Postmillenial Partial Preterism...What is it? A Victorious View of the Gospel.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Gentry in his Preterist interpretation mangles scripture to create his teaching and belief in 70AD fulfillment

Just as dispensationalism takes 1 Thessalonians 4:15-15 & 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 and claims the verses represent a (Pre-Trib Rapture) of the Church to heaven, when the verses shown are nothing more than the (Second Coming) Last Day (Resurrection)

Gentry's Preterism and dispensationalism change scripture to suit the teaching and belief

Pre-trib Rapture & 70AD fulfillment, both are fabricated teachings of men, not found in scripture

Well I cannot speak for all of dispensationalists. those verses simply prove there is a "rapture". The verse that proves it is a pre trib event is:

1 thess. 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

When the bible speaks of Gods wrath and it is unmodified like His wrath that abides on unbelievers (John 3) it is ALWAYS referring to the tribulation or the 70th week of Daniel.

When fully translated q Thess. says"...Even Jesus, who is delivering us from tha wrath that is coming." (verebs are present passive deponent, pareticiple)

the word rapture is a man made word, but the pre trib event is firmly established in Scripture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron those teaching Preterism deny scripture that refutes their claims, dispensationalism does the same

Dispensationalism has taught for years that 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 is a pre-trib rapture of the church to heaven, this is a fabricated fairy tale of man, creating something not seen

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

well I can only answer this way: Because you are so bereft at understanding how grammar works, you have merged several different thoughts in this passage intro one messy stew!

21-26 is one thought and 51-54 is another thought not connected to the 21-26 thought. The passage makes it clear. But let mer give you a grammar lesson for free:

vses 12-31 is one complete thought in this passage.

vses 33-49 intorideuces a new subject (the new bodies)

vses 50-54 another different thought- the rapture. Once again this doesn't say when it will occur, just that it will occur.

1 thess. 1:10 is the one key verse that says when the rapture will take place.

also as the two purposes for the tribulation period are to punish evildoers and to break the will fo the Jewish people so they will receive Messiah, to have the church here is foolishness' on gods Part.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron those teaching Preterism deny scripture that refutes their claims, dispensationalism does the same

Dispensationalism has taught for years that 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 is a pre-trib rapture of the church to heaven, this is a fabricated fairy tale of man, creating something not seen

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 Isn't A Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Dont Be Deceived

The main scripture used by supporters of the (Pre-Trib Rapture) is 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, this is nothing more than the (Second Coming) (Last Day) resurrection, not a (Pre-Trib Rapture), don't be deceived

1. Is a resurrection of the believer seen in 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, 100% Yes!

2. Does this resurrection take place on the (Last Day) as Jesus Christ taught below in John 6:39-40, 100% Yes!

3. Is the (Last Day) the time of final judgement as Jesus Christ taught in John 12:48 below, 100% Yes!

Many deny the truth of Gods words below, that are simple, clear, and very easy to understand.

(THE SECOND COMING, LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(THE LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth
; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(THE LAST DAY JUDGEMENT)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

And you ignore that in these verses not once does it say the church lands on earth!

You continue to ignore that in REv. 20 there are two separate distinct resurrestions sperated by your day/1,000 years/eternal time oout of time.

YOu have made a first year believers error of taking all verses mentioning resurrection and lumping them all together without notcing their contexts.

Context still matters!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ron dispensationalism teaches that Isaiah Chapter 11 & 65 represents a Millennial Kingdom on this earth for 1,000 literal years, this is in error, fabricated by man to validate a Millennial Kingdom not found in the scripture

Isaiah Chapters 11 & 65 Is The Very Same Place, The Eternal Kingdom, In The New Heaven And Earth, Don't Be Deceived By Claims This Represents A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth

Same Wolf & Lamb Together, And Lion Eating Straw Like The Bullock/Ox, In The Eternal Kingdom, In The New Heaven And Earth

(For, Behold, I Create New Heavens And A New Earth)

Isaiah 65:17-18 & 25KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 11:6-7KJV
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

So you believe there will be snakes and spiders and lions and lambs in the eternal kingdom? You believe some people will be little children that will stay as young tots for eternity? And that cows and bears will be in heaven?

You have young children in heaven or the eternal kingdom but you ignored this:

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

You have death in the eternal kingdom and citizens of heaven sinning and being accused! WOW!

YOu also have breastfeeding children in heaven:

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

and you also have an eternal distinction between jew and Gentile in eternity:

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Your grievous error is that you see similar words and combine them to mean the same thing and ignore differences. This is a new believer error.

With Men close enough may be good enough, But with God close enough is not good enough!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I cannot speak for all of dispensationalists. those verses simply prove there is a "rapture". The verse that proves it is a pre trib event is:

1 thess. 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

When the bible speaks of Gods wrath and it is unmodified like His wrath that abides on unbelievers (John 3) it is ALWAYS referring to the tribulation or the 70th week of Daniel.

When fully translated q Thess. says"...Even Jesus, who is delivering us from tha wrath that is coming." (verebs are present passive deponent, pareticiple)

the word rapture is a man made word, but the pre trib event is firmly established in Scripture.
1 Thessalonians 1:10 states absolutely nothing about a pre-trib rapture as you claim, the same applies to dispensationalism's claims of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 & 1 Corinthians 15:51-54, all events showing nothing more than the (Second Coming)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 1:10 states absolutely nothing about a pre-trib rapture as you claim, the same applies to dispensationalism's claims of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 & 1 Corinthians 15:51-54, all events showing nothing more than the (Second Coming)

Yes it does- we are being delivered from the wrath that is coming! the lake of fire is never even once called wrath. but teh tribulation period is called a time ofwrath numerous times. The bible uses symbols consistently. God is not going to call thins wrtah (without defining the wrath) meaning bunches of different things.

Sorry but you just saying so cannot overrule the simple clean teaching of Scripture.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
21-26 is one thought and 51-54 is another thought not connected to the 21-26 thought. The passage makes it clear. But let mer give you a grammar lesson for free:

vses 12-31 is one complete thought in this passage.

vses 33-49 intorideuces a new subject (the new bodies)

vses 50-54 another different thought- the rapture. Once again this doesn't say when it will occur, just that it will occur.

1 thess. 1:10 is the one key verse that says when the rapture will take place.

also as the two purposes for the tribulation period are to punish evildoers and to break the will fo the Jewish people so they will receive Messiah, to have the church here is foolishness' on gods Part.
We Will Strongly Disagree

Your claim of two different thoughts is in error, verses 21-26 below is showing the prelude in description and timing of the event, with verses 51-54 showing the described event actually taking place, basic 4th grade reading comprehension

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to ignore that in REv. 20 there are two separate distinct resurrestions sperated by your day/1,000 years/eternal time oout of time.

YOu have made a first year believers error of taking all verses mentioning resurrection and lumping them all together without notcing their contexts.

Context still matters!
We Will Strongly Disagree

There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
24 Then cometh the end,

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe there will be snakes and spiders and lions and lambs in the eternal kingdom? You believe some people will be little children that will stay as young tots for eternity? And that cows and bears will be in heaven?

You have young children in heaven or the eternal kingdom but you ignored this:

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

You have death in the eternal kingdom and citizens of heaven sinning and being accused! WOW!

YOu also have breastfeeding children in heaven:

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

and you also have an eternal distinction between jew and Gentile in eternity:

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Your grievous error is that you see similar words and combine them to mean the same thing and ignore differences. This is a new believer error.

With Men close enough may be good enough, But with God close enough is not good enough!
Scripture Below Clearly Teaches The Animals Described Are In The New Heaven And Earth, Not A Fabrication Of Man In A Millennium On This Earth, Found No Place In Scripture

You Have Been Misled, Just As Santa Claus Dosent Exist, Same Applies To A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth

Isaiah Chapters 11 & 65 Is The Very Same Place, The Eternal Kingdom, In The New Heaven And Earth, Don't Be Deceived By Claims This Represents A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth

Same Wolf & Lamb Together, And Lion Eating Straw Like The Bullock/Ox, In The Eternal Kingdom, In The New Heaven And Earth

(For, Behold, I Create New Heavens And A New Earth)

Isaiah 65:17-18 & 25KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 11:6-7KJV
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does- we are being delivered from the wrath that is coming! the lake of fire is never even once called wrath. but teh tribulation period is called a time ofwrath numerous times. The bible uses symbols consistently. God is not going to call thins wrtah (without defining the wrath) meaning bunches of different things.

Sorry but you just saying so cannot overrule the simple clean teaching of Scripture.
The wrath of God comes upon the unsaved disobedient not the righteous as the scripture clearly teaches below

Trying to build a pre-trib rapture, out of non-existent scripture

Well there must be a pre-trib rapture, because the Church needs to escape Gods wrath?

Real Big Smiles!

Colossians 3:5-6KJV
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath of God comes upon the unsaved disobedient not the righteous as the scripture clearly teaches below

Trying to build a pre-trib rapture, out of non-existent scripture

Well there must be a pre-trib rapture, because the Church needs to escape Gods wrath?

Real Big Smiles!

Colossians 3:5-6KJV
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

You'll find out in time. The good thing is that even you will be raptured though you rejectr the Word of God about it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll find out in time. The good thing is that even you will be raptured though you rejectr the Word of God about it.
Hey Ron

No need to wait, God has told myself and untold others through his clear words, a pre-trib rapture is the fabrication of man, namely John N. Darby & Adulterer C.I. Scofield, and found no place in his words

Scofield in his 1909 reference bible was the greatest influence, planting dispensationalism in the minds and hearts of the unsuspecting, selling million of copies worldwide, that contained the teachings of Darby's pre-trib rapture in the reference notes

Yes Scofield is the very foundation of dispensationalism's world headquarters at (Dallas Theological Seminary) with his prodigy (Lewis S. Chafer) being its pioneer and inception

Scofield abandoned his wife Leotine and two daughters Abigail and Helen, and ran off with young Hettie Van Wark in marriage, being 17 years senior, yes this adulterous relationship gave the world the Scofield 1909 reference bible

And dont forget the Adulterer in Hal Lindsey, on his fourth wife, hailing from Dallas Theological

C.I. Scofield, A Corrupt Tree With Corrupt Fruit

Matthew 7:17-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Last edited: