Pre-Destination Or Free Will ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Passive aggressive much?
We're so unfriendly you know, sticking to Scripture, giving God all the glory, refuting heresy, not giving man any glory in salvation. We'd be so much more friendly if we compromised, talked of human ability, glorified self.

I think that I'll stick with being called unfriendly, among other names, and take this small suffering from others for preaching the truth to Soli Deo Gloria.

Notice @"ByGrace" had nothing to argue biblically, took no stand biblically, won't support anything biblically said, but only rushed in to condemn and ridicule?

But we're unfriendly. Hmmmm.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Come to Jesus by your own free will by faith!"

"Wait, faith comes from God alone!"

"OK! Well just come in your own free will then!"

"For what, they don't believe, why would they come?"

"Because they're able to!"

"But Scripture says how will they call upon him in whom they don't believe?"

"Stop with all this theology stuff! All they have to do is believe and then come in free will!"

"But belief, faith, comes from God. Why is it then, they come to God? It's because they believe, which was granted by God."

"Leave God out of this! We did it by free will, stop giving him all the credit!"

jyoung.gif

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're so unfriendly you know, sticking to Scripture, giving God all the glory, refuting heresy, not giving man any glory in salvation. We'd be so much more friendly if we compromised, talked of human ability, glorified self.

I think that I'll stick with being called unfriendly, among other names, and take this small suffering from others for preaching the truth to Soli Deo Gloria.

Notice @"ByGrace" had nothing to argue biblically, took no stand biblically, won't support anything biblically said, but only rushed in to condemn and ridicule?

But we're unfriendly. Hmmmm.

Notice how @marks has yet to address my question I asked him about the cross actually saving ppl?

Where I come from, that's a...

tumblr_p7xpjyfJG31u3wz0mo1_400.gif

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how @marks has yet to address my question I asked him about the cross actually saving ppl?

Where I come from, that's a...

tumblr_p7xpjyfJG31u3wz0mo1_400.gif

Well, his friend @"ByGrace" told him we're unfriendly, so now he has a false cop-out excuse. She brought nothing biblical, just sowed some discord and division; Romans 16:17.

Like I told you, the reason he won't answer is that he's in checkmate. But he won't let the fact his teaching is unbiblical stop him.

Some teach against the truth in ignorance, others flagrantly. I'd say his position is bordering on the latter.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said unconditional election vilifies God.

His mockery of God still amazes me. No fear of God whatsoever. Why would any person have a healthy and biblical fear of God when he's presented as a pushover whom any person can approach in their own ability at any time?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's what the word says, that's what it means, and that's how it is used. Word substitution is not, to me, a valid method of Biblical interpretation.

But that is what the translators of our English Bibles have done in many cases in the translation process. So to substitute another more appropriate word or phrase to provide a closer translation of the source language texts is then not allowed or accepted by you?

It reminds me of the Movie where one of the actors said, "You do not want the truth, you do not need the truth."

Shalom