Presidential Debates in Nashville

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Currency is a medium of exchange...
If it simply represents a barter system of goods exchanged for goods then both sides of a barter are subject to the fluctuations of supply and demand.
No stable medium of exchange is involved.

Which is why a fiat monetary system is preferred if it is kept stable.

Now the problem exists when the fiat money is tampered with by politicians or the wealthy elite or banking systems. These things can destroy a fiat money system...and they don't end well when they do.

The easiest example of explaining this is the petroleum oil market.

Oil price fluctuations are an hourly thing. So is food or lumber or whatever.
Even metals (like gold) are subject to market fluctuations.

Since most oil producing countries export their products they wanted something of stable value for their products.
They originally chose the most stable money which was American dollars.
America, at one time, produced the most petroleum and refined petroleum products.
Now it's others.
And as these foreign countries held more and more US dollars the price of these dollars vx other currencies went exorbitantly high. (Supply vx demand)
So American diplomats talked with OPEC into trading oil contracts using Euros instead of dollars... making American exports of groceries affordable once again.
(USA produces 60% of the world food supply)
The price of oil went sky high as a result for a while... almost $4.00/gal for gasoline.
Today the pressure of fracking the permian basin and other areas and increased supply from OPEC has dropped the price to reasonable prices. The USA also sought to bring out "clean coal" technology which basically turns soft "yellow" coal into diesel fuel that burns cleanly.
Germany developed the process during WW2 but it's been improved since with better tech. We can produce a 55gal barrel of Diesel for @ $75/barrel. Along with the new engines that require DEF... nothing can really do much to control energy prices.

Most countries use american dollars as a secured deposit to back their own currencies they issue...from Australia to Japan... american dollars back up their currencies.

Reactions: historyb

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL!

Sometimes you wonder if the fly didn't have more memorable moments during the debates than Biden did.

IMG_0734.jpg
What??? Did the fly show up in last night's debate too?? Must be a drone-fly!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, I forgot to say before if Trump wins (which I have a feeling he's going to) then I think that I'm going to throw a celebratory party on the fourth,.. or whatever day we find out the results. :D

HISTORY:
On January 17, 1961, Dwight D. Eisenhower ended his presidential term by warning the nation about the increasing power of the military-industrial complex.​

HISTORY:
Early in 1961 Kennedy questioned the military value of the Jupiter nuclear missiles, having a range of 1,500 miles, stationed in Turkey, and the Atomic Energy Commission’s (AEC) Joint Congressional Committee observed that the weapons were “unreliable, inaccurate, obsolete, and too easily sabotaged.” But no orders were given regarding the disposition of the stationed missiles.

LESSON: Kennedy learned to put his directives in WRITING.​

HISTORY:
In April of 1961 the CIA convinced Kennedy to invade Cuba in the "Bay of Pigs" debacle.

LESSON: Don't trust the CIA.
HISTORY:
The CIA argued that the U.S. should support military involvement in South Vietnam, but Kennedy no longer trusted the CIA. So having learned to put his order in WRITING, on October 2, 1963 Kennedy issued a memo to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Maxwell Taylor, for the withdrawal of 1,000 troops to commence within two months, and the balance of the troops to be withdrawn within the following 12 months.
It took some seven weeks for the "Deep State" to arrange for Kennedy to be in an Open Convertible.

LESSON: Don't cross the "Deep State".​

FUTURE:
Trump will win which will drive the "Deep State" to assassinate both he and Pence (Rev. 11), and leave the Speaker of the House (Nancy Pelosi) as the new President.

LESSON: Don't interfere with the "Deep State".

... so you might not want to celebrate too much, because just as Jesus was celebrated entering Jerusalem -- he was crucified shortly thereafter. :(

Bobby Jo

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That stock market is what drives the Job Market and small businesses...I'm guessing that people are going to have to learn this lesson again the hard way.
They actually do live off the stock market...it's convoluted and backhanded in the way they do...but when that thing crashes see what happens.

The problem is a trading market reflects the movement of goods. Over time it measures the success or failure of economies, but only when everything is working. Because everything is interconnected the market over time reflects the success of companies which drive jobs and business opportunities.

Unfortunately a large part of the market is speculating on what will be successful and what will fail. So Tesla is valued as the biggest auto company in the world, but this is just a future promise not real current value. This demonstrates how bubbles can be created, burst and resolved. Governments are meant to help reduce this speculation and bubbles, but the market is the ruler rather than any individual.

We are currently in a strange economic situation. Massive debt and stimulation, which will end in collapse. Whether there will be a day of Jubilee or a great depression is the question of our age. We live in a civilisation that has never been here before, so we are still learning, and by Gods grace we will find a way through. God bless you

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, evidently, someone is using these insect drones to spy. But that's okay. We kills bugs at my house. :D

So what do you think of Biden's idea to use solar power to end the global warming problem? Just curious.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you think of Biden's idea to use solar power to end the global warming problem? Just curious.
I don't have anything against solar power per se, but I wouldn't want it to edge out other forms of energy because it tends to be very costly to purchase and install. Also, the amount of sunshine an area receives affects its effectiveness.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have anything against solar power per se, but I wouldn't want it to edge out other forms of energy because it tends to be very costly to purchase and install. Also, the amount of sunshine an area receives affects its effectiveness.

Yeah, I like the idea of supplementing power using solar cells, but I live in Washington and sunshine is not a regular event here until summer time. But I don't like Biden's idea of pushing it on everyone, I think he would make it illegal for other forms and punishable by jail to use other forms. Which is kinda inline with the democratic movement of making everything illegal that they don't like and making everything legal that they do like. Forcing their ways on everyone.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are currently in a strange economic situation. Massive debt and stimulation, which will end in collapse. Whether there will be a day of Jubilee or a great depression is the question of our age. We live in a civilisation that has never been here before, so we are still learning, and by Gods grace we will find a way through. God bless you

I know you said you were not a big believer in complex dreams, Follow Him, but in case you might be interested, I talked about this at length in a thread many months ago. You might find it interesting.

The gist of the counsel was the need to enter the times ahead "on our knees," i.e. in prayer, because it will be difficult for everyone in the coming financial climate.
Beware Of Increasing Debt

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I think the globe self regulates CO2, the more CO2, the more abundant oxygen producing plants we will have.

Solar doesn't work well in cloudy weather or at night. Wind suffers similar problems, of conditions needing to be right for them. Inertia batteries only go so far. We need a diverse approach or there will be power disruptions. Fleets of simple cycle peaker units or combined cycle plants would probably be needed, to prevent disruptions.

Reactions: dev553344

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the globe self regulates CO2, the more CO2, the more abundant oxygen producing plants we will have.

Solar doesn't work well in cloudy weather or at night. Wind suffers similar problems, of conditions needing to be right for them. Inertia batteries only go so far. We need a diverse approach or there will be power disruptions. Fleets of simple cycle peaker units or combined cycle plants would probably be needed, to prevent disruptions.

If advancements in physics come about, the Unified Theory, then we might have even different ways of supplying energy. Waiting on that to manifest.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Imagine if we depended on solar and a hudge blizzard swept across the country. People would be left without power, and those who depend on electric heat would freeze.

People arnt going to freeze in California when they lose power.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with solar power is the photoelectric transistors they need to create electricity.
These transistors are made with super pure silicone that is then "doped" with other pure elements to create a voltage.

The problem is that the chemical processes needed to purify these elements is disastrous to the environment. Disastrous to make and dispose of. They poison everything they touch for millenia. They are explosive when they come in contact with water.

The batteries are a whole nother critter that's a disaster.

Solar power is the nastiest form of power to make. But the "environmentalists" seem to back them. It's a joke...they actually are supporting and invested in the companies producing the nasty things. They are the real polluters.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine if we depended on solar and a hudge blizzard swept across the country. People would be left without power, and those who depend on electric heat would freeze.

People arnt going to freeze in California when they lose power.
Another scenario that could incapacitate solar power in North America would be if a major volcano, such as the Yellowstone super volcano, erupted sending the U.S. into a volcanic winter from the ash. Also, I read the parts of the northeastern U.S. sit on another super volcano.

Given the gross error in timespans used to account for "evolution," we may have a real problem on our hands because we're not looking at millions of years since these volcanoes have erupted, but thousands of years.... That's a BIG difference. Just do the math based on the universe possibly being 6-10,000 years old, not millions or billions.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with solar power is the photoelectric transistors they need to create electricity.
These transistors are made with super pure silicone that is then "doped" with other pure elements to create a voltage.

The problem is that the chemical processes needed to purify these elements is disastrous to the environment. Disastrous to make and dispose of. They poison everything they touch for millenia. They are explosive when they come in contact with water.

The batteries are a whole nother critter that's a disaster.

Solar power is the nastiest form of power to make. But the "environmentalists" seem to back them. It's a joke...they actually are supporting and invested in the companies producing the nasty things. They are the real polluters.
Why is it that we can send a man to moon, but not develop decent batteries that last for years?? This is one of my biggest gripes!