Prayer to take my medicine as prescribed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am requesting prayers for an issue that I’m dealing with. Namely, I have not been taking my prescription medication as prescribed. Things are a bit out of hand, but it’s still important to get back in the routine of taking one pill daily to prevent consuming increasingly more and more (it’s a severe problem at that point).

I get ADD pills prescribed, having received them regularly each month since childhood. Honestly, I don’t think there is such a thing as ADD. When you read the description of what constitutes ADD, it basically describes the profile of a person with below-average intelligence. Basically, anyone whose IQ falls below 95 can be considered ADD, and that is like half of all people. Pharmaceutical companies make a lot of money selling prescription speed and methylphenidate to kids and adults, students and professionals, and all sorts of people who could use a cognitive boost. The “disorder” is conducive for big pharma business.

I do have a traumatic brain injury. At age one and a half, I was dropped on the front of my head by an incompetent babysitter, causing severe bleeding and life-long brain problems. My functional MRI showed a lot of hypo-activity in an area called the dorsal lateral prefrontal cortex, which is exactly where I was hit. Consequently, I’m very lackadaisical and unmotivated; I have an exceedingly hard time initiating basic tasks. I supposed this makes me “ADD,” for lack of a better term. And yeah, the medicine makes it a whole lot better.

Sometimes I take more than one ADD pill because I like the effects, and I have been doing it every day recently for the last 4 or 5 days. But really, I shouldn’t be doing this. It is abuse of pills. True, it’s not like I’m taking 4 or 5 at a time, but even one extra pill is abuse nonetheless.

Please pray to God and ask him to work in my mind, heart, and spirit so that I take only one pill a day. Please also pray to God and ask him to work in my mind, heart, and spirit so that I can stay off the ADD pills (starting tomorrow morning) for at least two or possibly three weeks, enabling tolerance to go down and reduce the chance of repeating the same thing.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am requesting prayers for an issue that I’m dealing with. Namely, I have not been taking my prescription medication as prescribed. Things are a bit out of hand, but it’s still important to get back in the routine of taking one pill daily to prevent consuming increasingly more and more (it’s a severe problem at that point).

I get ADD pills prescribed, having received them regularly each month since childhood. Honestly, I don’t think there is such a thing as ADD. When you read the description of what constitutes ADD, it basically describes the profile of a person with below-average intelligence. Basically, anyone whose IQ falls below 95 can be considered ADD, and that is like half of all people. Pharmaceutical companies make a lot of money selling prescription speed and methylphenidate to kids and adults, students and professionals, and all sorts of people who could use a cognitive boost. The “disorder” is conducive for big pharma business.

I do have a traumatic brain injury. At age one and a half, I was dropped on the front of my head by an incompetent babysitter, causing severe bleeding and life-long brain problems. My functional MRI showed a lot of hypo-activity in an area called the dorsal lateral prefrontal cortex, which is exactly where I was hit. Consequently, I’m very lackadaisical and unmotivated; I have an exceedingly hard time initiating basic tasks. I supposed this makes me “ADD,” for lack of a better term. And yeah, the medicine makes it a whole lot better.

Sometimes I take more than one ADD pill because I like the effects, and I have been doing it every day recently for the last 4 or 5 days. But really, I shouldn’t be doing this. It is abuse of pills. True, it’s not like I’m taking 4 or 5 at a time, but even one extra pill is abuse nonetheless.

Please pray to God and ask him to work in my mind, heart, and spirit so that I take only one pill a day. Please also pray to God and ask him to work in my mind, heart, and spirit so that I can stay off the ADD pills (starting tomorrow morning) for at least two or possibly three weeks, enabling tolerance to go down and reduce the chance of repeating the same thing.
Hello Saint,
Maybe bringing your tolerance down would be better done in increments? Coming off of these drugs cold turkey, I'm sure you know is not a good thing.

I pray for you along with one brother who is and has been taking Oxycontin for almost 20 years. Funny, right now I'm watching a series titled "PainKiller" all based on truth. These Pharm. co's. are way out of line and disgustingly greedy. They are no different than peddlers on the street corner, worse IMHO. And, oxy has been around for a much longer time than most realize...since the 70's! Just under a different name.
May The Lord give you strength and self control.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Saint,
Maybe bringing your tolerance down would be better done in increments? Coming off of these drugs cold turkey, I'm sure you know is not a good thing.

I pray for you along with one brother who is and has been taking Oxycontin for almost 20 years. Funny, right now I'm watching a series titled "PainKiller" all based on truth. These Pharm. co's. are way out of line and disgustingly greedy. They are no different than peddlers on the street corner, worse IMHO. And, oxy has been around for a much longer time than most realize...since the 70's! Just under a different name.
May The Lord give you strength and self control.
The big pharma dont care about you , about me or about anyone . just about making the green backs .
BUT WE GOT THE GLORIOUS LORD sister . i just pray many come to CHRIST before its too late .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The big pharma dont care about you , about me or about anyone . just about making the green backs .
BUT WE GOT THE GLORIOUS LORD sister . i just pray many come to CHRIST before its too late .
Same here brother, that is the concern of me and my family members. Too many nieces and nephews are deep into worldly ways but then again, 7 of them were raised Catholic and have no clue because their mother and grandmother were way into it like, Wednesday night rosary, every week for years. Drove my brother nuts. But then, he DID marry who he was NOT equally yoked together with Christ. He was young back then and in his own carnal mind thought that he himself could turn her toward truth...well it backfired as that can NOT be done through flesh.
They all are in our constant prayers! Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying that God help you accomplish His purpose for you in this.

Reactions: Pearl

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have taken my prescription medication properly for the past two days now. A miracle has happened. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

I should probably go without it for a week or two to let the tolerance reset. Maybe I’ll try doing this tomorrow.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seek the " breaker anointing"
Go after it.
Pursue it.
Then break that thing off of you.
Settle for no less than complete wholeness.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have taken my prescription medication properly for the past two days now. A miracle has happened. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

I should probably go without it for a week or two to let the tolerance reset. Maybe I’ll try doing this tomorrow.
That doesn't sound right to me. Prayers then.

Reactions: amadeus

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps find someone you trust and have him or her be the keeper of the pills to ensure you aren't taking more than the prescribed dose? I had to fulfill that role at one time and it worked very well.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Just know that if you are in Christ then everything within you is also in Christ.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just know that if you are in Christ then everything within you is also in Christ.
A couple of years ago I got covid. It was the real bad one where you can't even get out of bed. I lost 21 pounds and wondered will I ever get better.
I had more than one person pray for me and my wife was praying for me to get better. One morning I was praying that same old prayer of seeking healing.
The Holy Spirit stopped me and said" no ,you need Deliverance".
So I went after the devil and I cast that thing down and I was better the same day. And I began a supernatural time of healing and restoration. Every single day I was better and better and better and better.
So many times we've been taught wrong. Instead of praying to God for healing, cast out the enemy causing the sickness, and healing comes natural.(I do realize in James we get the elders to pray for healing)

I kind of see what you're saying ; "everything within you is in Christ".
But that is far far from the truth.
We have an enemy the devil. I noticed in this thread ,correct me if I'm wrong, that nobody is addressing the source of sickness which is the devil.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have an enemy the devil. I noticed in this thread ,correct me if I'm wrong, that nobody is addressing the source of sickness which is the devil.
Yes we do and this enemy will try to get at us even though we are in Christ. When he finds we have our armour on he attacks our kids.

But about being in Christ: if, for example, we say a bible is Christ - just for an illustrative purpose - then we put an envelope symbolising me in the pages of the bible and close it up, then everywhere that bible goes the envelope - me - goes too and if I put a banknote in the envelope to symbolise my inner body that that is in Christ too.

Reactions: rebuilder 454

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we do and this enemy will try to get at us even though we are in Christ. When he finds we have our armour on he attacks our kids.

But about being in Christ: if, for example, we say a bible is Christ - just for an illustrative purpose - then we put an envelope symbolising me in the pages of the bible and close it up, then everywhere that bible goes the envelope - me - goes too and if I put a banknote in the envelope to symbolise my inner body that that is in Christ too.
Sounds good and awesome at the same time

Reactions: Pearl