Prayers for New Zealand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a powerful typhoon moving in on New Zealand. Lets pray that she continues north.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have a powerful cyclone moving in on New Zealand. Lets pray that she continues north.

How about Norfolk Island which the cyclone is expected to pass right over before it even starts to reach NZ.

praying for Angelina and New Zealand xx
my Aunty, Uncles and cousin live there

It's great to pray for the people in NZ but the cyclone will be downgraded before it reaches there.

Here is a news item about Norfolk Island.

Norfolk Island is a small island with around 800-1000 people living there. Oh well.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info Jay x

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Norfolk Island which the cyclone is expected to pass right over before it even starts to reach NZ.

It's great to pray for the people in NZ but the cyclone will be downgraded before it reaches there.

Here is a news item about Norfolk Island.

Norfolk Island is a small island with around 800-1000 people living there. Oh well.
Yes it is predicted to slow down. If you read my post you would know that New Zealand has had recent terrible flooding. As the cyclone will slow down it will unleash a tremendous amount of more rain on New Zealand further devistating the recently flooded areas.

Reactions: Lost Witness

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been wondering about her and haven't noticed her on here for a while. Maybe I just haven't been on at the same times though.
It's 7:02 A.M. there now, she might have been at work as she works the night shift, I do not know where in NZ she is and praying she is fine.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The power of a cyclone can change as it moves south into colder waters. It was a category 3 cyclone but overnight it became a category 2 and lost a lot of its power.

It seems that Norfolk Island was spared last night as the cyclone passed over the island.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The power of a cyclone can change as it moves south into colder waters. It was a category 3 cyclone but overnight it became a category 2 and lost a lot of its power.

It seems that Norfolk Island was spared last night as the cyclone passed over the island.
Is that another tropical cyclone coming in on the northwest side of Australia?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is that another tropical cyclone coming in on the northwest side of Australia?

This is the Gov Weather agency. http://www.bom.gov.au/index.php.

The link shows no potential cyclone at the moment in the monsoon trough. What has been happening this year is that the monsoon trough has gone further south and bringing summer rain to the southern areas of NSW and VIC. Their rain seasons is typically a winter rain season and being drier in summer.

The low pressure system/cyclone? west of Australia is going west away from Australia.

The link you provided are probably prediction models that show where the winds are and are indicative as such.

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read this posted today... "The angel turned out to be a brother in Christ who breezed on with tools, lifted the carpet so the floor could dry. Widespread damage to power grid, army setting up evacuation centres."

Keeping this situation in prayer!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The line that determines how far south a cyclone will go as determined by the insurance companies for sailing boats, on the east coast of Australia, is that the cruising boats need to be berthed in the port of Burnett Heads or be further south during the cyclone season.

The Australian Weather forecasting agency predicted that there would be up to five cyclones that will affect Queensland this cyclone season. So far, my observations of the weather patterns, would suggest that there will be very few cyclones that will affect the east coast of Australia.

The American Weather channel is beating up a story about heavy rain in NZ where falling rain is usually only a heavy mist.

In Queensland heavy rain usually means that the rain droplets are up to the size of golf balls and falls of up to 200 mm, can occur in under an hour.

• Wow
Reactions: Nancy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers for our brothers and sisters in NZ and Norfolk Island.
Angelina, let us know you are okay sister..xx
Late to add to this subject. I believe Angelina is from North of Auckland. I think near Whangarei. Could have had more severe flooding?

I though at one time she was from around New Plymouth - much more South of Auckland. If from the North country she may be quite busy....