Present-Day "Dreams And Visions"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We would probably disagree though on what the gift of speaking in tongues is ...

I'm not talking about the gift of tongues. I'm talking about one of the hearing gifts: Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, Prophecy or Interpretation of tongues. You literally hear God's voice through one of those gifts.

I have no idea what your idea of speaking in tongues is about. Whatever it is must agree with 1 Corinthians 14:2.

agree they are no longer carnal desires ...so get what you are saying but, still, there is something outward which wars against that which is inward. Romans 7:22-23 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: [23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

What I am talking about comes from the Holy Spirit. The person in Romans 7:22-23 does not have the Holy Spirit, all they have is the Law of Moses to try to keep with a carnal nature that has yet to be born again of the Spirit.

James 4:5-7 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? [6] But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. [7] Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I don't know what version you have, but I think you are conjuring an interpretation that is not true. Here is the New King James Version. James is warning them to not be a carnal Christian, for they will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21.

Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Maybe you are just way far ahead ...if God tells you what to pray and answers those prayers then Amen. what a blessing to have prayers answered..wouldn’t argue against answered prayers...only Questioned who was being spoken of and glorified.

Much of the Scriptures are interpreted by our church fathers according to their own experience. If we don't experience what is written, then do we look to ourselves, or do we agree with contradictory scripture that is not even about a Christian, such as Romans 7, or 1 John 1:6, 8 or 10. I boast in the Lord that God is true, and let every man be a liar. This is one reason I don't belong to a denomination, and all my friends are filled with the Spirit. What I mainly preach to the Church is to be born again. I don't need to look to the world for people to save; there are plenty inside the Church who are filled with unbelief, and who relate more to scriptures about the unsaved in our congregations, than the saved walking in the Spirit.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah : ) I don't take the foolish virgins as saved. But I'm not going there today, LoL.

But whenever you do "go there"...
Consider - " the door was shut " speaking of them NOT making it in the the 1000 reign with Christ. They were not Overcomers ( Rev 3)

Just ask the Lord in your 'spare time'. LOL

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, if there is no such thing as being too zealous, how do you interpret Galatians 4:17-18?

17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.
18 But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

You were talking about the Corinthians. They were not too zealous in their worship of God, just all speaking whatever gift they had all at once. A cacophony of confusion. They loved God, but not each other! So there is no such thing as being to zealous FOR GOD. I think you knew what I was talking about, you great pretender. LOL

Galatians 4:17 are Judaizers who are zealous for the law of Moses.
Galatians 4:18 are to be zealous for the truth always.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not of those who enter into the Bride of Christ realm, or the sonship realm ...but they are still "in heaven" ..they lose the reward of good and faithful servant.

Hi Helen,

I've heard this argument about Galatians 5:19-21 about the sins of the flesh and them not inheriting the Kingdom of God. Some say they go to heaven, they just lose rewards. Personally, I find that teaching very dangerous and apathetic towards temptations that lead to sin, and from sin to death.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen,

I've heard this argument about Galatians 5:19-21 about the sins of the flesh and them not inheriting the Kingdom of God. Some say they go to heaven, they just lose rewards. Personally, I find that teaching very dangerous and apathetic towards temptations that lead to sin, and from sin to death.

Okay. No sweat...
I am not here to try and change peoples minds...but to cause them to maybe think outside their little sacred boxes ...

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. No sweat...
I am not here to try and change peoples minds...but to cause them to maybe think outside their little sacred boxes ...

LOL And I think that eternity is nothing to play Russian roulette about. If I err, it will be on the side of holiness. Did you look at some of the things in that list? "adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Are any of these righteous or holy? Here are those who will be separated at the end to go to hell or to heaven. Guess which is which. Not only that, but the state they die in, is the state they will remain for eternity. Earth is merely our training ground. Revelation 22:11 "11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

If you want to believe these just won't receive rewards, be quiet about it - just don't teach it to gullible babes in Christ.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But whenever you do "go there"...
Consider - " the door was shut " speaking of them NOT making it in the the 1000 reign with Christ. They were not Overcomers ( Rev 3)

Just ask the Lord in your 'spare time'. LOL

A Ha Ha!! Ok, I will certainly try to do that : )

You have to pray for me, though. If I turn out to be wrong, I'm blaming you for why I ended up an idiot, LoL.

Stooges_A.jpg

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL And I think that eternity is nothing to play Russian roulette about. If I err, it will be on the side of holiness. Did you look at some of the things in that list? "adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Are any of these righteous or holy? Here are those who will be separated at the end to go to hell or to heaven. Guess which is which. Not only that, but the state they die in, is the state they will remain for eternity. Earth is merely our training ground. Revelation 22:11 "11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

If you want to believe these just won't receive rewards, be quiet about it - just don't teach it to gullible babes in Christ.

Works of the flesh yes. While we are positionally "In the Spirit" and hid in Christ , our daily walk is not where our spirit witnesses to.
Paul was always speaking to the 'man of the Spirit' but well aware that he himself had spent much time in Roman 6 and 7.... where his feet were.

I think you will find the important word there is Gal 5 is INHERIT.
Flesh Christians /carnal...will not inherit the kingdom. Only the sons will inherit.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works of the flesh yes. While we are positionally "In the Spirit" and hid in Christ , our daily walk is not where our spirit witnesses to.
Paul was always speaking to the 'man of the Spirit' but well aware that he himself had spent much time in Roman 6 and 7.... where his feet were.

I think you will find the important word there is Gal 5 is INHERIT.
Flesh Christians /carnal...will not inherit the kingdom. Only the sons will inherit.

Just be aware that Romans 7 is not about Paul's experience of being a Christian as so many ignorantly teach. (I'm curious if that teaching started in the Reformation, or earlier.) Paul teaches we are not under the law, and the person in Romans 7 is obviously under the law, and has not been freed from it, nor from sin, Romans 7:13. Keep reading for context. Romans 8:2"The law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death. In other words, the Spirit freed us from the struggle of Romans 7. There is no struggle while walking in the Spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person in Romans 7:22-23 does not have the Holy Spirit, all they have is the Law of Moses to try to keep with a carnal nature that has yet to be born again of the Spirit.

have I understood you correctly that ...the writer in (Romans 7:22-23)
does not have the Holy Spirit? The you don’t believe Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit penned Romans?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just be aware that Romans 7 is not about Paul's experience of being a Christian as so many ignorantly teach. (I'm curious if that teaching started in the Reformation, or earlier.) Paul teaches we are not under the law, and the person in Romans 7 is obviously under the law, and has not been freed from it, nor from sin, Roma

ns 7:13. Keep reading for context. Romans 8:2"The law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death. In other words, the Spirit freed us from the struggle of Romans 7. There is no struggle while walking in the Spirit.

I disagree...just like Paul wrote " I knew a man ...in the body or out I know not..." He was speaking without boasting of himself...its obvious taken in context...just so Romans 7 is him speaking of himself when under the Law.

You say- " Just be aware that Romans 7 is not about Paul's experience of being a Christian as so many ignorantly teach. .."

You are pretty sure of yourself and what you believe , aren't you? o_O
Amazingly, many many others of us have also spent time..days, weeks, months ..and even on one occasion, a decade - waiting on the Lord for something to be clarified .
I mused and waited on the Lord..for many many years..finally I said :-
"Okay Lord , I know you have been prodding me and niggling at me for almost ten years...it goes right across "traditional teaching"...but I must give in, You are Lord. I will take this and make it my own, even though it may cost me friends. "

So no, you are not the inly one who believes that they hear from the Lord.

I think this is getting way of Topic...it should be "dreams and visions"

Back to Topic. :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Wow..who are you!! :eek:
Who died made you the Forum police.
This is an OPEN forum and I will write whatever I feel to write.

YOU posted something that I did not agree with..I have every right to respond with what I agree with.

I have broken none of the forum rules in what I post.
And I will continue to do so if or until a Mod tells me otherwise..

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
have I understood you correctly that ...the writer in (Romans 7:22-23)
does not have the Holy Spirit? The you don’t believe Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit penned Romans?

I totally believe this is Paul writing about his own "before & after " experience. But, we seem for off track on Dreams and Visions here !! o_O

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally believe this is Paul writing about his own "before & after " experience. But, we seem for off track on Dreams and Visions here !! o_O

Im sorry. It’s just this is the first time hearing some of this...will stop derailing the thread.

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah : ) I don't take the foolish virgins as saved. But I'm not going there today, LoL.

understand your not wanting to go there. just an opinion, but I wouldn’t count the foolish virgins out just yet.1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
understand your not wanting to go there. just an opinion, but I wouldn’t count the foolish virgins out just yet.1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Good one...I had never linked those thoughts :)