Present-Day "Dreams And Visions"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, silly, Paul is representing mankind, not himself personally. We know that from verse 9. Paul would have had to been over 1300 years old for that to have been him before and at the time that Moses was given the Law. Are you saying that Paul is hundreds of years older than Methuselah? Can you see no contradiction between the Christian who is dead to sin in Romans 8, and the law keeper battling sin in Romans 7? CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT!

the law keeper battling sin...? Maybe so but still without Faith it is impossible to please God.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
...The Law of the Spirit of God after the inward hidden man of the heart (Galatians 4:6), which kind of helps under stand James 4:5 of how God is after the inward man. ...in that which is incorruptible NOT that which is corruptible. (1 Peter 3:4),(1 Peter 1:23), (1 Peter 1:4)

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The outward is judged and condemned and decreases and perishes...this is good. The inward is renewed daily...even better. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. [17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; [18] While we look not at the things which are seen,(judging not with our eyes) but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

That is what Paul speaks of in my opinion. Not that He doesn’t have the Spirit and is carnal there but speaking of two members in his own body ...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing with the foolish virgins is that they ran out of oil. They took the Holy Spirit for granted and didnt keep themselves strong for the Lord's coming...we need to keep ourselves fed and spiritually prepared. Make sure we have oil to trim our lamps when the time comes.

couldn’t sleep last night thinking about these “foolish virgins” shut out. Always had a problem with the other five not giving their oil. Man’s reasoning of they only had enough for their own and not enough to give ...doesn’t hold up. Not to derail the thread but please consider:
1) one thing you lack ...go sell all that you own and give to the poor.
2) the verse where the man answers to love my neighbor as I love myself ...and Christ answers that he was close to the kingdom of God.
3) the passage where Paul (inspired by the Holy Spirit)speaks of: as poor but making many rich(toward God).
4) become a fool...
5) blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of God.
6) When you did it not to one of the least of these...you did it not unto Me.
7) Luke 19:41-42 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, [42] Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.

Jesus was giving the parable to the Pharisees who were shutting the poor(in spirit)out in darkness away from entering unto God. He was speaking to them who were about to be where they had placed others ...without. He said: if you had known God desires Mercy and not sacrifice. The Spirit of God was about to be poured out on the gentiles after God gave all, to give to those poor in spirit that they might have. He does take the foolish things to confound the wise..then says to become a fool.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Helen, ALL my friends hear from the Lord. It is common in my circle.

And you can't see this as 'one up manship'
You even use caps for ALL ...
Let me tell you now...maybe amazing to you...but it's isn't just a phenomena in 'your' circle .... it is the norm for all those who "hear His Voice " and are led by His Spirit. :rolleyes:

You are "your group" are not special.

Elijah also thought that he was special ....but God said to him:-
"Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.
1 Kings 19:18

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you can't see this as 'one up manship'
You even use caps for ALL ...
Let me tell you now...maybe amazing to you...but it's isn't just a phenomena in 'your' circle .... it is the norm for all those who "hear His Voice " and are led by His Spirit. :rolleyes:

You are "your group" are not special.

Elijah also thought that he was special ....but God said to him:-
"Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.
1 Kings 19:18

No, it is common. So common I expect everyone to be able to pray according to God's will. You hear His voice, too, so I don't see the problem.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you saying that because others don't get answers, that I'm lying?

What I was "going on about" is trying to point out to you, that you wont make many friends by keep on mentioning that you always get your prayers answered , and how clearly you and all your circle can hear from the Lord.
You are boasting , and it is all about "you"...and it is distasteful ...

2 Cor 10:17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” ( not in themselves)

2 Cor 12 "I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.
...... But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say
"

...it does you no favours , neither does it encourage people to listen to you....

Just saying.

Back to Topic now

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the law keeper battling sin...? Maybe so but still without Faith it is impossible to please God.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
...The Law of the Spirit of God after the inward hidden man of the heart (Galatians 4:6), which kind of helps under stand James 4:5 of how God is after the inward man. ...in that which is incorruptible NOT that which is corruptible. (1 Peter 3:4),(1 Peter 1:23), (1 Peter 1:4)

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The outward is judged and condemned and decreases and perishes...this is good. The inward is renewed daily...even better. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. [17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; [18] While we look not at the things which are seen,(judging not with our eyes) but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

That is what Paul speaks of in my opinion. Not that He doesn’t have the Spirit and is carnal there but speaking of two members in his own body ...

Paul taught for 8 chapters on the Law. The law was holy. That wasn't the problem. Sin in our nature since Adam was the problem. SIN is what Jesus came to take out of us by His Spirit. That is why He said we MUST be born again.

Before Christ vs. after Christ
Law vs. Spirit
carnal nature vs. divine nature
sin vs. righteousness, leading to holiness.

Understand?
Read 1 John 3

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I was "going on about" is trying to point out to you, that you wont make many friends by keep on mentioning that you always get your prayers answered , and how clearly you and all your circle can hear from the Lord.
You are boasting , and it is all about "you"...and it is distasteful ...

2 Cor 10:17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” ( not in themselves)

2 Cor 12 "I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.
...... But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say
"

...it does you no favours , neither does it encourage people to listen to you....

Just saying.

Back to Topic now

Sorry you see it that way. Should I say I am assured of my salvation? It is saying the same thing. Except others live in the false assurance of OSAS, and are apathetic about sin. Keeping the commandments of Jesus is "works" to them and they preach against works. There is only one sign of true assurance, and I want everyone to know it, because as distasteful as it is to those who love their teachers more than the word of God, it is the truth. But to get there, we must first be born again of the Spirit and partake of the divine nature. THEN all your prayers will be answered. And not the way some teach that sometimes God says "no." It is not that God says no, it is that He just doesn't listen to anything other than His will. And how do we know His will and receive what you pray? By waiting on Him and hearing His voice what to pray.

Helen, no one teaches this, except me that I know of. So of course the world is going to hate me, and think me "proud." I am afraid for the Church. But I have the armor of God, even if I don't have thick skin. Better the wounds of a friend, than the kisses of an enemy (to fill the pews).

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay..so what is the oil ? can you say 100% it is the Holy Spirit ?
What about Love...we are supposed to all have love..right?
What about faithfulness?
What about a living relationship?
We so quickly just quote what we have been told by someone in a pulpit.

That fact they they COULD still "go to him who sells , and buy" and they WENT and they bought. Doesn't sound to me that they were "lost"...as some here seem to believe! :)

But unless @Hidden In Him doesn't mind this "off topic" rabbit hole...we should not really be discussing it here!!
Lets keep to his Thread.

It appears it is not going away, so I decided to create a thread for it. Post on it over there to your hearts content, sister : ) :p
Parable of the Ten Virgins

Thanks for keeping this thread separate. I appreciate it : )

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the topic of dreams and visions, I’ve been having some strange occurrences lately, I keep having a strange sense of going back too somewhere I’ve been in the past, Not like déjà vu or reincarnation but like God wants me to remember something but I just can’t seem to get there. I’ve never experienced this before.
I have never known how this happens or why. It's like a time warp.

Once I walked into a restaurant with five friends.
Suddenly I knew exactly who would sit is which seat...and not only that, I knew who would speak first, And also I knew what he would say!!!

I could see no spiritual point in this happening..( though we were all Christians ) ....very strange, I never has understood it. o_O

@Hidden In Him
Here lately what I’ve been experiencing is like an amazing sense of peace is awaiting me if I could get too where ever it is, but then I just come back too where ever my current reality is.

Hmm... Is this something happening during the day, or during dreams?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He says does Scripture say in vain, Scripture here is referring too Old Testament.

Oh, I thought you meant what scripture was I responding to which was James 4. But as far as the Old Testament, that is the 2nd Commandment. Why? Everybody knows that.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During day, fully conscious.

Not sure, then. I've never heard of this happening before...

My apologies. Can't say as I have any advice, except to pray over it. Ask Him that if it is something HE is trying to reveal to you to do so, and if not to cause it to stop.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never known how this happens or why. It;s like a time warp.

Once I walked into a restaurant with five friends.
Suddenly I knew exactly who would sit is which seat...and not only that, I knew who would speak first, And also I knew what he would say!!!

I could see no spiritual point in this happening..( though we were all Christians ) ....very strange, I never has understood it. o_O

@Hidden In Him
My wife and I have gotten pretty used to the idea that humans and animals can experience outside of the sensory perceptions as a part of living.

Precognition, telepathy, meaningless and incidental example abound for us. Each other, our cats, it's a lot of fun.

One of my wife's cats, Bambi, a big grey tabby, very smart, one day I was home, and he walked to the front door, and started to howl and cry at the door. No one was there but he wouldn't stop. After 20 minutes, my wife arrived home. 20 minutes before she got home, she was being unrightfully fired from a job she loved, and was needless to say upset. That darned cat could tell she was upset from many miles away!

This is just one of many examples that has shown me that at least a lot of us seem to have this built in to varying degrees.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife and I have gotten pretty used to the idea that humans and animals can experience outside of the sensory perceptions as a part of living.

Precognition, telepathy, meaningless and incidental example abound for us. Each other, our cats, it's a lot of fun.

One of my wife's cats, Bambi, a big grey tabby, very smart, one day I was home, and he walked to the front door, and started to howl and cry at the door. No one was there but he wouldn't stop. After 20 minutes, my wife arrived home. 20 minutes before she got home, she was being unrightfully fired from a job she loved, and was needless to say upset. That darned cat could tell she was upset from many miles away!

This is just one of many examples that has shown me that at least a lot of us seem to have this built in to varying degrees.

Much love!

Eerie! Animals don't have filters, so an angel can speak to and through them like Balaam's donkey.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who believe in the possibility of receiving dreams and visions from the Lord, and who either have in the past and/or desire to again in the future, I learned something yesterday that I thought might be helpful to share.

I used to interpret quite regularly on CF a few years ago, but I eventually had to stop. The reason was because, while some dreams proved to be genuinely from the Lord and accurate, many were proving to be clearly not from the Lord. I wondered about this at the time because they were coming from true Christians, and I was at a loss to know why some were receiving genuinely inspired dreams while others were not.

Well, the Lord showed me why yesterday. For some reason, I just felt led to google "End-Time Visions and Dreams - Youtube." I thought I might get a few things. What ended up popping up were dozens upon dozens, upon dozens, upon dozens upon DOZENS of Youtube videos going by this title, and it took very little time to discern that few were truly inspired, despite again coming from people who appeared to be genuine believers.

Then it hit me. The reason this is happening is quite simple:

Joel 2:28-29 reads as follows:
28 “And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

The order here is imperative: He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh (from the very old to the very young) and then they will prophesy, dream dreams, and see visions. This is the key to receiving genuine visions and dreams: Abiding in the Presence of God such that the Spirit is poured out upon you.

Those I know of who have received very powerful visions and dreams in the last few decades have all been people who were seriously devoted to God, had very strong prayer lives, and spent a great deal of time in His presence. The problem with most Christians today, however, is they do not have strong prayer lives and are not spending quality time in His Presence. The result is that when they do receive dreams, these dreams are not truly from God but simply being generated by their flesh.

Now these words are not a condemnation of anyone. My wife and I have both received dreams that proved to be unquestionably from the Lord, and unquestionably accurate. Yet at other times I have received dreams that I had my doubts about, and questioned their source. Until the appointed time when this prophecy finally begins to be fulfilled in earnest, the answer for those wishing to serve Him in these things now is to abide increasingly in His Presence, and we can assume that the exact same principles apply to prophesying as well.

Posting this because it has helped me understand some things more clearly.
Blessings in Christ to those who find it helpful.
Hidden In Him

@Heart2Soul, @Josho, @Triumph1300, @Helen, @Mayflower, @lforrest, @Frank Lee (if he is still with us).
I went to my daughter's church Wednesday night and the pastor read a prophetic word from Kenneth Copeland and in it he said that 2020 is going to be big in visions and dreams.....he said the Holy Spirit said 20/20 vision in the spiritual things.....how cool that numerically it symbolizes 20/20 spiritual vision as compared to 20/20 physical vision (which is supposedly perfect vision in optometry).
So yes dreams and visions are increasing dramatically!

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one of the trump dreams I had back a few years ago, I was very pregnant. I have a feeling stuff is going to go down next year, but Ima trusting God in this...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to my daughter's church Wednesday night and the pastor read a prophetic word from Kenneth Copeland and in it he said that 2020 is going to be big in visions and dreams.....he said the Holy Spirit said 20/20 vision in the spiritual things.....how cool that numerically it symbolizes 20/20 spiritual vision as compared to 20/20 physical vision (which is supposedly perfect vision in optometry).
So yes dreams and visions are increasing dramatically!

Everyone I guess has a right to their opinion. Would not buy what Kenneth Copeland is selling. Ironically he tells you spiritual things but every action is love and adornment toward the physical things and he sure heaps them up for himself. he is drunk and part of will deceive them to lead them away from following After the Spirit to following after the flesh. Deuteronomy 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst: