Preterism's Claim Of 70AD Fulfillment Is Silenced In One Verse, Luke 21:35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Off topic John 18:21 "The World" has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of Luke 21:35, nothing

Your backed into a corner of truth, and move in "Diversion" from Gods words before your eyes, preterism's 70AD fulfillment is a farce and you know it Marty

Claims of 70AD fulfillment in Roman Soldiers And Jerusalem's destruction didnt come upon (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth) as seen in Luke 21:35 below, Preterist claims of 70AD fulfillment are silenced in this fact alone

This represents the literal future second coming of Jesus Christ, that will be seen by (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth), and Jerusalem's destruction in 70AD didnt fulfill Luke 21:35 as is clearly seen, this is a future event unfulfilled

Perhaps you could interpret (The Face Of The Whole Earth) below, smiles

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

Luke 21:35KJV
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 8:9KJV
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

No I don't know that at all the point is that you still haven't answered our questions and avoid them with the same repeated statement that never answered the questions.

What did Jesus and the Pharracies mean when they said the word "world"?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don't know that at all the point is that you still haven't answered our questions and avoid them with the same repeated statement that never answered the questions.

What did Jesus and the Pharracies mean when they said the word "world"?
You have been answered "Several Times", your claims otherwise are false

Perhaps you could interpret and reconcile (The Face Of The Whole Earth) below, smiles

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this fulfillment didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus declared those whom pierced Him would witness His return.
How do you reconcile this with your fantasy eschatological professions?
Literal human eyes on the earth didnt see Jesus Christ return in 70AD, recorded no place in history, Josephus Help!

Oh I forgot, this represents a judgement upon Jerusalem and isn't literal, smiles

You want to have literal human eyes in 70AD, then turn around in symbolic allegory for the rest, have your cake and eat it toooooo

Revelation 1:7KJV
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have been answered "Several Times", your claims otherwise are false

Perhaps you could interpret and reconcile (The Face Of The Whole Earth) below, smiles

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this fulfillment didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

You have never answered the questions to my knowledge and if so and we missed it please answer it again.

Was Jesus and the pharracies meaning the whole world or just their local area?

My point is that the bible uses the same words to mean different things its called symbolic language of course Genesis and Luke are talking about the whole world in their verses. The flood was over the whole world and Jesus states that death will eventually come upon the whole world we are to be ready.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have never answered the questions to my knowledge and if so and we missed it please answer it again.

Was Jesus and the pharracies meaning the whole world or just their local area?

My point is that the bible uses the same words to mean different things its called symbolic language of course Genesis and Luke are talking about the whole world in their verses. The flood was over the whole world and Jesus states that death will eventually come upon the whole world we are to be ready.
You have read my response in post #119 and you have been directly answered below, you might not like the response but this is my answer

My request, please stop future claims you haven't been answered, it's before your eyes

The Pharisees speaking represents the unsaved wicked, and their words have nothing to do with biblical truth, "the world is gone after him", they were speaking with the mouth of their father the devil, lies

John 12:19KJV
19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

Jesus Speaking To The Scribes And Pharisees

John 8:44KJV

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have read my response in post #119 and you have been directly answered below, you might not like the response but this is my answer

My request, please stop future claims you haven't been answered, it's before your eyes

The Pharisees speaking represents the unsaved wicked, and their words have nothing to do with biblical truth, "the world is gone after him", they were speaking with the mouth of their father the devil, lies

John 12:19KJV
19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

Jesus Speaking To The Scribes And Pharisees

John 8:44KJV

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

That is not an answer and only an effort to try to side step one of my two questions. I'm giving you the chance once again to answer them.

Did the pharrasiees mean that Jesus was leading the whole world astray (before fast travel phones TV and the internet) or just the local area in Israel?

Anyone reading this would understand that they meant the local area.

Now if you say that the pharrasies speaking represents the unsaved wicked and their words (whole world) have nothing to do with biblical truth then what did Jesus mean when He said that He spoke openly to the world in John 18:20? As He is biblical truth

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are the words of Jesus;
John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Now we all know that there was no technology at that time, so what does He Jesus mean when He says He spoke openly to the world?

Reactions: Marty fox

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this silly answer it was the words of your father the devil isn’t going to work.

now answer the question even if it breaks your hand to type the truth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I know for a fact the truth is in you, simply because I’ve never seen it come out of you…….. yet

Now answer the question and shame the devil.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are the words of Jesus;
John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Now we all know that there was no technology at that time, so what does He Jesus mean when He says He spoke openly to the world?
Jesus Christ spoke openly to the world, his words endure forever, John 18:20 has absolutely no relationship to Luke 21:35 below

Your trying to lay a false foundation to interpret (The Face Of The Whole Earth) ain't gonna happen

70ADFulfillment is silenced in Luke 21:35, destroyed

The event of Luke 21:35 below is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ spoke openly to the world, his words endure forever

Marty your trying to lay a false foundation to interpret (The Face Of The Whole Earth) ain't gonna happen

70ADFulfillment is silenced in Luke 21:35, destroyed

Nope fail again.

He Jesus said Wither the Jews always resort.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone reading this would understand that they meant the local area.

Now if you say that the pharrasies speaking represents the unsaved wicked and their words (whole world) have nothing to do with biblical truth then what did Jesus mean when He said that He spoke openly to the world in John 18:20? As He is biblical truth
The topic is Luke 21:35 and interpretation of the words (the face of the whole earth.)

Your claims of interpretation of (The World) in other bible chapters is off topic and a distraction, stop the games

Genesis 8:9 has the exact same words as Luke 21:35, this clear interpretation isnt local to Jerusalem as you claim, but is the entire earth

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Used to really like this guy on hear that would post years ago. He’d always say,,, those who dig a pit for others to fall into, end up in it themselves.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The topic is Luke 21:35 and interpretation of the words (the face of the whole earth.)

Your claims of interpretation of (The World) in other bible chapters is off topic and a distraction, stop the games

Genesis 8:9 has the exact same words as Luke 21:35, this clear interpretation isnt local to Jerusalem as you claim, but is the entire earth

Once again you completely avoid answering a question this time about John 18:20. I have never debated with someone who constantly avoids direct question. In debates that can't be done

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you completely avoid answering a question this time about John 18:20. I have never debated with someone who constantly avoids direct question. In debates that can't be done
Your not going to hijack the thread in distraction Marty

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let their table become a snare before them.

If you’ll read and study Gods word with an open heart He’ll show you in the Old Testament alone what the face of the whole earth implies.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let their table become a snare before them.

If you’ll read and study Gods word with an open heart He’ll show you in the Old Testament alone what the face of the whole earth implies.
Just as scripture teaches below, the entire earth, and not localized to Jerusalem