Prayer for President Trump whether agree or disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
since we're on the subject note how we assume Two Sides here, right, Independent et al are functionally irrelevant iow lol, we are talking straight Hegelian Dialectic ok, a winner, and a loser, and there are no shades in between?

NO! None that have any hope of winning...the die is already cast.
"Times and seasons" of God. It is the quiet before the storm.
keep you knapsack handy.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mandrakes are in Scripture, but see you don't even know what that means wadr,
give me some of your mandrakes
why?

Only time used in the Bible. A narcotic.

Genesis 30:14-16 New International Version (NIV)
14 During wheat harvest, Reuben went out into the fields and found some mandrake plants, which he brought to his mother Leah. Rachel said to Leah, “Please give me some of your son’s mandrakes.”

15 But she said to her, “Wasn’t it enough that you took away my husband? Will you take my son’s mandrakes too?”

“Very well,” Rachel said, “he can sleep with you tonight in return for your son’s mandrakes.”

16 So when Jacob came in from the fields that evening, Leah went out to meet him. “You must sleep with me,” she said. “I have hired you with my son’s mandrakes.” So he slept with her that night.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha I dunno, I manage to get both "sides" against me pretty regular lol, and since we're on the subject note how we assume Two Sides here, right, Independent et al are functionally irrelevant iow lol, we are talking straight Hegelian Dialectic ok, a winner, and a loser, and there are no shades in between?

While there are elected independence have all levels of government. I am an independent and was elected twice.

The biggest block of voters is the independent. Don't get their vote you don't get elected.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not want us to withdraw from the world, but fight to change it.

God set me apart from the world. I am of His kingdom. This earth will pass away. I am called to be a light to share Christ with others in the world. Not live by the sword. I do my battles on my knees. And if there is something God wants me to do He will let me know.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You love to be disruptive and confusing.
Leave the world strikes me as pretty disruptive wadr
Sadly I have seen too many of your kind over the years.
your Republic is melting, and your congregations are in tatters.
So try to sound the intellectual all you wish but I understand you are a Mischief maker.
ty, I appreciate the compliment, and sorry if "leave the world and you don't have to pick a side at all" comes across as overly intellectual to you, I certainly understand ok. This is why it is said "Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other."
have a nice day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if I testify of myself, my testimony is invalid
wadr it is the world that is passing away, not the earth

if you ever try to go and buy some land you will see the joke there wadr, it's like Federal Reserve
a soothing slogan iow

The world will too, but here is one that talks of the earth passing away.

For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
Matthew 5:18 NASB

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what Christ meant by hating your life and family is compared to our love for Him. He teaches us to love our neighbor, so He doesn't really want us to hate ourselves or our family. He wants is to love Him more. It isn't do I love "Trump or Jesus" as someone tried to make me choose an answer too. That answer is hands down. God is my master. But we are to pray for our leaders and not judge/condemn them. It takes guts to even stand up against what others think is right/wrong. Compromise for me would be voting for someone who is pro choice over someone who I may not comfortably vote for.

He was talking to Jewish people who were resting back on their ‘chosen’ status, which he referred to as hating their parents [tradition]

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God set me apart from the world. I am of His kingdom. This earth will pass away. I am called to be a light to share Christ with others in the world. Not live by the sword. I do my battles on my knees. And if there is something God wants me to do He will let me know.

We are in this world but not of this world. Strangers in a strange land.

We cannot be like monks who hide from the world spend all the time in contemplation and prayer.

Christ most assuredly was not of this world but he was out in the world working. Same with the apostles and every other saint who is lived.

Look what happened when Jonah tried to run away from the world.

The Bible clear the Saints have been in every walk of life and God blessed them for.

It is not easy. It is frustrating.

I am ready to go home after all these decades.

There is no such thing as prayer warriors in the Bible, meaning those who just pray and do nothing else.

I read your words but I also see you on this forum discussing issues.

Hang in there, it will be grand in the future.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are in this world but not of this world. Strangers in a strange land.

We cannot be like monks who hide from the world spend all the time in contemplation and prayer.

Christ most assuredly was not of this world but he was out in the world working. Same with the apostles and every other saint who is lived.

Look what happened when Jonah tried to run away from the world.

The Bible clear the Saints have been in every walk of life and God blessed them for.

It is not easy. It is frustrating.

I am ready to go home after all these decades.

There is no such thing as prayer warriors in the Bible, meaning those who just pray and do nothing else.

I read your words but I also see you on this forum discussing issues.

Hang in there, it will be grand in the future.

Oh yeh. I think we have to go by our conscience. I don't think choosing not to vote is isolating from the world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God does not want us to withdraw from the world, but fight to change it."

both of these sentiments go directly against Scripture, but I don't even blame you CI.
One can read their own Bibles and find leave the world, or not
and cannot find "fight the devil" nor "fight evil," or can
it's entirely up to you ok

and ps I didn't say withdraw, I said leave, and the difference is clearly outlined in Scripture too

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

The flesh of Jesus was still walking around on planet Earth, so he was not speaking of that, was he?

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3

Jesus prepares a place for us as well. I would say it is also not referring to our physical presence, or the lack thereof, on planet Earth.

Reactions: bbyrd009