Prayers for New Zealand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late to add to this subject. I believe Angelina is from North of Auckland. I think near Whangarei. Could have had more severe flooding?

I though at one time she was from around New Plymouth - much more South of Auckland. If from the North country she may be quite busy....
Yes! Remembering @Angelina and New Zealand in prayer!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late to add to this subject. I believe Angelina is from North of Auckland. I think near Whangarei. Could have had more severe flooding?

I though at one time she was from around New Plymouth - much more South of Auckland. If from the North country she may be quite busy....
Thank you APAK!!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way those tropical bands are circulating is bound to make things tough on the north island. Keeping all in prayer!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a very dangerous and destructive tropical cyclone. Prayers for the whole island.

Ah Rocky, the weather in NZ may have started off as a cyclone in the Coral Sea near the Solomon Islands. In the tradition of giving cyclones name it was called Tropical Cyclone Gabrielle, but this weather system no longer fits into the parameters of a cyclone, but has developed into a very deep low-pressure system associated with the Southern Ocean low pressure systems that develop in the Roaring 40's trade winds.

NZ is in the low latitudes and experiences many of these low-pressure systems as they move eastwards across NZ.

NZ also has an unstable geological make up with the earth's crust folded like a tablecloth where it is pushed together on the table. It is subject to many landslides triggered by water and the typical teaspoon shape is observable in the landslides presented on the TV new reports. The flooding along the coastlines in low lying areas is due to the wind forcing more water against the shore than is normally experienced and the seas levels can rise up many feet/cms, to flood these low-lying areas.

Now which island should we pray for as NZ is made up of two main islands separated by Cook Straight with many smaller islands on the eastern side of the main islands.

Here is the weather map for today: -=

1676325855164.png

Notice the deeper low-pressure system below Australia that will influence the NZ weather in a few days' time. This Deep low-pressure system has not been named because of its low impact on people. Only mad Englishmen/yachties would venture out into the Southern Ocean in these latitudes.

And here is the reported rain patterns for NZ at the present time: -1676326162666.png

Notice that the main rain falling in NZ is around Wellington with little rain near Auckland.

In Australia we were warned of a potential cyclone forming in the Gulf of Carpentaria in the last couple of days, but the low- and high-pressure systems which are necessary to form a cyclone where not present for that to happen.

Rocky, it is good to pray for areas where the weather may be impacting on nations, but the sound bites we hear on our TV's do not present a realistic understanding, that we can base meaningful prayer on. The Drought in the USA should be on the hearts of many people because of the potential impact that this will have the people being impacted by the drought.

Cyclones/low-pressure/weather systems are part of God's tools to remove unsafe trees and houses in their paths to bring about regeneration in the landscape and in the people if they have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sincere thoughts and prayers as this was a terrible ordeal…

Reactions: dev553344

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
my cousin cannot get hold of her mum and dad but I believe the power is out. They live in Napier ( Tamatea )
Where does Angelina live ?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There now has been an earthquake in NZ.

NZ is often referred to as the Land of the Long White Cloud or the Shaky Isles.

Has anyone considered that the weather patterns across Australia and New Zealand during the past six to twelve months has not fitted into the "normal" seasonal weather patterns that is experienced in these two countries.

Prayer just for NZ is great, but there are many countries that are being impacted with unusual weather patterns where prayer for those countries is also needed.

Perhaps what is on display around the world is that man has little to no effect or control of the weather and that God is the only one in control of what is happening on this "lonely planet."

Perhaps there is a need for the Christians of this world to humble themselves and repent of our turning away from God and our idolatrous worship of our sacred idols, called self-interests that we use to control the environment of where we are living. If we just did these things and acted God like, then our lives would be better, and we would become content in our riches.

At the moment we are living during the period of the cares of the earth/world. Because of our fears and concerns we are choking out the God that we claim that we worship with all of our hearts.

Reactions: Rita

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Rita, I am in the Coromandel Bay of Plenty area. We got through okay. Just some seriously heavy rain and wind in my area but not flooded because we are not in low lying land. No trees down on my property this time. We also have some earthquakes again....more rain and thunderstorms coming. Not Gabrielle, as that angelic being has moved on. My internet is still down, only have phone. Keep praying for our island folks if you are moved to do so. .. There is power in prayer!

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita, I am in the Coromandel Bay of Plenty area. We got through okay. Just some seriously heavy rain and wind in my area but not flooded because we are not in low lying land. No trees down on my property this time. We also have some earthquakes again....more rain and thunderstorms coming. Not Gabrielle, as that angelic being has moved on. My internet is still down, only have phone. Keep praying for our island folks if you are moved to do so. .. There is power in prayer!
Hi Angelina, good to hear from you, we will keep you all in our prayers.:)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks folks @Rita, Napier and Hastings (towns next to each other are cut off. 6 bridges into the towns are unpassable. The phone connections are patchy and they have no power which could take weeks to restore. The top part of the Coromandel are also cut off. No access into those areas Power also going to take some time to connect. The defence forces are moving into those isolated areas (including the Hawkes Bay) with much needed food, water assistance and .supplies. people are still being rescued.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Angelina …..my Aunty and uncle are elderly, not sure where their daughter lives but must be somewhere safer as she still has power. I can only communicate with her through Facebook.
Pleased you are ok xxxxx