Pray for Helen our friend and sister

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am really praying that all goes well with her, but what does that mean? I want her to return to us here on this forum, but I cannot and should not dictate to God. He knows, but...

"... pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

If we are righteous and our prayers fervent we must therewith be content but then again...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;..." Ecc 3:1-2

Pray for the best we know but expect the best that God knows... which may be different.

It can seem selfish when we say "Please, Lord...don't take her from us"! Even so, I will pray this, with fervency and tears that she be healed. But at the end of that prayer, there is always a , your will Lord, not mine be done.
Helen's a tough nut and has feistiness (courage and determination) in her, and I'll never give up on the hope that God will bring her healing or at least for the time being, relief! Sure do miss her on here.
His will be done and He will get the glory either way!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can seem selfish when we say "Please, Lord...don't take her from us"! Even so, I will pray this, with fervency and tears that she be healed. But at the end of that prayer, there is always a , your will Lord, not mine be done.
Helen's a tough nut and has feistiness (courage and determination) in her, and I'll never give up on the hope that God will bring her healing or at least for the time being, relief! Sure do miss her on here.
His will be done and He will get the glory either way!
Amen!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those who have been here any length of time @Helen is known. She is the grand lady of God for many of us who have known her here and other places. I have been blessed to know her on many different Christian forums over many years. On this point and that one we have disagreed, but we are friends as well as brother and sister in Christ.

Now she is sick and need of our prayers. Let us hold her up before God. He is able in this and in every situation to accomplish great wonders.

Prayers for Helen, I hope she is doing better now.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Lord and Father, I pray that Helen may know your peace now and always and that she may know your presence and feel your healing power throughout her whole body. In Jesus name - amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have been here any length of time @Helen is known. She is the grand lady of God for many of us who have known her here and other places. I have been blessed to know her on many different Christian forums over many years. On this point and that one we have disagreed, but we are friends as well as brother and sister in Christ.

Now she is sick and need of our prayers. Let us hold her up before God. He is able in this and in every situation to accomplish great wonders.
Praying for her. Thanks for telling us.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologise for being late on this, but prayers for @Helen. Whatever happens either way God will heal her in the end so either way she can't lose. :)

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus

Thank you John for rallying the troops on my behalf , I really needed those prayers.

THANKS you, thank you ...to all you faithful prayers . It means a lot.

As most know , I am almost 79 yrs old , so I have had many health challenges over the years like we all have ...but this one was so very nasty . Probably one of the worst sickness I have had.

The tests showed no serious infection , so that was good ...but it still continued on for a while longer after that.
Coming and going....

...but praise God , for the most part ‘going’ ....hoping for no more ‘coming’!!

My hubby was amazing ...praying and waiting on me hand and foot. I felt guilty , and one night crying saying - “You signed up for -‘Better or worse, ‘ and you sure have had ‘the worst “
He kindly said that it was the least that he could do to help , and that I had waited on him for all our marriage, now it’s turn around .

With this Covid , my heart goes out to all those who have no spouse and have to do this kind of thing alone! I can’t even imagine .....

Anyway , I hope to slowly work my way back to full strength again.

Thank you all once again.

Hope to be seeing you all more regularly now. xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
il_570xN.503164349_hfhv.jpg
etsy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus

Thank you John for rallying the troops on my behalf , I really needed those prayers.

As most know , I am almost 79 yrs old , so I have had many health challenges over the years like we all have ...but this one was so very nasty . Probably one of the worst sickness I have had.

The tests showed no serious infection , so that was good ...but it still continued on for a while longer after that.
Coming and going....

My hubby was amazing ...praying and waiting on me hand and foot. I felt guilty , and one night crying saying - “You signed up for -‘Better or worse, ‘ and you sure have had ‘the worst “
He kindly said that it was the least that he could do to help , and that I had waited on him for all our marriage, now it’s turn around .

With this Covid , my heart goes out to all those who have no spouse and have to do this kind of thing alone! I can’t even imagine .....

hey hey 79....that nine year bonus is just the tip of the iceberg Helen. Do you need an extra hug or something?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

Coming and going....

Dear, dear Helen, so very good to have you here responding for yourself with your report. May God bless you and keep you always...
John/Amadeus

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

Coming and going....

XX

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Lord bless this prayer request for Helen, let you please take away her sickness, and heal and bless her with good health. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
May the Lord of mercy bring comfort and peace to our sister, and may she experience at this time the presence and power of our Lord and Savior, in Jesus name. Ps 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.