Priority of affections

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without disclosing too much, I've been allowing something that's a good thing but not God to take first place in my heart. . . this is very difficult for me because i'm a very devoted servant of God otherwise but now my thoughts are consumed with this other thing. i want to be able to enjoy this blessing of God without making it a god. Please pray for me, my heart is so heavy with this wrestling.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without disclosing too much, I've been allowing something that's a good thing but not God to take first place in my heart. . . this is very difficult for me because i'm a very devoted servant of God otherwise but now my thoughts are consumed with this other thing. i want to be able to enjoy this blessing of God without making it a god. Please pray for me, my heart is so heavy with this wrestling.
What have you changed in serving God that you did before that you're not doing now?
Example: praying, reading scripture...etc.

Reactions: marks

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What have you changed in serving God that you did before that you're not doing now?
Example: praying, reading scripture...etc.

I'm still doing all those same things. But my heart is now so towards this new affection that I notice the thoughts of my heart my inclinations and motives that were once God centered are now centered elsewhere.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still doing all those same things. But my heart is now so towards this new affection that I notice the thoughts of my heart my inclinations and motives that were once God centered are now centered elsewhere.
So this new affection is creating a rift between you and God?
I would simply pray and ask God to help you resist this temptation to put anything before Him.
He knows your heart and is a very compassionate Father.
When come to the place in your life that you have completely died to self (no longer aiming to please you) and surrender your life to Jesus and let it be all, 100%, Him that people see when they see you...then those things that easily cause you to stumble will no longer have a stronghold on your life.

Rest in Him, just rest, and let Him make the changes in your heart that needs to be changed.
God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Without going into specifics, I have said in the past that prayer and Bible study with someone can be the most effective bc method.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was typing a response to this message and then suddenly, I feel that I received a word from God for you...

You need to seek God on this matter. You need to first, and foremost, confirm that this is something in the will of God for you. If it's not, then it doesn't matter how much it makes the flesh happy, you don't want it. Essentially, you don't want anything God doesn't want for you.

If it's something God has put in your life, He will confirm it. Remember, God will never bring anything into your life that truly takes His place as #1.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..without disclosing too much, I've been allowing something that's a good thing but not God to take first place in my heart..

Don't be shy, tell us what this secret "affection" is, so that we can customize our sensational replies to suit, and hopefully help you..:)
The early Christians weren't shy about opening up-
"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." (1 Thessalonians 2:8)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Don't be shy, tell us what this secret "affection" is, so that we can customize our sensational replies to suit, and hopefully help you..:)
The early Christians weren't shy about opening up-
"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
He doesn't have to say....

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was my initial response before hearing from the Lord on the matter. I wanted to have a greater understanding of what the issue was to provide the best response; however, even though we do not know, God does. I pray for God to reveal His will to the OP.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So this new affection is creating a rift between you and God?
I would simply pray and ask God to help you resist this temptation to put anything before Him.
He knows your heart and is a very compassionate Father.
When come to the place in your life that you have completely died to self (no longer aiming to please you) and surrender your life to Jesus and let it be all, 100%, Him that people see when they see you...then those things that easily cause you to stumble will no longer have a stronghold on your life.

Rest in Him, just rest, and let Him make the changes in your heart that needs to be changed.
God Bless!
@Heart2Soul Unlike the world, the believer has the spiritual resources of the Word and prayer that can indeed be effective.

Ephesians 6 and the whole armour of God come to mind...

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but some people might think it's a gay lover who's stolen his affections..;)
That was my initial response before hearing from the Lord on the matter. I wanted to have a greater understanding of what the issue was to provide the best response; however, even though we do not know, God does. I pray for God to reveal His will to the OP.
Oh for goodness sakes it's not that

Y'all.

For real

Y'all just the internet just jumps to the nuttiest outrageous conclusion from the get go sometimes. Srsly
amber-heard-eye-roll.gif

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@SERVANTedu I gotchu

Prayers <3

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I mentioned in another thread, a woman posted in a religious forum a few years ago to ask us to pray for the success of her new partnership, so of course people started praying.
But later she admitted she'd suckered them into making fools of themselves because she and her partner were lesbians.
That's why now I'd like people to say exactly what it is they want us to pray for..:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @farouk!

I came to ask for prayer.
Honestly. I understand that I need to have my heart right, I was asking for people to intercede for me.
Heavenly Father, thank you for SERVANTedu, and his heart towards You, and I ask that you will strengthen his heart of faith and love to be centered on You alone, seeking what is Yours and not what is his, and I ask this for myself also. I ask for Jesus' sake, in His Name!

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But later she admitted she'd suckered them into making fools of themselves because she and her partner were lesbians.
I'd say the sucker was the one that chose deception and God doesn't punish the faithful for trying to do good, regardless. He understands.

But it's a prayer forum and it's probably better to not assume the worst. Especially when nothing suggests or points to such an extreme.

Sorry @SERVANTedu for interrupting your thread with this.

Consider it a mop.
I'm spring cleaning
:p

I'm done now

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States