Present-Day "Dreams And Visions"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understand your not wanting to go there. just an opinion, but I wouldn’t count the foolish virgins out just yet.1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

The thing with the foolish virgins is that they ran out of oil. They took the Holy Spirit for granted and didnt keep themselves strong for the Lord's coming...we need to keep ourselves fed and spiritually prepared. Make sure we have oil to trim our lamps when the time comes.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing with the foolish virgins is that they ran out of oil. They took the Holy Spirit for granted and didnt keep themselves strong for the Lord's coming...we need to keep ourselves fed and spiritually prepared. Make sure we have oil to trim our lamps when the time comes.
Shame there weren’t some Christians present to share their oil?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shame there weren’t some Christians present to share their oil?

They had just enough to trim their lamps. They jad plenth of time to prepare, right? The wise virgins did something right, becaude they made it to the wedding.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They had just enough to trim their lamps. They jad plenth of time to prepare, right? The wise virgins did something right, becaude they made it to the wedding.
As a Christian this has never made sense.
I don’t believe this has anything to do with Christ and His Church.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian this has never made sense.

This has been a hard passage to understand, but I am understanding a bit more. I think there comes a time where it is too late to accept Christ and very hard to learn how to be a spirit filled Christian.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Okay..so what is the oil ? can you say 100% it is the Holy Spirit ?
What about Love...we are supposed to all have love..right?
What about faithfulness?
What about a living relationship?
We so quickly just quote what we have been told by someone in a pulpit.

That fact they they COULD still "go to him who sells , and buy" and they WENT and they bought. Doesn't sound to me that they were "lost"...as some here seem to believe! :)

But unless @Hidden In Him doesn't mind this "off topic" rabbit hole...we should not really be discussing it here!!
Lets keep to his Thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has been a hard passage to understand, but I am understanding a bit more. I think there comes a time where it is too late to accept Christ and very hard to learn how to be a spirit filled Christian.
Exactly a Spirit filled Christian has Christ in them, hard too make an argument of being a virgin. Do Christians tell people to purchase the Holy Spirit?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Im glad that is only "your opinion" .. :)
I do not see this in the 'overview' of the bible...a Virgin ( chased) yet "too late to accept Christ!!" o_O

Who then can be saved!! lol Peter denied the Lord 3 times...was he lost to Jesus ?
He had no oil? Hmmmmm

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the topic of dreams and visions, I’ve been having some strange occurrences lately, I keep having a strange sense of going back too somewhere I’ve been in the past, Not like déjà vu or reincarnation but like God wants me to remember something but I just can’t seem to get there. I’ve never experienced this before.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the topic of dreams and visions, I’ve been having some strange occurrences lately, I keep having a strange sense of going back too somewhere I’ve been in the past, Not like déjà vu or reincarnation but like God wants me to remember something but I just can’t seem to get there. I’ve never experienced this before.

I have never known how this happens or why. It;s like a time warp.

Once I walked into a restaurant with five friends.
Suddenly I knew exactly who would sit is which seat...and not only that, I knew who would speak first, And also I knew what he would say!!!

I could see no spiritual point in this happening..( though we were all Christians ) ....very strange, I never has understood it. o_O

@Hidden In Him

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never known how this happens or why. It;s like a time warp.

Once I walked into a restaurant with five friends.
Suddenly I knew exactly who would sit is which seat...and not only that, I knew who would speak first, And also I knew what he would say!!!

I could see no spiritual point in this happening..( though we were all Christians ) ....very strange, I never has understood it. o_O

@Hidden In Him
Here lately what I’ve been experiencing is like an amazing sense of peace is awaiting me if I could get too where ever it is, but then I just come back too where ever my current reality is.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have I understood you correctly that ...the writer in (Romans 7:22-23)
does not have the Holy Spirit? The you don’t believe Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit penned Romans?

No, silly, Paul is representing mankind, not himself personally. We know that from verse 9. Paul would have had to been over 1300 years old for that to have been him before and at the time that Moses was given the Law. Are you saying that Paul is hundreds of years older than Methuselah? Can you see no contradiction between the Christian who is dead to sin in Romans 8, and the law keeper battling sin in Romans 7? CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT!

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree...just like Paul wrote " I knew a man ...in the body or out I know not..." He was speaking without boasting of himself...its obvious taken in context...just so Romans 7 is him speaking of himself when under the Law.

You say- " Just be aware that Romans 7 is not about Paul's experience of being a Christian as so many ignorantly teach. .."

You are pretty sure of yourself and what you believe , aren't you? o_O
Amazingly, many many others of us have also spent time..days, weeks, months ..and even on one occasion, a decade - waiting on the Lord for something to be clarified .
I mused and waited on the Lord..for many many years..finally I said :-
"Okay Lord , I know you have been prodding me and niggling at me for almost ten years...it goes right across "traditional teaching"...but I must give in, You are Lord. I will take this and make it my own, even though it may cost me friends. "

So no, you are not the inly one who believes that they hear from the Lord.

I think this is getting way of Topic...it should be "dreams and visions"

Back to Topic. :D

Helen, ALL my friends hear from the Lord. It is common in my circle. And I agree that Paul could have been talking of himself before he was a Christian as it has to do with being under the law, but it is actually "mankind." Read what I posted to Victory above yours.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow..who are you!! :eek:
Who died made you the Forum police.
This is an OPEN forum and I will write whatever I feel to write.

YOU posted something that I did not agree with..I have every right to respond with what I agree with.

I have broken none of the forum rules in what I post.
And I will continue to do so if or until a Mod tells me otherwise..

Helen, I just don't want Jesus words to be said about you. To think that Galatians 5:19-21 is merely a loss of rewards but you go to heaven, and not a warning of hell is criminal. It causes apathy towards sin. But that's OSAS for ya.

Matthew 18:6
“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are pretty sure of yourself and what you believe , aren't you? o_O
Amazingly, many many others of us have also spent time..days, weeks, months ..and even on one occasion, a decade - waiting on the Lord for something to be clarified .
I mused and waited on the Lord..for many many years..finally I said :-
"Okay Lord , I know you have been prodding me and niggling at me for almost ten years...it goes right across "traditional teaching"...but I must give in, You are Lord. I will take this and make it my own, even though it may cost me friends. "

Sorry to sound clueless, but what are you going on about here???

Are you saying that because others don't get answers, that I'm lying? That doesn't sound like you. But then we really don't know each other. If I lack wisdom on a passage I just ask and expect an answer. Sometimes it is immediate, other times it is early in the morning when I'm just becoming conscious and the dreams are swept away and the still small voice provides the answer to my question. He should know - He's the Author. So, YES, I'm sure of what I believe. I've been taught by the Spirit of Truth. And why I don't belong to a denomination. I don't want any crossing of signals between the Spirit and the theories of man.

Last edited: