Preaching the Gospel !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Savedbygrace, you love quotes, they dont make you any smarter, but I do appreciate your efforts, you just cant see the forest throught the trees. Jesus never dies to give us the bible, neither did the bible ever replace Jesus, man has put the written word on a higher pedestal then the spoken word, before Jesus went to the cross, He told the disciples how God was going to send them the Holy Spirirt and He was going to teach them and lead them into the truth, He seemingly was enough for the disciples but for us unspiritual people, no, we had to have a book. The pharisees had the torah just like the bible it told them of jesus and , when He came they didnt recognize Him ,for all their intelect and head knowledege they couldnt see their saviour, its the same today, the bible tells you of Jesus, then you are supposed to go to Him, a child must eventually stop drinking from its bottle and start eating solids, but christains never get past the bottle stage, they wont grow up, Just like the israelites they are afraid to leave egypt, because in egypt they are comfortable , get told what to do, get fed nice food that doesnt upset the stomach, and the a have friends all around, to come out of egypt means one must have faith, one must become reliant on God and truth, one may have to be alone for a time, one may even have to suffer persecution, oh no, even maybe go ot the cross, give up their lives and their dreams to serve God. Its a hard thing but if you want Jesus now, its the price we pay. You know the bible well, but just be carefull, that one day when Jesus is standing their in front of you, that you dont have it up between you and Him then you may miss your visitation.in His LovePS I dont believe your version of the gospel just the true one. And the bible isnt the gospel its the bible, but it does contain the gospel.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
eph 5: 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; It cant be no plainer than this, That scripture tells us who Christ particularly Loved and whom He gave [ His life] Himself for.. He died for the church, the ekklessia..when Paul wrote in 1 cor 15: 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; Paul here was not speaking of every human being, but of His church, his body.. for His church and body are the same.. col 1: 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Notice, he endures afflictions for Christ body sake, the church, and it is for those of the body who are yet unconverted.. Just because an elect or a member of Christ body is born in sin, dead spiritually, enemies of God in their natural minds..this doesn't mean they are not of His body, the church.. The church whom Christ Loved and gave Himself for, is that same entity he is said to have come and to seek and to save that [it] which was Lost lk 19: 10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. The That in this verse, is the same as the it in eph 5: eph 5: 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;The reason why Jesus Christ gave Himself for the church is twofold: #1. vs 26 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, For the purpose of its being sanctified, and cleansed with the washing of the Word.. The church needs to be sanctified and cleansed because its sinful by nature, all its members are by nature children of wrath [ not the devils children] by nature. She is Sanctified by the Holy Ghost, and washed in the Truth of the Gospel..The same order as in 2 thess 2: 13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: So thats one why Jesus Christ gave himself for the church ! #2.vs 27 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. That He may perfect Her..Not they themselves, but thats His Goal through His giving himself for Her..to bring her to perfection without blemish before the Throne of His Father.. The writer in Hebrews says: heb 10: 14For by one offering he [Jesus Christ] hath perfected for ever them[The church] that are sanctified. The church has a Triune sanctification..by the Father in her election Jude 1: 1Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: By the Son Heb 13: Wherefore Jesus also, that he [The Son] might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. And of course the holy Ghost 2 thess 2: 13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth. This is the purpose for Jesus Christ giving himself for the church, the called out ones, not the whole world of men, to include the devils seed, but to His body, the church, bone of His bone and flesh of his flesh.. Thats the gospel

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.In His Love

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
mjrhealth;73075 said:
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. In His Love
All Men Here means all the elect, all them that sinned in Adam..but the seed of the serpent did not sin in adam. They sinned in their Father the devil..

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Jesus Christ gave His Life for the church, because it was His body.. Notice how Paul speaks this Mystery: eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body. The church, body, wife are all the same.. The church is the Lambs wife rev 21 9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. So Jesus can be said to be the Saviour of His wife.. Because though sinful, she was bone of His bone and flesh of His flesh..eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. This is because we [ the elect] were chosen in Him, Just as eve was chosen in Adam.. Jesus objective for coming into the World and partaking of flesh and blood was to save His own body, His own flesh and bone.. heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children [or bride/wife] are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; As Paul states: eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: Hence, The church that sinned in Adam was His own flesh..that is members of His body.. Now this of course excludes the serpent and his seed..for the devil was never bone of bone and flesh of flesh of Jesus Christ.. For Jesus Christ is of a entirely different seed gen 3: 14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. So Jesus Christ wife comes from the seed of the women, and not from the serpents seed.. This of course means He did not give himself for that portion of mankind that belongs to the serpents seed..for that is not His wife, His bride.. He doesn't Love, nourish and cherish the devil and his children..

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
eph 3:6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:The Gospel Promises has always only been for a certain people, and not for all the world as in individuals, but it was now being manifested that it was for all the world geographically..in other words, the certain people for whom the gospel promises are for, did not just reside in the land of Israel, but that the seed of Abraham's was world wide and included the gentiles..Thats why it was written by Paul about Abraham that God preached the Gospel to Him by saying:gal 3:8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen[gentiles] through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.hence Abraham's expectation was not merely a plot of land as His Canaan of promise, but the world..rom 4 1313For the promise, that he[ Abraham] should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law ,[National Israel] but through the righteousness of faith. This is pretty plain, that the Gospel promises to Abraham was not to His seed through the Law, meaning that earthly people that was delivered out of Egypt and given the Law Covenant at Sinai..But through the righteousness of Faith, that perceived righteousness by the obedience of the One coming, Jesus Christ ..Now back in my text it reads that the gentiles were partakers of the same promises..Which promises of the Gospel were grounded in the New Covenant to who ? To all the world ? No..The New Covenant promises of the Gospel were never for all the world [ as individuals] but for a specific people, the House of Israel..Lets look as jer 31:31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Now, where is the Promise to all individuals in the world in this promise ? Its not..but to a distinct people..the House of Judah and Israel which are the same, for Judah was Israels Son..32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. These Gospel Promises of the new Covenant to the seed of Abraham [ spiritual] are the many I Will's and they shall's of God toward this certain people..Lets look at them:vs 33..He will put His Laws in their hearts and inward parts [ new birth promised see titus 3 :5-6]He will be their God..This in itself makes their lives secure from the womb..And they shall be my people..that is by faith they will be manifested as the children of God..gal 3:26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. This shows that faith in Christ is the result of Gods promise of the New Covenant [ and they shall be my people]vs 34..Spiritually knowledge is ensured and not depended on man, for all of this certain people will know God..and there will not be any respect of persons, but from the least of this people to the greatest will be blessed with this Spiritual understanding..1 jn 5:2020And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us [Spiritual Israel] an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Another promise is the forgiveness of sins, and the knowledge of it..And their sins and iniquities will He remember no more..And why is that ? because of the blood of the New Covenant matt 26:28For this is my blood of the new testament [covenant], which is shed for many for the remission of sins.The Many would be the House of Israel, jer 31 :31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Now here is the Mystery revealed, that the House of Israel was not only comprised of ethnic Jews who were of the election of grace, but also gentiles too who were of the election of grace, who were not of the ethnic nation of Israel..But nevertheless they were partakers of the same promises of the Gospel as the elect ethnic Jew's were..eph 3:6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:Notice that gentiles should be of the same body..What same body ? Why that body of People to whom the New Covenant promises were Made..which was jer 31:31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: The word house here is the Hebrew word:tyb and has the meaning of " Those belonging to the same household..So you see, it was a secret not yet revealed clearly, that the gentiles were of the same household, the same body of the House of Israel to whom the New covenant promises had been made..in jer 31: 31So even though the Gospel promises never varied in that they were for a distinct people [ House of Israel] yet it was brought to light that , that distinct people was comprised of peoples all over the World..the gentiles..The Gospel of New Covenant salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ was never for all the World of men, unless we are talking about scope, but not as individuals, because all individuals don't belong to the House of Israel..else God would have never made this distinct people separated from all other peoples in the world..This is a Gospel Truth that Paul Preached.. __________________

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Paul said that he preached the Gospel of the grace of God per acts 20: 24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Yes, The elect are saved by Grace eph 2: 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Note that in both scriptures, Paul writes that the elect are saved by Grace and not by Faith Many have corrupted salvation by Grace, by taking the reference to Faith in vs 8 and making it a condition of grace and salvation..but that is grave and serious error.. Eph 2 5 and 2 8 are the same truth, except vs 8 adds expansion to the definition or meaning of being saved by Grace. That is, that Faith is inclusive in the Truth of being saved by Grace. The Gift of God is salvation by grace through faith.. The Faith and the Grace are the gift of God..Together they package salvation by grace through Faith.. The Faith is included in that it is the receptive valve and the realization of the salvation we have in and through Jesus Christ.. rom 5 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. So Grace furnishes the Faith to believe, as it is written, that the elect believe by Grace acts 18: 27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace: So in essence, being saved by grace per eph 2 5 is inclusive of being saved by Grace through Faith eph 2 8..It [ salvation by grace through faith] is the Gift of God..