Presidential Debates in Nashville

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they really wanted to they could sandwhich radioactive hydrogen impregnated nylar in solar cells and run everyones homes off of it. The would run for 20+ years. You could run cars from them also.

Automobiles CAN BE designed to run on water. It's been done and GAGGED.

Reactions: historyb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HISTORY:
In April of 1961 the CIA convinced Kennedy to invade Cuba in the "Bay of Pigs" debacle.

LESSON: Don't trust the CIA.
HISTORY:
Bobby Jo

I think that is an Error. Kennedy rejected a plan to invade Cuba. They did it anyway, it backfired and Kennedy had to send rescue, (probably / speculation on CIA backlash from Kennedy)...but CIA got him out of the way for good, in Dallas. :oops: Cheap!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We actually do use a form of solar power that's rather clean...

Water (by the sun) is heated and then placed in higher elevations in the mountains in a frozen state or just dropped in other areas...

It's then collected and stopped from flowing unless it first turns a turbine...

Every dam is a user of Solar power.

But things like snail darters and fluffy eared jackalopes become the focus instead of clean energy.

Ever see close up the Fields, Miles of wind- turbines? Looks aweful, even creepy.

Reactions: JohnDB

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Do you have solar? We got solar panels but not the battery, the batteries are still quite expensive, and they are still improving solar panel batteries as they are a new technology. The solar panels are definitely saving a lot of money though and any solar powered electricity we don't use goes back into the grid, and we get a little bit of money back.

They do still produce power when it's cloudy and raining and to your surprise we have even found them to produce a bit of power at night when a full moon is shining bright.

I don't have solar. I have worked at a company that does some large scale solar projects. And I've done photography and know exposure time needed for film at night is hundreds of times what is needed during the day. So not much energy to be had by your solar at night, I doubt you could run a single light bulb off moon light.

Chemical batteries are probably not as good as inertia power storage, batteries can only cycle so much. A flywheel has no such limit. Arrays of these could be used for storage, to buffer changes in grid frequency some. Not really enough to absorb more than a few minutes of lower power output.

The issue with clouds is when it gets partly cloudy and clouds move over the field, It can cause transients in power output.

Reactions: historyb

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How often do you engage in sex?

What in the world does my sex life have to do with this? (Just wondering.)

Depends, it has gotten down to 20 here and many elderly and disabled (such as myself)

You must be a young soul in an older person's body because you don't act like a senior citizen to me lol

Trump is just 30 miles from me right now! I wish I could be there. I just can't get that close to Biden, because I break out in hives!

Best comment ever!! :D

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't have solar. I have worked at a company that does some large scale solar projects. And I've done photography and know exposure time needed for film at night is hundreds of times what is needed during the day. So not much energy to be had by your solar at night, I doubt you could run a single light bulb off moon light.

Chemical batteries are probably not as good as inertia power storage, batteries can only cycle so much. A flywheel has no such limit. Arrays of these could be used for storage, to buffer changes in grid frequency some. Not really enough to absorb more than a few minutes of lower power output.

The issue with clouds is when it gets partly cloudy and clouds move over the field, It can cause transients in power output.

Quite a bit of technical information there, I guess it depends on where you live too, as some places have more daylight than others.

When was this you worked for a solar company? As our solar panels are still quite new, I think we only got them last year probably February or March.

But I can say my parents never regretted the decision. Savings with solar are something like 1/3rd to 1/4th of the price with no solar. It is definitely worth it, imo.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Automobiles CAN BE designed to run on water. It's been done and GAGGED.

It's not a very good solution from what I know. I know a friend that was making fuel cells. Not so energy productive. It's kind of a dead end from what I learned.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do view renewable energies as a good move though, as it certainly cuts down on fumes and pollutants in the air depending on where you live.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who aren't electricians:

When turning a generator or alternator there's a considerable amount of physical resistance because of the magnetic fields generated. There's no getting away from this. It's an instristic characteristic.

That's why turbines are used to turn alternators. (Yes, there's a difference between alternators and generators)

Reactions: Taken and historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do view renewable energies as a good move though, as it certainly cuts down on fumes and pollutants in the air depending on where you live.

True, but as @JohnDB said it is extremely destructive to the environment to make many of those renewable energy things. Some can cause places to be uninhabitable by man, beast, and fauna for millennia to eons. So why they renewable on one end they are far worse than fossil fuel on the other end. I do like the idea of solar a lot as long as they can make it in a responsible fashion without threatening the environment.

Reactions: Josho and dev553344

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but as @JohnDB said it is extremely destructive to the environment to make many of those renewable energy things. Some can cause places to be uninhabitable by man, beast, and fauna for millennia to eons. So why they renewable on one end they are far worse than fossil fuel on the other end. I do like the idea of solar a lot as long as they can make it in a responsible fashion without threatening the environment.
I worked at the "Hemlock" plant in Clarksville that made silicone.

When I say that those chemicals are dangerous...we had to look at the windsock to see which way to run if there was a spill. And I do mean run.

There's backups upon backups and nitrogen flushing and nitrogen pressurized chambers...but that doesn't mean a lot with people in the mix.
The ONLY way that stuff gets transported in America is by rail... trucks are too dangerous.

And those carbon fiber composite fan blades?
Fuhgetaboutit... another chemical mess.

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I used to live in California, and the smog was terrible, we really need clean emissions. But now that I live in Washington there is no smog.

Reactions: JohnDB and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I am sure with improving technologies, they will find out how to make them with recycled materials if they haven't already started doing so.

Reactions: historyb and JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to live in California, and the smog was terrible, we really need clean emissions. But now that I live in Washington there is no smog.
I remember those days when there were smog alerts every day... eventually they started having acid mud rains..
That wasn't good.
And their weather systems of being on the west coast is a major part of the problem.

So they got really serious about the vehicle emissions and several industries had to move out...others had to clean up their smokestacks. The refinery in Benecia got scrubbers...not sure about others.
Smog pumps, catalytic converters and etc all came from California cars.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember those days when there were smog alerts every day... eventually they started having acid mud rains..
That wasn't good.
And their weather systems of being on the west coast is a major part of the problem.

So they got really serious about the vehicle emissions and several industries had to move out...others had to clean up their smokestacks. The refinery in Benecia got scrubbers...not sure about others.
Smog pumps, catalytic converters and etc all came from California cars.

Yeah the residents told me the smog was a lot better and that was in 2000. But it looked pretty bad to me, you could climb a small mountain and be above it and it was just a low lying layer of brown gas.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah the residents told me the smog was a lot better and that was in 2000. But it looked pretty bad to me, you could climb a small mountain and be above it and it was just a low lying layer of brown gas.
We left in '77 I think...
It was really bad then...the mud rains...

Reactions: Josho and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I climbed the mountains in San Bernadino in 2000 and it was bad to me. But then I moved to San Diego and didn't notice it much, we had the ocean breeze there carry the smog away I think, but in the valley of San Bernadino it would get stuck against the mountains and just hover there.

Reactions: Josho and JohnDB