) You will closely note you remained silent on Zech 14:8 in the river of life seen, also in Rev 22:1

2.) You will closely note you remained silent on Zec 14:12 in the Lords fire in final judgement, as men are consumed as they stand on their feet

What symbolic allegory does ole Gentry have to remove those literal future events, smiles!

The events were future from when Zech. was written, but fulfilled. Here are more portions of scripture you can ignore.
Zech6

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

zech8:
2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.

3 Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.

4 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.

5 And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.

6 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the Lord of hosts.

7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country;

8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

Zech9
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

zech13

6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

these portions of Zech. are posted right at the cross mt 26:31....not thousands of years later as you suggest.

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

River of life...the living water..

47 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.

3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.

4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.

7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

jn7
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

You are bound by the hyper literal, scripture is not.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
River of life...the living water..

47 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.

3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.

4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.

7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

jn7
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

You are bound by the hyper literal, scripture is not.
"No" Ezekiel 47 the river of life in the Eternal kingdom, isnt symbolic of the Holy Spirit flowing (Next)

Do you have a symbolic teaching for the cross of Calvary, removing the literal teaching also?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many companies, you must be injected with a microchip on your right hand to wortk, buy from teh vending machines, get access to buildings etc. We have been being preconditioned as a people to accept a govt. forcing us to take a mark. social security is a loose example. IN America you cannot work without a SS#

One world govt? that has been in the planning for a long long time now. since the late 1700's actively behind the scenes. Just look at the Club of Rome,, Illuminati, CFR, Euro round tabvles, Bilderbergs, the Davos group (economic forum council) trilateralists, New age theology etc.etc. It will happen on gods ti9metable. I do not have to look for them, they will happen. The economic damage done by the pandemic, the lockdowns, and the massive massive debt national govts. went into could be (COULD not will) be a catalyst for a one world govt.
Please post info to that claim in bold red above?

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No" Ezekiel 47 the river of life in the Eternal kingdom, isnt symbolic of the Holy Spirit flowing (Next)

Do you have a symbolic teaching for the cross of Calvary, removing the literal teaching also?
Ok big guy...jn7 :38 says as the scripture has said...
where does the scripture discuss the living water?
Do you have another place?
Is it literal water even though we are told by Jesus it is descriptive of the indwelling work of the Spirit?
Your dismissive comments avoid anything offered rather than address the issues at hand.
You do not interact because you cannot.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H m.j
Ok big guy...jn7 :38 says as the scripture has said...
where does the scripture discuss the living water?
Do you have another place?
Is it literal water even though we are told by Jesus it is descriptive of the indwelling work of the Spirit?
Your dismissive comments avoid anything offered rather than address the issues at hand.
You do not interact because you cannot.
Yes you claim the future (Eternal Kingdom's) river of life seen below is a symbolic allegory of the Holy Spirit

Is the tree of life, its fruit and healing leaves also a symbolic allegory?

Ezekiel Below Is (The Eternal Kingdom) Same River And Tree Of life, Same Fruit On The Tree, Same Leaves Of The Tree For Healing/Medicine

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Companies start implanting microchips into workers' bodies - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Only bad I did, it is not mandatory yet- but is heading there.

Can your company require you to be microchipped? | AZ Big Media

Bill requires employers to keep implanted microchips voluntary for workers (abc12.com)

Microchip: You will get chipped — eventually (usatoday.com)

It can hold more info than the mag strip on a card or the chip on a card and is safer. It is here, it is global and people are getting insoctrinated into doing it. will a microchip be part of the mark of the beast? don't know, but it looks like it could be a good candidate. we will see.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is not a new technology. Variations of this have been in use for a long time. Like RFID chips to track packages, dogs, kids. track your smart phone, and in the mag stripes of credit and debit cards as well as the new chip in cards. They are chok full of info on you.

Reactions: Truth7t7