Pray i'll overcome my hatred

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because i hate witchraft and the occult so much, and i'm tempted so badly by it....i vehemently hate witches. And i mean so much, it's litteraly gotten to the point i come up with slurs towards pagans and witches. I won't say them, but it would be the equivelant of calling a black person the n word, is the point of them...and it was when it got to that point i realized this has to stop. Please pray i'll be able to repent of this hatred.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because i hate witchraft and the occult so much, and i'm tempted so badly by it....i vehemently hate witches. And i mean so much, it's litteraly gotten to the point i come up with slurs towards pagans and witches. I won't say them, but it would be the equivelant of calling a black person the n word, is the point of them...and it was when it got to that point i realized this has to stop. Please pray i'll be able to repent of this hatred.
How many witches do you know? I never knowingly met one.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many witches do you know? I never knowingly met one.
I have met a couple. I didn't hate them and dated one of them for a while before I was Christian. Witches tend to be afflicted by the evil they're part of. It's sad that they do this and get afflicted, they allow themselves and invite the affliction. So hating them is not well either.

I'll pray for you @Jabre that you see they don't need your hate. They are already afflicted.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem obsessed with this.

Reactions: Pearl

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have met a couple. I didn't hate them and dated one of them for a while before I was Christian. Witches tend to be afflicted by the evil they're part of. It's sad that they do this and get afflicted, they allow themselves and invite the affliction. So hating them is not well either.

I'll pray for you @Jabre that you see they don't need your hate. They are already afflicted.
I've also met one self-professed witch, plus some folks who were into reading Tarot cards, crystals, pyramids and the like. They are just people who have been deceived. Willingly deceived, but deceived.

@Jabre, I hope you see the wisdom in Devin's words. I promise I'll pray for you.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've also met one self-professed witch, plus some folks who were into reading Tarot cards, crystals, pyramids and the like. They are just people who have been deceived. Willingly deceived, but deceived.

@Jabre, I hope you see the wisdom in Devin's words. I promise I'll pray for you.

Hey Lam!
In NY, we have a place called Lillydale. It is a big community of people who practice all you have written above, and probably more. Mack in around 1994 is, several of us women there wanted to drive there and pray all around it. Our pastor did not think it wise, so we did not. Wonder why he did not go for it as we have The Lord as our protection. But, we were younger and on fire so, perhaps he was correct.
:)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lam!
In NY, we have a place called Lillydale. It is a big community of people who practice all you have written above, and probably more. Mack in around 1994 is, several of us women there wanted to drive there and pray all around it. Our pastor did not think it wise, so we did not. Wonder why he did not go for it as we have The Lord as our protection. But, we were younger and on fire so, perhaps he was correct.
An alcoholic does not continue to frequent the bar where he previously did much of his drinking as if he were now immune and could not be tempted to have just one "for old times sake".

God might direct you to go into that bar or to "Lillydale", but before you do it, be sure that it is God directing you.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lam!
Sister, "Lily" (and variations of that) is akin to "Lilith" which is a demonic entity worshiped in the occult. It's not surprising the name of the town.

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, "Lily" (and variations of that) is akin to "Lilith" which is a demonic entity worshiped in the occult. It's not surprising the name of the town.
Stop looking for signs in everything

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop looking for signs in everything
I have no idea what you're talking about. lol
What sign are you referring to?
I'm pretty sure you missed what I was trying to say. I wasn't referring to some "sign."

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Lam!
Our church once formed a ring of prayer around the town hall where a well known medium was holding a meeting. After a while somebody came out of the building and asked them to stop praying as the spirits couldn't get through.

Another instance is when I used to go with my friend to a cafe she liked where they sold crystals and held seances. Each time we visited I would go in the loo and pray for it to be closed down. And it did.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our church once formed a ring of prayer around the town hall where a well known medium was holding a meeting. After a while somebody came out of the building and asked them to stop praying as the spirits couldn't get through.

Another instance is when I used to go with my friend to a cafe she liked where they sold crystals and held seances. Each time we visited I would go in the loo and pray for it to be closed down. And it did.
Wow....How awesome is He! Prayer is a powerful thing!
xx

Reactions: Pearl and TLHKAJ

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do know that and definitely a connection. People have no clue what the darkness the god of this world is doing and how very cleverly also. "Satan comes as an angel of light" and oh, how very cunning and deceiving he is. If folks would actually look into these things more deeply as, there is still much to find about all of the underbelly of society. I would say the huge majority have no clue sister, none.
xoxo

Reactions: Pearl and TLHKAJ

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An alcoholic does not continue to frequent the bar where he previously did much of his drinking as if he were now immune and could not be tempted to have just one "for old times sake".

God might direct you to go into that bar or to "Lillydale", but before you do it, be sure that it is God directing you.

Ditto!

Also @Helen
Didn't you and Dave do this back in the day? Frequent pubs to witness?

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Witchcraft is evil as it comes from Satan....we are told to hate evil as God hates evil...but to love our brothers....hate the sin not the sinner...pray for them.
In Hebrew there is another meaning for hate...God hated Cain but Abel He loved....He hated Esau but Jacob He loved....
So the question arises how can God hate....He is Love...?
By understanding the translation of the Hebrew word in its context doesn't mean hate as emotionally but hate as in disapprove/chosen over another....
Here is a good explanation
When studying the Bible, it is critically important to always study the context of a particular Bible verse or passage. In these instances, the prophet Malachi and the apostle Paul are using the name “Esau” to refer to the Edomites, who were the descendants of Esau. Isaac and Rebekah had two sons, Esau and Jacob. God chose Jacob (whom He later renamed “Israel”) to be the father of His chosen people, the Israelites. God rejected Esau (who was also called “Edom”) and did not choose him to be the father of His chosen people. Esau and his descendants, the Edomites, were in many ways blessed by God (Genesis 33:9; Genesis chapter 36).

So, considering the context, God loving Jacob and hating Esau has nothing to do with the human emotions of love and hate. It has everything to do with God choosing one man and his descendants and rejecting another man and his descendants. God chose Abraham out of all the men in the world. The Bible very well could say, “Abraham I loved, and every other man I hated.” God chose Abraham’s son Isaac instead of Abraham’s son Ishmael. The Bible very well could say, “Isaac I loved, and Ishmael I hated.” Romans chapter 9 makes it abundantly clear that loving Jacob and hating Esau was entirely related to which of them God chose. Hundreds of years after Jacob and Esau had died, the Israelites and Edomites became bitter enemies. The Edomites often aided Israel’s enemies in attacks on Israel. Esau’s descendants brought God’s curse upon themselves. Genesis 27:29 tells Israel, “May nations serve you and peoples bow down to you. Be lord over your brothers, and may the sons of your mother bow down to you. May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed.”

So I will pray for you that God give you clarification and peace about your hatred towards evil. I assure you it's not evil to hate witchcraft and the manifestation of it through people.....it is wrong to hate people if it is an emotional and prejudice hate that is in your heart.

God Bless and keep seeking His truth.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Always for those who trust the Lord is to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross' (Hebrews 12.2).

When we do so, the experience of the hymn-writer may come about:

'...and the things of earth will grow strangely dim / In the light of His glory and grace'.