Presidential Debates in Nashville

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another scenario that could incapacitate solar power in North America would be if a major volcano, such as the Yellowstone super volcano, erupted sending the U.S. into a volcanic winter from the ash. Also, I read the parts of the northeastern U.S. sit on another super volcano.

Given the gross error in timespans used to account for "evolution," we may have a real problem on our hands because we're not looking at millions of years since these volcanoes have erupted, but thousands of years.... That's a BIG difference. Just do the math based on the universe possibly being 6-10,000 years old, not millions or billions.

We actually do use a form of solar power that's rather clean...

Water (by the sun) is heated and then placed in higher elevations in the mountains in a frozen state or just dropped in other areas...

It's then collected and stopped from flowing unless it first turns a turbine...

Every dam is a user of Solar power.

But things like snail darters and fluffy eared jackalopes become the focus instead of clean energy.

Reactions: historyb

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that we can send a man to moon, but not develop decent batteries that last for years?? This is one of my biggest gripes!

There's new tech on the horizon with a carbon battery.
Again I'm not sure if it's going to require rate earth elements or not...

But it fully charges in minutes vx hours...and can last a very long time.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
We actually do use a form of solar power that's rather clean...

Water (by the sun) is heated and then placed in higher elevations in the mountains in a frozen state or just dropped in other areas...

It's then collected and stopped from flowing unless it first turns a turbine...

Every dam is a user of Solar power.

But things like snail darters and fluffy eared jackalopes become the focus instead of clean energy.

Not all solar uses cells, there are also the towers that use mirrors to reflect sunlight into them. They can then use the tower to heat water or salt, for a more traditional kind of power plant. But these take up a huge amount of land for the mirror fields, and there is an issue of maintaining these mirrors.

Reactions: historyb and JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all solar uses cells, there are also the towers that use mirrors to reflect sunlight into them. They can then use the tower to heat water or salt, for a more traditional kind of power plant. But these take up a huge amount of land for the mirror fields, and there is an issue of maintaining these mirrors.

Funny but true story...
They built a field in Nevada full of the photoelectric panels that were to generate a lot of power...as much as any power plant. (Desert area not useful for anything much)

What someone didn't notice was the rather huge but shallow valley this set of panels were located in.

They figured it out from the burning birds that kept falling out of the sky.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just wanted to add the fact that Trump is probably going to earn a ton of more votes after commenting that he's running again because of Sleepy Joe Biden. :D

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump was brilliant in that debate. Painted Biden out as a liar and got the proof to go with it. He is truly a master of trolling and ilicitting an awkward response from his opponents. He did this in the primaries with the republicans and with Hillary, and now with Biden, and they keep falling for it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump is off his game...Joe is looking better.
But Covid is his strongest subject.

Are you sure you want Joe? He doesn't even know how to wear his mask.

118766501_235196034499063_2545060309205230528_n.jpg

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure you want Joe? He doesn't even know how to wear his mask.

118766501_235196034499063_2545060309205230528_n.jpg
Oh Trump definitely nailed Joe in a lie about his son's computer and money.

The way Joe came across was exactly how a liar sounds. It was very clear and forceful...not like the rest of the stuff he was saying. It's definitely going to bear fruit if Joe gets elected...the FBI excells at figuring out money laundering and accounting frauds.

It's coming soon.

A new guy just came forward with testimony and three cell phones that completely contradict Joe Biden's statements.

Do that's two witnesses and five electronic devices vx Joe Biden.
The Coui Bono is only Joe and Hunter at this moment.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the globe self regulates CO2, the more CO2, the more abundant oxygen producing plants we will have.

Solar doesn't work well in cloudy weather or at night. Wind suffers similar problems, of conditions needing to be right for them. Inertia batteries only go so far. We need a diverse approach or there will be power disruptions. Fleets of simple cycle peaker units or combined cycle plants would probably be needed, to prevent disruptions.

Do you have solar? We got solar panels but not the battery, the batteries are still quite expensive, and they are still improving solar panel batteries as they are a new technology. The solar panels are definitely saving a lot of money though and any solar powered electricity we don't use goes back into the grid, and we get a little bit of money back.

They do still produce power when it's cloudy and raining and to your surprise we have even found them to produce a bit of power at night when a full moon is shining bright.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that Tax Return thing, LoL.

Tax returns are private business.
No one is required to show their tax returns to Anyone...not you, not me, not the Presisdent...

How much money do you have in your wallet?
How often do you engage in sex?
Where do you keep your valuables?
Your private business...Not my business...
Same with tax returns.
Wish Trump would say once and for all-
My private business is NOT your business!!

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The funny thing by far is the closed caption. I'm watching on Fox and they has closed caption turned on. I feel a bit sorry for the person trying to keep up with the typing

Surely need a speed typist !!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immigration...
Kids separated from parents.
Reunite kids with parents?

Joe said that they came with parents?
Trump says Joe built cages and cayotes brought kids.

What happens when an American breakers the Law and is sentenced to prison?

Kids go with him?

Or family disputes? Social Services takes the kids?

And it is a big deal to separate Foreigners who break into the US, adults from children,?

Pfft, put them all on a ship, box meals, ship full, free ride, to remote island.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People arnt going to freeze in California when they lose power.

Depends, it has gotten down to 20 here and many elderly and disabled (such as myself) can freeze it temps that others wouldn't in California. I have to have a heating blanket all the time for my poor circulation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
$6500 per family?

Windows? Can't have them anymore?

Ya Sure- like people stay in doors, avoid flu-
Any idea the Umpteen bottles and cans of cleaning products in a home --- that are toxic to Breath?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that we can send a man to moon, but not develop decent batteries that last for years?? This is one of my biggest gripes!

I agree. I just had to get new batteries for my wheelchair, the old ones went three years which is good but it would be nice to have them last longer.

I saw something like this going the back way to Vegas once.

Reactions: lforrest

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tilting at Windmills causing cancer?

Crap nutrient free transported food, junk food, animals eating poisons in the fields, chemical compounds to make drugs, and scientists ---
Major causes of diseases.