Preterism's Claim Of 70AD Fulfillment Is Silenced In One Verse, Luke 21:35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 18 verse 20 Jesus Himself says He spoke openly to the world.

I do wish you’d help me solve the mystery as to who the world is?
Perhaps you could interpret (The Face Of The Whole Earth) below, smiles

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

Luke 21:35KJV
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 8:9KJV
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Why do you always avoid answering these questions what did Jesus mean by the world?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you always avoid answering these questions what did Jesus mean by the world?
Off topic John 18:21 "The World" has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of Luke 21:35, nothing

Your backed into a corner of truth, and move in "Diversion" from Gods words before your eyes, preterism's 70AD fulfillment is a farce and you know it Marty

Claims of 70AD fulfillment in Roman Soldiers And Jerusalem's destruction didnt come upon (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth) as seen in Luke 21:35 below, Preterist claims of 70AD fulfillment are silenced in this fact alone

This represents the literal future second coming of Jesus Christ, that will be seen by (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth), and Jerusalem's destruction in 70AD didnt fulfill Luke 21:35 as is clearly seen, this is a future event unfulfilled

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
uke 21:35KJV
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth

Isaiah 24:4-6 KJV
[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. [5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. [6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
this is what happened to apostate Israel just as Jesus said in Matthew 24.

Reactions: Marty fox

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof;

you don’t think this still is happening? The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eats up the inhabitants thereof …and all the people we saw in it are men of great stature. And there we saw giants …Numbers 13:32-33

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 24:4-6 KJV
[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. [5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. [6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
this is what happened to apostate Israel just as Jesus said in Matthew 24.
You should put your claim in response first, I had a hard time finding it, being jumbled together with you verses quoted

Matthew 24 represent the future Abomination of Daniel, The Great Tribulation, and the Second Coming

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

I get everyone sees it differently. I’m not sure how “for as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.” Is proof that it is still yet an futuristic event.

lest at anytime you be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, that day comes upon you unawares…
Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Unawares those men crept in … For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. [30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. (What is “to draw away disciples after them”, if not a snare? And then where do those disciples go if not out into the world? [31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. Acts 20:29-31

for a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth
Again, I don’t get how this proves what you say it proves.
Jeremiah 5:26 For among my people are found wicked men : they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.

1 Timothy 6:8-9 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. [9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
Has this as a snare come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth ?

Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Has the snare of death come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth ?

Proverbs 6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Has this as a snare come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth ?

Proverbs 29:23-26 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. [24] Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not. [25] The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.
Has pride as a snare come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth ?

Did pride, cursing, the snares of death, hurtful lust have anything to do with the destruction of the temple? Luke 19:47 And he taught daily in the temple. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy him,

John 2:18-21 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? [19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? [21] But he spake of the temple his body.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus coming in the clouds is just a sign in symbolic judgement, humans on earth really aren't seeing him

Somebody spiked the punch!

Matthew 24:30KJV
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Did Jesus really leave bodily and visibly on a cloud to ascend to heaven from mount Olive, , or is that not literal, either?

Because the angel said this same Jesus will return in like manner as you have seen Him leave:

Act 1:9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight.

Act 1:10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes,

Act 1:11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

Act 1:12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.

That means literally and visibly returning on a cloud, in the air, back to Mount Olive - which occurs in Zechariah 14:5.

And occurs in Revelation 1:7

Rev 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

And occurs in 1 Thessalonians 4:

1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

And Matthew 24:30:

Mat 24:30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

It is preposterous to claim He doesn’t literally and visibly return on a cloud exactly as He left.

Maranatha

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus really leave bodily and visibly on a cloud to ascend to heaven from mount Olive, , or is that not literal, either?

Because the angel said this same Jesus will return in like manner as you have seen Him leave:

Act 1:9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight.

Act 1:10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes,

Act 1:11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

Act 1:12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.

That means literally and visibly returning on a cloud, in the air, back to Mount Olive - which occurs in Zechariah 14:5.

And occurs in Revelation 1:7

Rev 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

And occurs in 1 Thessalonians 4:

1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

And Matthew 24:30:

Mat 24:30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

It is preposterous to claim He doesn’t literally and visibly return on a cloud exactly as He left.

Maranatha
I fully agree, I believe as you do

Jesus Christ will return literally in the heavens, and literal eyes upon earth will witness the event

Preterist claim that Matthew 24:30 below isnt a literal return, with literal human eyes on earth watching, but that seen below represents a "Symbolic" judgement upon Jerusalem in a 70AD destruction

Preposterous is a big understatement

Matthew 24:30KJV
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Reactions: Curtis

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Jesus resurrect those who pierced Him, on the earth prior to His return so that they will witness His return as stated in scripture?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do you explain those who pierced him witnessing this account?

Which tribe are you from?

I think that their eyes have rotted away by now and they are in tombs or burried under ground.

Obviously this was a first century event.

But when did this event below happen?

Revelation 6:15=17
15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

I know that most people thing that the verses above is in the future too but when did Jesus say that it will
happen?

Luke 23:26-31
26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”

Reactions: Waiting on him

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He’s God, I don’t have to explain it, or explain how god can speak the universe into existence- my job is to believe it, because the scripture plainly say it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that their eyes have rotted away by now and they are in tombs or burried under ground.

Obviously this was a first century event.

But when did this event below happen?

Revelation 6:15=17
15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

I know that most people thing that the verses above is in the future too but when did Jesus say that it will
happen?

Luke 23:26-31
26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”
One thing that's fact, the "Literal" events seen below didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem

The Heavens Will Be Rolled Together As A Scroll, "Dissolved"

Back to the drawing board of symbolic allegory in removing that seen

"The Preterist Motto"

If it dosen't fit 70AD fulfillment, remove it through symbolic allegory

Revelation 6:12-14KJV
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Isaiah 34:1-4KJV
1 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

2 Peter 3:10-11KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(This Generation) not (Your Generation)

The future generation that will be eyewitnesses of the events

What is the day and hour no man knows? (The Second Coming)

You proclaim the day and hour was revealed in 70AD, "Wrong"

Matthew 24:32
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Sorry, fail again.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus declared those whom pierced Him would witness His return.
How do you reconcile this with your fantasy eschatological professions?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus declared those whom pierced Him would witness His return.
How do you reconcile this with your fantasy eschatological professions?
Perhaps you could interpret and reconcile (The Face Of The Whole Earth) below, smiles

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this fulfillment didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim