Present-Day "Dreams And Visions"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But occasionally, I have a dream that is clearly from the Spirit. Sometimes, the Spirit gives me an interpretation, and sometimes He doesn't immediately, so I wait on Him to show me. I don't force it. Sometimes He gives me an interpretation for someone else's dream. When He does this, the interpretation tends to come as the person tells me the dream. Again, I don't try to force it. If it's there, it's there. If not, that's okay.

Exactly. Now I sometimes have had to pray more in earnest for the interpretation of a dream that I've had, and only after that was it finally revealed to me. But sometimes you can pray more earnestly and the interpretation still doesn't come. When that happens, it means there's a reason, one of which is that sometimes dreams can be time-released, and the meaning of the dream won't become clear until weeks or even months later. There are those I interpret for that sometimes have those types of dreams. They don't open up to either one of us until many months later. So you always have to just let God be God.

Same thing with the major published prophetic dreams as well. You can read right through something and think you get it, only to come back later and realize what was being said actually went right over your head, LoL.

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Now I sometimes have had to pray more in earnest for the interpretation of a dream that I've had, and only after that was it finally revealed to me. But sometimes you can pray more earnestly and the interpretation still doesn't come. When that happens, it means there's a reason, one of which is that sometimes dreams can be time-released, and the meaning of the dream won't become clear until weeks or even months later. There are those I interpret for that sometimes have those types of dreams. They don't open up to either one of us until many months later. So you always have to just let God be God.

Same thing with the major published prophetic dreams as well. You can read right through something and think you get it, only to come back later and realize what was being said actually went right over you head, LoL.
Yeah, I had a strange dream about a month or so ago that I KNOW was from the Holy Spirit, but I haven't received an interpretation. It had a bunch of birds and a bear in it. Very strange. I think that every animal represents something, but I don't know what.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I had a strange dream about a month or so ago that I KNOW was prophetic, but I haven't received an interpretation. It had a bunch of birds and a bear in it. Very strange. I think that every animal represents something, but I don't know what.

You get a witness, a feeling, that something is by no means a normal dream. And not just because of the strange content, but because of the effect it has on you. Also sometimes because it comes completely out of left field and has absolutely nothing to do with anything you've been thinking about lately.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You get a witness, a feeling, that something is by no means a normal dream. And not just because of the strange content, but because of the effect it has on you. Also sometimes because it comes completely out of left field and has absolutely nothing to do with anything you've been thinking about lately.

Yeah, I usually feel kind of weird all day when I have one of these dreams, and they are so vivid. I don't forget them. When I had been a Christian for a couple of years, I had a Spirit-filled dream about my parents who were not saved. I had been weeping and crying out to the Lord to save them, and this is what I was doing in the dream. The Lord stopped the dream like turning off a TV and said, "You don't have to cry anymore. Your parents will be saved."

I prayed for my dad for 40 years before I got to pray with him to be saved. He was in the hospital after having a massive stroke. Jesus had told me that he had prepared the way for me as my family drove to Texas to be with my dad. My mom took longer, but I believe she was saved on her death bed.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those who believe in the possibility of receiving dreams and visions from the Lord, and who either have in the past and/or desire to again in the future, I learned something yesterday that I thought might be helpful to share.

I used to interpret quite regularly on CF a few years ago, but I eventually had to stop. The reason was because, while some dreams proved to be genuinely from the Lord and accurate, many were proving to be clearly not from the Lord. I wondered about this at the time because they were coming from true Christians, and I was at a loss to know why some were receiving genuinely inspired dreams while others were not.

Well, the Lord showed me why yesterday. For some reason, I just felt led to google "End-Time Visions and Dreams - Youtube." I thought I might get a few things. What ended up popping up were dozens upon dozens, upon dozens, upon dozens upon DOZENS of Youtube videos going by this title, and it took very little time to discern that few were truly inspired, despite again coming from people who appeared to be genuine believers.

Then it hit me. The reason this is happening is quite simple:

Joel 2:28-29 reads as follows:
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

The order here is imperative: He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh (from the very old to the very young) and then they will prophesy, dream dreams, and see visions. This is the key to receiving genuine visions and dreams: Abiding in the Presence of God such that the Spirit is poured out upon you.

Those I know of who have received very powerful visions and dreams in the last few decades have all been people who were seriously devoted to God, had very strong prayer lives, and spent a great deal of time in His presence. The problem with most Christians today, however, is they do not have strong prayer lives and are not spending quality time in His Presence. The result is that when they do receive dreams, these dreams are not truly from God but simply being generated by their flesh.

Now these words are not a condemnation of anyone. My wife and I have both received dreams that proved to be unquestionably from the Lord, and unquestionably accurate. Yet at other times I have received dreams that I had my doubts about, and questioned their source. Until the appointed time when this prophecy finally begins to be fulfilled in earnest, the answer for those wishing to serve Him in these things now is to abide increasingly in His Presence, and we can assume that the exact same principles apply to prophesying as well.

Posting this because it has helped me understand some things more clearly.
Blessings in Christ to those who find it helpful.
Hidden In Him

@Heart2Soul, @Josho, @Triumph1300, @Helen, @Mayflower, @lforrest, @Frank Lee (if he is still with us).

Good post. We also should be aware that a lot of dreams are also affected by what we read, watch or listen to.

On a happy note though.

I am pleased to say one vision I believe the Lord had given me early last year is playing out accurately so far and thank God for it as it involves Salvations of mum's family members in Malaysia.

11th of February, 2018
"I had a vision, I saw my aunties and uncles and grandma standing around in a circle praying and praising Jesus."

Just a very simple vision, at the time when I had received it, none of my aunties, uncles or grandma in Malaysia were saved at the time, they were idol/ancestor worshippers. But fast-forward to now in the present day, my oldest Uncle and Grandma in Malaysia have turned to Jesus.

Which is wonderful. Praise the Lord Jesus almighty for that. :)

Still 5 aunties and one more uncle to go, but I believe they too will turn to Jesus.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D no!!! Too much sweaty bodies. Lol. I have weird dreams. This one, was first there was like an entire group of people in business suits and I was there too. I did get the "Senate" or "House" feeling. :D I was earning scrabble letters to spell f-u-n on my business dress. It was rare, but I got it for some reason. Then it switched to the sumo wrestlers and the announcers were into it as they were flying on bungee cords to fight each other. Then I guess it was like a changing time thing, because this woman decided not to run, because one of the sumo wrestlers won when he wasnt supposed to win. I didnt write that down in my random/strange dreams. But that was probably the weirdest dream Ive ever had. And I have some pretty strange dreams.

Sumo wrestlers on bungee cords...don't laugh, but I have heard some dreams about angels that were really bizarre because in dreams, your mind tries to explain what you are seeing. You saw some big, strong, powerful guys fighting each other and they seemed to be flying. So your mind put them on bungee cords. Just sayin...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post. We also should be aware that a lot of dreams are also affected by what we read, watch or listen to.

On a happy note though.

I am pleased to say one vision I believe the Lord had given me early last year is playing out accurately so far and thank God for it as it involves Salvations of mum's family members in Malaysia.

11th of February, 2018
"I had a vision, I saw my aunties and uncles and grandma standing around in a circle praying and praising Jesus."

Just a very simple vision, at the time when I had received it, none of my aunties, uncles or grandma in Malaysia were saved at the time, they were idol/ancestor worshippers. But fast-forward to now in the present day, my oldest Uncle and Grandma in Malaysia have turned to Jesus.

Which is wonderful. Praise the Lord Jesus almighty for that. :)

Still 5 aunties and one more uncle to go, but I believe they too will turn to Jesus.

Great report, Josho!

Be blessed, and keep walking in the gifts He gives you : )

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sumo wrestlers on bungee cords...don't laugh, but I have heard some dreams about angels that were really bizarre because in dreams, your mind tries to explain what you are seeing. You saw some big, strong, powerful guys fighting each other and they seemed to be flying. So your mind put them on bungee cords. Just sayin...

Lol! Definitely bungee cords. :D now y'all making me think there was something to that one. I DOUBT it. I'm beginning to understand my dreams more and I do believe God speaks to me through them. Pearl's little lessons she learned from her dreams helped me see them in a new light too. But it could be a congressional fight. Maybe it means Hillary won't run again, because President Trump will win. :D

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who believe in the possibility of receiving dreams and visions from the Lord, and who either have in the past and/or desire to again in the future, I learned something yesterday that I thought might be helpful to share.

I used to interpret quite regularly on CF a few years ago, but I eventually had to stop. The reason was because, while some dreams proved to be genuinely from the Lord and accurate, many were proving to be clearly not from the Lord. I wondered about this at the time because they were coming from true Christians, and I was at a loss to know why some were receiving genuinely inspired dreams while others were not.

Well, the Lord showed me why yesterday. For some reason, I just felt led to google "End-Time Visions and Dreams - Youtube." I thought I might get a few things. What ended up popping up were dozens upon dozens, upon dozens, upon dozens upon DOZENS of Youtube videos going by this title, and it took very little time to discern that few were truly inspired, despite again coming from people who appeared to be genuine believers.

The order here is imperative: He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh (from the very old to the very young) and then they will prophesy, dream dreams, and see visions. This is the key to receiving genuine visions and dreams: Abiding in the Presence of God such that the Spirit is poured out upon you.

Those I know of who have received very powerful visions and dreams in the last few decades have all been people who were seriously devoted to God, had very strong prayer lives, and spent a great deal of time in His presence. The problem with most Christians today, however, is they do not have strong prayer lives and are not spending quality time in His Presence. The result is that when they do receive dreams, these dreams are not truly from God but simply being generated by their flesh.

Now these words are not a condemnation of anyone. My wife and I have both received dreams that proved to be unquestionably from the Lord, and unquestionably accurate. Yet at other times I have received dreams that I had my doubts about, and questioned their source. Until the appointed time when this prophecy finally begins to be fulfilled in earnest, the answer for those wishing to serve Him in these things now is to abide increasingly in His Presence, and we can assume that the exact same principles apply to prophesying as well.

Hidden In Him

@Heart2Soul, @Josho, @Triumph1300, @Helen, @Mayflower, @lforrest, @Frank Lee (if he is still with us).

How could ya discern what dreams were of God and what not?

do ya mind if I ask what your dreams were about ?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do ya mind if I ask what your dreams were about ?

Most of my dreams center around my calling and serve as encouragements to continue pressing on towards it. Some are about others I am ministering to and where they are spiritually (so I know their spiritual condition and know what to pray for concerning them). Some are warnings.

Mind if I ask why you were asking? : )
Blessings in Christ, by the way, and thanks for your post.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know thinking of sumos as angels had me throwing this out, but reading back tonight, I understand what you are saying. Maybe I should add the sumo dream to my blog. See if God reveals something to me later on.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know thinking of sumos as angels had me throwing this out, but reading back tonight, I understand what you are saying. Maybe I should add the sumo dream to my blog. See if God reveals something to me later on.

I'm not saying it's an interpretation of your dream, honestly. I think a lot of dreams might be things we see when God instructs us in our sleep. (I forget where that verse is.) But I think there are some dreams that are had by more than one of us - a shared dream - a dream that is common. But I also think they often don't appear at first to be a shared dream. They can look completely different from the outside. Sometimes I can see the pattern. Not in here so much, because there isn't a specific dream thread or forum to see them all at once. But if even unbelievers have common dreams (falling from a great height, being completely naked in front of a large group of people), then its not so odd that He might give us the same dreams too sometimes.

Maybe some day He will make it more clear. Maybe when we begin to move as a body instead of so separately, I don't know.

Reactions: Mayflower

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

I abide in Him and can hear His voice to the point that all my prayers are answered.

But I have had only a couple of dreams that were definitely from God, and the visions I have had were at the same time I heard His voice. Most of the time my dreams are from pizza. I have found that when a word, dream or vision is from God it sears through you. You know it and can see every detail years later, whereas most of my dreams are forgotten 2 minutes after I wake up.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I abide in Him and can hear His voice to the point that all my prayers are answered.

But I have had only a couple of dreams that were definitely from God, and the visions I have had were at the same time I heard His voice. Most of the time my dreams are from pizza. I have found that when a word, dream or vision is from God it sears through you. You know it and can see every detail years later, whereas most of my dreams are forgotten 2 minutes after I wake up.
Anything with chili powder in it does it for me. I mean vivid!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit since Ive been pregnant, my dreams are just weird. Lol.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How could ya discern what dreams were of God and what not?

Some dreams are vivid and there is just a "knowing" that God is speaking.
Just like when you read a verse in the bible and it jumps out at you, and you just know that God was speaking it to you personally.

Other dreams just tease around for days...but you find you aren't quite sure the depth of the things God is saying.
That is when a person needs someone trustworthy and proven...'a Joseph' if you will ...someone you know can hear from the Lord., someone who will ask the Lord for clarity and get a response.

That is my experience anyway. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Good one...and totally agree. I had a vivid on e in 1981...
I can remember the others, but that one very long and detailed dream I can close my eyes and see it all again...39 years later! Seem like only yesterday...the very scary thing is I don't have 39 year of road ahead of my...10 at the most...just imagine how quickly THAT time is going to fly by ! Yikes ...

He gave grace to live by, I firmly believe He will also give grace to die by.
:)