Preterism's Claim Of 70AD Fulfillment Is Silenced In One Verse, Luke 21:35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I don’t think He was joking. no more than I think He was joking when He told them you must eat My flesh and drink My blood. but I don’t think He was promoting: Cannibalism, the eating of human flesh by humans. Yet He said Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. John 6:54-56

My husband and I watched this weird movie (miniseries) the other night. “Midnight Mass”. It was sickening but also at the same time eye-opening to how much we twist the Bible into a weapon of our version. Sickening because they must have quoted half the Bible and the cultish vibe of the show made me want to run from all of this. They had everything even the drinking of poison together at mass, like cults predicting the end and brainwashing others into self harm shouting “don’t fear! you will be resurrected!” Center stage was the drinking of blood which was literally used, in craving blood as an undeniable hunger that needed to eat and drink and taste. I couldn't decide if the show was promoting satanism and mocking Christians, or showing how cults are born. I’m surprised they forgot about amputation though and plucking out the eye that offends…that would have fit right in to the blood lust.

If someone followed literally the sawing off an leg or a hand, or gouging out an eye…my question is would loosing a leg, hand or eye make them any less sinless or any less prone to sinful thoughts? Personally I think the amputation is same as “you must eat My flesh and drink My blood” Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

But honestly I still want to run today from all of this because I can’t help asking “why”? Why leave it at parables or you must eat of His flesh and drink of His blood …and allow it to be twisted into thoughts of Cannibalism,
or amputation of body parts and leave it to where people form cults and persuade others to self harm in “God said” convinced they are doing the Will of God. Why leave it at such an mystery that even today the Bible is used to promote violence against others, promote leaving families, promote husband and wives at war …and no one sees it the same but everyone argues they are right. Same as the cult leaders who claim they are right. I have to ask How can God’s Word cause so much harm? I don’t understand why so much harm for the sake of “Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.”

I’m a woman and can only speak from a woman’s perspective. But I’ve felt this harm from twisted Bible verses my whole life, being instructed of what God thinks of women. And it is harmful. So I’m being serious because I was thinking last night if that is true of the Word of God …if all those verses are right the way they are promoted then God wants to do me harm and not good? Yes, that makes me want to run…but then the question is where do you run if God wants to do you harm and not good?
Look, I am bringing this up because Jesus had a reason to tell people to self amputate. The people he was talking to thought that they could save them selves by the law of the Old Testament. He gave them deeper instructions to obey their law. That is why we saints today are not under the law. The law only condemns the sinner that doesn’t have Christ . The law justifies nobody. That is exactly why Jesus told people to do such things. He was not kidding at all. He was very serious. If a person wants to go to heaven without going through Jesus Christ they must cut off body parts. It’s a s simple as that. They have to self mutilate. Notice, this is why those that do not have the Holy Ghost such as in the Philippines or a.k.a. Roman Catholics, have them selves whipped and flogged in the streets to do penance. They are trying to self mutilate themselves. This is what I mean by organizations teaching their people to attempt to keep the 10 Commandments instead of walking in the Spirit .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anybody on this forum doubt that the law is still in effect after reading this verse?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anybody on this forum doubt that the law is still in effect after reading this verse?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Unfortunately, yes.

Many do.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I’ve felt this harm from twisted Bible verses my whole life, being instructed of what God thinks of women. And it is harmful. So I’m being serious because I was thinking last night if that is true of the Word of God …if all those verses are right the way they are promoted then God wants to do me harm and not good? Yes, that makes me want to run…but then the question is where do you run if God wants to do you harm and not good?
How would following the instruction of Gods words below bring a woman harm?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35KJV
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:11-14KJV
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it’s just biblical slang language that people used for the world that they live in just like in the verse below In verse 19

John 12:-17-19
17 Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. 18 Many people, because they had heard that he had performed this sign, went out to meet him. 19 So the Pharisees said to one another, “See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”

Obviously the whole world hadn’t gone after Jesus at that time they were just exaggerating and meaning the area that they lived in.

It’s interesting to me that you are ignoring all of the things that happened in history within the generation Jesus was talking too when He prophesied that Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed within that generation and it actually happened within that generation.

Why don’t you just believe in the dated prophecy that Jesus predicted this was one of the reasons that many believed in Jesus?

This below is a section of my Matthew 24 study

Bertrand Russell a world class philosopher and leading intellect wrote a book called why I am not a Christian.

Albert Schweitzer believed Jesus was a false prophet.

Gerald Sigal an unbelieving Jew wrote on the web site Jews for Judaism that Jesus unfulfilled his promise.

Why are these three people claiming these things ?

Because Jesus said in Mathew Ch24:34

34I tell you the truth this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened
They believe like most people that these things did not happen in that generation therefore Jesus’s prediction did not come to pass in that generation making him to be a false prophet. But history and the understanding of what the scriptures really mean in Mathew Ch 24 proves that these things did happen in that generation in 70 AD, and reveals Jesus to be who he says he is the Christ the Messiah and that He is sitting on the right hand of the Father on His thrown.

All that has absolutely NOTHING... to do with Christ's Olivet prophecy. Those are only loose speculations with no Scripture support at all. It is all opinion, and that is what some so-called churches do with Christ's Olivet discourse, simply push opinions about it WITHOUT actually addressing the very Scriptures it presents.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the power of tradition.
Yes, and the power of relationships.

So many who have close friends and family members, especially parents, who believe certain things, simply cannot break from those beliefs because it feels like breaking with those people at a heart level.

Well, in a very real sense, it is. Jesus tells us we must be willing to do that. Luke 14:26

The heart is connected at a deep level to the spirit/soul. If we cannot break ties, at that deep level, with the beliefs, and ways, of the world, we cannot truly commune with God and we remain separated from Him.

God bless all those who are struggling with this.

Reactions: Truther

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All that has absolutely NOTHING... to do with Christ's Olivet prophecy. Those are only loose speculations with no Scripture support at all. It is all opinion, and that is what some so-called churches do with Christ's Olivet discourse, simply push opinions about it WITHOUT actually addressing the very Scriptures it presents.

Well I did use and refer to scripture and plus there's the fact in history that the temple and the city was destroyed within that generation

Reactions: Waiting on him

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I did use and refer to scripture and plus there's the fact in history that the temple and the city was destroyed within that generation

Nah, you just made an unrelated quote from John 12, failing to actually address the actual Olivet discourse Scripture which is about the last days leading up to Christ's future return and gathering of His saints.

Thus in order for anyone... to claim those events Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse are past history, they then would have to deny His second coming and gathering of His saints that is written there also!

As for the "generation" He mentioned there... that is about the LAST generation, the one that will SEE His return. That is the CONTEXT there.

Matt 24:31-35
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

Verse 31 -- marks the subject being about the day of Jesus' return to gather His elect saints, NOT the 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem.

Verse 32 -- Jesus gives the parable of the fig tree as an allegory to the time of the very end of this world when His return and that gathering will happen.

Verse 33 -- Jesus shows that their seeing "all these things" is a requirement to know His return is 'at the doors', i.e., the next event.

Verse 34 -- all those things being fulfilled, includes ALL those events that happen just prior to His return, which means in the LAST generation that will SEE His return. That way... excludes the 70 A.D. generation that will not see all those signs He gave there.

Verse 35 -- that idea of heaven and earth passing away is about the events of the day of Christ's future return when the hills and mountains will be leveled, with God's consuming fire burning man's works off this earth, ending this present world age.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and the power of relationships.

So many who have close friends and family members, especially parents, who believe certain things, simply cannot break from those beliefs because it feels like breaking with those people at a heart level.

Well, in a very real sense, it is. Jesus tells us we must be willing to do that. Luke 14:26

The heart is connected at a deep level to the spirit/soul. If we cannot break ties, at that deep level, with the beliefs, and ways, of the world, we cannot truly commune with God and we remain separated from Him.

God bless all those who are struggling with this.
Yes, I realize it can be a nightmare to have to part ways with relatives that threaten to disown us over our beliefs. But sometimes you have to do it. Abraham did it and so can we.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would following the instruction of Gods words below bring a woman harm?

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

maybe could be summed up In
Yes, I realize it can be a nightmare to have to part ways with relatives that threaten to disown us over our beliefs. But sometimes you have to do it. Abraham did it and so can we.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second coming of Jesus Christ seen below, didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem

It will be a future generation that will lift up their heads and be eyewitnesses of the second coming

Luke 21:25-28KJV
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe could be summed up In
So you left your family because they followed the words of God below?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you left your family because they followed the words of God below?

no that isn’t what I meant but instead our beliefs. For instance after posting that to you I looked up cults and watched a video about a man who claims to be Jesus. He has ten thousand followers in some remote place. Listening to what they promote concerning male and females. What they teach. They all worship him as Jesus and wait for this man to appear wearing his hair long as depicted of Jesus in a white gown as he walks slowly, ascending down to his worshippers. This man claims to have written the last testament, the book he has written following after the New Testament. The interviewer climbs steps to this mans home nicer and apart from his followers and in the interview he won’t answer a direct question. The only advice given at the end of what he claims his wisdom is “do make yourself better than others.” o_OI only meant things get twisted and yea I’m confused.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no that isn’t what I meant but instead our beliefs. For instance after posting that to you I looked up cults and watched a video about a man who claims to be Jesus. He has ten thousand followers in some remote place. Listening to what they promote concerning male and females. What they teach. They all worship him as Jesus and wait for this man to appear wearing his hair long as depicted of Jesus in a white gown as he walks slowly, ascending down to his worshippers. I only meant things get twisted and yea I’m confused.
Do you believe women should be silent, subjected, as it states below?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe women should be silent, subjected, as it states below?

then I shouldn’t be talking to you, nor you to me.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to teach nor usurp authority over the man, different than talking

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. [35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1)does that mean no man should teach another mans wife? But instead let them ask their husbands at home?

2) as saith also the law …confused, where is this in the Ten Commandments(can you point me to which one?), or is it in the whole keeping of the law?

3) what of John 4:15-18 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. [16] Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. [17] The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: [18] For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

And John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, asks drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. [35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1)does that mean no man should teach another mans wife? But instead let them ask their husbands at home?

2) as saith also the law …confused, where is this in the Ten Commandments(can you point me to which one?), or is it in the whole keeping of the law?

3) what of John 4:15-18 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. [16] Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. [17] The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: [18] For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

And John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, asks drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
Keep silent in the church, if you have a question ask your husband at home

I see this forum as the market place

Usurp authority over the man, applies everwhere as I see it

For some reason God chose men to run the priesthood and not women?

For some reason the Lord chose 12 Apostles, and not Apostlettes?

If your husband permits you to be in the market place, I hope and pray you learn Gods truth

God hasn't taken 21st century classes, in political correctness or gender equality 101 yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther