Preterism's Claim Of 70AD Fulfillment Is Silenced In One Verse, Luke 21:35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact, it makes your argument so weak, that it would break your fingers to give an honest answer to my question.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact, it makes your argument so weak, that it would break your fingers to give an honest answer to my question.
This thread isnt about interpretation of (The World) or any other subject you desire to impose, in trying to hijack the topic

(The Face Of The Whole Earth) Is Clearly Explained Below, As The Flood Covered All The Earth, As It Covered Every Mountain

Like 21:35KJV
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 7:4KJV
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Genesis 8:9KJV
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread isnt about interpretation of (The World) or any other subject you desire to impose, in trying to hijack the topic

(The Face Of The Whole Earth) Is Clearly Explained Below, As The Flood Covered All The Earth, As It Covered Every Mountain

Like 21:35KJV
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 7:4KJV
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Genesis 8:9KJV
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
Well as I stated not everything in scripture is literal, and you need to learn this. The scripture I’ve quoted makes this very clear, so do try again maybe next time with some scriptures that are more convincing of you opinion.

thanks!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saints can still sin, Truther. Just like everybody else.
Sin is the Breaking of the Commandments.
1 John 3:4

Something doesn't add up in your equation.
Saints can still sin is correct. That is why the Saints are commanded exclusively to walk in the Spirit and be led of the spirit to keep from falling back under the law. We can backslide into sin and back into the law if we don’t watch it.

If we fail in walking by the influence of the Spirit, then we must revert back to the law to give us our guidance. Namely the 10 Commandments. Which is a failure in the spiritual walk.

Notice how churches like the Baptist Church do not allow the Spirit to lead them but rather base their religion on the 10 Commandments? Do you notice how the Roman catholic church does the same? Spirit less churches are not spirit led churches. Those folks choose the Law as their guide instead.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And until that time comes I’ll continue to view Christ as a true prophet.
Jesus Christ Is "God Almighty", The Alpha And Omega, Creator Of All!

Colossians 1:16-18KJV
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how churches like the Baptist Church do not allow the Spirit to lead them but rather base their religion on the 10 Commandments? Do you notice how the Roman catholic church does the same? Spirit less churches are not spirit led churches. Those folks choose the Law as their guide instead.
Actually, I don't know of any modern denominations that don't teach that the Commandments were done away with at the Cross of Christ.

SDA's maybe??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I don't know of any modern denominations that don't teach that the Commandments were done away with at the Cross of Christ.

SDA's maybe??
Actually, any non-Spirit filled church resorts back to the 10 Commandments. Start with the Catholics. Observe the Baptist. Watch them preach the 10 Commandments like a house of fire.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

SDA's maybe??
SDA believe in the 10 commandments today

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, any non-Spirit filled church resorts back to the 10 Commandments. Start with the Catholics. Observe the Baptist. Watch them preach the 10 Commandments like a house of fire.
1 John 2:1-4KJV
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys have gotten way off topic.

John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

ok anyone care to answer what Jesus is referring to when He says world?

I never noticed how brutally mocking John 18:20 is in context before. it does make me think of 1 John 4:5-6 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. [6] We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

There is a lot of tension in
John 18:19 The high priest then questioned Jesus about His disciples, and about His teaching.

John 18:20 Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world; I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all the Jews come together; and I spoke nothing in secret.
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 18:21: Why do you question Me? Question those who have heard what I spoke to them; they know what I said."

John 18:22: When He had said this, one of the officers standing nearby struck Jesus, saying, "Is that the way You answer the high priest?"
This is why I say the passage reminds me of 1 John 4:5-6, He said He had taught in the temple and none had laid hands on Him for His hour had not yet come, Luke 4:15-21 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. [16] And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. [17] And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, [18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. [20] And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. [21] And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

consider this with “When He had said this, one of the officers standing nearby struck Jesus, saying, "Is that the way You answer the high priest?"”

In the above He taught openly, did He not say who He is? Did He hide “this day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears”.

John 18:23: Jesus answered him, "If I have spoken wrongly, testify of the wrong; but if rightly, why do you strike Me?"

Peter had heard what He said, yea? Earlier Christ had said “Why do you question Me? Question those who have heard what I spoke to them; they know what I said.
John 18:25: Now Simon Peter was standing and warming himself. So they said to him, "You are not also one of His disciples, are you?" He denied it, and said, "I am not."

John 18:26: One of the slaves of the high priest, being a relative of the one whose ear Peter cut off, said, "Did I not see you in the garden with Him?"

John 18:27: Peter then denied it again, and immediately a rooster crowed.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Great post. Now you are going to learn about what is called the law of the Spirit.

And be glad for that because when Jesus was on earth he commanded people to self amputate offending parts of their body. Which all of us should obey if we say we obey Jesus Christ. Be thankful that the Holy Ghost, the law of the Spirit, is not requiring that of all of us today. It is only requiring us to obey Acts 2:38 and walk in the Spirit.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post. Now you are going to learn about what is called the law of the Spirit.

And be glad for that because when Jesus was on earth he commanded people to self amputate offending parts of their body. Which all of us should obey if we say we obey Jesus Christ. Be thankful that the Holy Ghost, the law of the Spirit, is not requiring that of all of us today. It is only requiring us to obey Acts 2:38 and walk in the Spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really think God promoted amputation?
Jesus was joking?

Fact is, Jesus was making the 10 commandments impossible to follow.

He took the cards off the table that mankind was playing as an alternative to being Spirit filled and led.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He commanded you to self amputate your offending parts.

Do you know Jesus?

Why haven't you plucked your eye out for lusting?

Right, because his commandments are specifically spoken to make you fail and cry out for Grace instead.

That is why the Law was made.

That is why sacrifices were instituted in ADDITION to the Law.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was joking?

Fact is, Jesus was making the 10 commandments impossible to follow.

He took the cards off the table that mankind was playing as an alternative to being Spirit filled and led.

no I don’t think He was joking. no more than I think He was joking when He told them you must eat My flesh and drink My blood. but I don’t think He was promoting: Cannibalism, the eating of human flesh by humans. Yet He said Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. John 6:54-56

My husband and I watched this weird movie (miniseries) the other night. “Midnight Mass”. It was sickening but also at the same time eye-opening to how much we twist the Bible into a weapon of our version. Sickening because they must have quoted half the Bible and the cultish vibe of the show made me want to run from all of this. They had everything even the drinking of poison together at mass, like cults predicting the end and brainwashing others into self harm shouting “don’t fear! you will be resurrected!” Center stage was the drinking of blood which was literally used, in craving blood as an undeniable hunger that needed to eat and drink and taste. I couldn't decide if the show was promoting satanism and mocking Christians, or showing how cults are born. I’m surprised they forgot about amputation though and plucking out the eye that offends…that would have fit right in to the blood lust.

If someone followed literally the sawing off an leg or a hand, or gouging out an eye…my question is would loosing a leg, hand or eye make them any less sinless or any less prone to sinful thoughts? Personally I think the amputation is same as “you must eat My flesh and drink My blood” Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

But honestly I still want to run today from all of this because I can’t help asking “why”? Why leave it at parables or you must eat of His flesh and drink of His blood …and allow it to be twisted into thoughts of Cannibalism,
or amputation of body parts and leave it to where people form cults and persuade others to self harm in “God said” convinced they are doing the Will of God. Why leave it at such an mystery that even today the Bible is used to promote violence against others, promote leaving families, promote husband and wives at war …and no one sees it the same but everyone argues they are right. Same as the cult leaders who claim they are right. I have to ask How can God’s Word cause so much harm? I don’t understand why so much harm for the sake of “Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.”

I’m a woman and can only speak from a woman’s perspective. But I’ve felt this harm from twisted Bible verses my whole life, being instructed of what God thinks of women. And it is harmful. So I’m being serious because I was thinking last night if that is true of the Word of God …if all those verses are right the way they are promoted then God wants to do me harm and not good? Yes, that makes me want to run…but then the question is where do you run if God wants to do you harm and not good?

Last edited: