Proof of Christ's Future Thousand Years Reign, On Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 covers the entire New Covenant era. We are presently living in the "post Christian" era where Satan is loosed to deceive the nations (= gospel falls on deaf ears) leading up to the Lord's return, any time now.

Honestly, that still doesn’t explain it. You suggest we are in the loosed season? If I understand you correctly. Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

...that he should deceive the nations no more,” till the thousand years should be fulfilled. Nations with an ‘s’. But Paul said the false prophets were already coming in. There doesn’t seem to be a time when they were not. I could see that he should not deceive those in Christ, but that is not what it says. If he is not deceiving the nations, who is?

D

Dave L

Honestly, that still doesn’t explain it. You suggest we are in the loosed season? If I understand you correctly. Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

...that he should deceive the nations no more,” till the thousand years should be fulfilled. Nations with an ‘s’. But Paul said the false prophets were already coming in. There doesn’t seem to be a time when they were not. I could see that he should not deceive those in Christ, but that is not what it says. If he is not deceiving the nations, who is?
The gospel to all nations = to the gentiles. It prevented Satan from deceiving them in that regard. Each and every person? No, Jesus said all whom the Father gave to him would come to him. But Satan is now deceiving the nations having been loosed. This makes the return of Christ and end of the world immanent.

The angel = Greek for messenger

the chain = the message (gospel); The gospel sent to the whole world.

the 1000 years = Satan bound from deceiving the elect of the nations. The saints rule over him. the 1000 years end = Satan loosed.

Note the 1000 years are not the kingdom. Satan attacks the kingdom when they end and he is loosed.

Satan loosed = the Post Christian era (we now live in = immanent return of Christ) the gospel message falls on deaf ears, the world assails the Church from all quarters ushering in the end.

“Jesus said, “This voice has not come for my benefit but for yours. Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out.” (John 12:30–31)

So in essence, Revelation 20 is a panorama of the entire New Covenant era. Not a physical kingdom of the future.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I say is based on centuries of common Christian bible knowledge. It only sounds like opinion to those who are unlearned in the scriptures.

Well, then, you are omitting that your knowledge is base on what others have said, irrespective as to whether or not it is sound at all or actually based on a relational understanding with God.

Oh well another bites the dust.

D

Dave L

Well, then, you are omitting that your knowledge is base on what others have said, irrespective as to whether or not it is sound at all or actually based on a relational understanding with God.

Oh well another bites the dust.
Right, where would you be without book learnin'? You learned what you know listening to those who read even if you do not.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The gospel to all nations = to the gentiles. It prevented Satan from deceiving them in that regard. Each and every person? No, Jesus said all whom the Father gave to him would come to him. But Satan is now deceiving the nations having been loosed. This makes the return of Christ and end of the world immanent.

The angel = Greek for messenger

the chain = the message (gospel); The gospel sent to the whole world.

the 1000 years = Satan bound from deceiving the elect of the nations. The saints rule over him. the 1000 years end = Satan loosed.

Note the 1000 years are not the kingdom. Satan attacks the kingdom when they end and he is loosed.

Satan loosed = the Post Christian era (we now live in = immanent return of Christ) the gospel message falls on deaf ears, the world assails the Church from all quarters ushering in the end.

“Jesus said, “This voice has not come for my benefit but for yours. Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out.” (John 12:30–31)

So in essence, Revelation 20 is a panorama of the entire New Covenant era. Not a physical kingdom of the future.

Dave, are you saying that Satan has already been kicked out of heaven? When did this glorious event take place in man's history, because many "Christians" do not know that it has happened yet.

In my simple understanding of the scriptures, it is still a near future event. Having said that, I am calling you out to prove your opinion based on all of the wealth of past understanding of the "church" of the saints to justify your understanding. Unless your understanding is fully supported by scripture, then I would suggest that you have been doing nothing except blowing smoke out of your a . . . and the smoke has the pungent smell about it because of its exit orifice.

D

Dave L

Dave, are you saying that Satan has already been kicked out of heaven? When did this glorious event take place in man's history, because many "Christians" do not know that it has happened yet.

In my simple understanding of the scriptures, it is still a near future event. Having said that, I am calling you out to prove your opinion based on all of the wealth of past understanding of the "church" of the saints to justify your understanding. Unless your understanding is fully supported by scripture, then I would suggest that you have been doing nothing except blowing smoke out of your a . . . and the smoke has the pungent smell about it because of its exit orifice.

“But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.” (Luke 11:20) (KJV 1900)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave, are you saying that Satan has already been kicked out of heaven? When did this glorious event take place in man's history, because many "Christians" do not know that it has happened yet

Luke 10:18
[18] And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

?

Reactions: Dave L

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[18] And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

?

That is the manner in which it is translated in our English translations. However, what Jesus said was that Satan was becoming very bight in the face, i.e. that he was becoming angry and downcast, because he was being overcome by the disciples. What Jesus said at that time has noting to do with Satan being thrown out of heaven as is described in Rev_12:7-8. The event of Satan being thrown out of heaven is a near future event that we will witness within the next 20 or so years.

Correction made to the last sentence.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the manner in which it is translated in our English translations. However, what Jesus said was that Satan was becoming very bight in the face, i.e. that he was becoming angry and downcast, because he was being overcome by the disciples. What Jesus said at that time has noting to do with Satan being thrown out of heaven as is described in Rev_12:7-8. The event of Jesus being thrown out of heaven is a near future event that we will witness within the next 20 or so years.

I’m not here to convince you. (IMO) it had everything to do with it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[18] And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. ?
This is somewhat off topic, but the words of Christ in this verse could signify two things:
(1) The disciples could rejoice that they had power over demons and evil spirits because Satan had already been cast out of the third Heaven, and therefore lost the position he had at the beginning. Satan and his evil angels were summarily dismissed from Heaven by God, and cast into the first heaven (the earth's atmosphere) when they rebelled. He is now called *the prince of the [angelic] power of the air*, but when Christ gave His disciples authority over the demons, that availed nothing.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Lk 10:19).

(2) Secondly, Christ -- in His divine foreknowledge -- could also see Satan and his evil angels cast out of the first heaven, down to earth (Rev 12), which would mean that they would have a very short time to do their evil deeds, following which they all would be cast into the Lake of Fire. But Satan would also be bound for 1,000 years before that happens, then loosed for a very short time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but when Christ gave His disciples authority over the demons, that availed nothing.

I wouldn’t be comfortable saying either could not be a possibility. I’m curious though why you said, “but when Christ gave His disciples authority over the demons, that availed to nothing.”

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

There is no physical kingdom of the future. The kingdom is now and forever on earth and in heaven. Completely fulfilled in the New Heavens and earth.

The spiritual side of it isn't hard to understand either, all one need do is sincerely study God's Word and ask Him for understanding.

Christ's spiritual Kingdom is manifest already through His many-membered body. But His Word also declared a literal, physical Kingdom on this earth over all nations and peoples, and He showed that will take place literally. He also showed in the Psalms that the earth is forever, so the coming destruction by fire upon it will cleanse its surface without turning it into an asteroid belt, just as the flood destroyed flesh man and his works off the earth in Noah's day, but the earth remained still.

The 'change' at the 'twinkling of an eye' to the "spiritual body" Apostle Paul spoke of will occur on the last day of this world, but it won't destroy the earth either, and that spiritual body will be able to live upon this earth, just as with the examples in God's Word about angels walking on this earth and eating man's food (Gen.19).

So one of the problems many brethren have today is not really understanding the manifestations to take place in the world to come after we are done with these flesh bodies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also showed in the Psalms that the earth is forever, so the coming destruction by fire upon it will cleanse its surface

Fire is already here. You said “...it will cleanse.” Preparing us for what remains. And it is. Hebrews 12:29
[29] For our God is a consuming fire.

1 Peter 4:12-13
[12] Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: [13] But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

The spiritual side of it isn't hard to understand either, all one need do is sincerely study God's Word and ask Him for understanding.

Christ's spiritual Kingdom is manifest already through His many-membered body. But His Word also declared a literal, physical Kingdom on this earth over all nations and peoples, and He showed that will take place literally. He also showed in the Psalms that the earth is forever, so the coming destruction by fire upon it will cleanse its surface without turning it into an asteroid belt, just as the flood destroyed flesh man and his works off the earth in Noah's day, but the earth remained still.

The 'change' at the 'twinkling of an eye' to the "spiritual body" Apostle Paul spoke of will occur on the last day of this world, but it won't destroy the earth either, and that spiritual body will be able to live upon this earth, just as with the examples in God's Word about angels walking on this earth and eating man's food (Gen.19).

So one of the problems many brethren have today is not really understanding the manifestations to take place in the world to come after we are done with these flesh bodies.
The physical kingdom depicted in the OT represented the spiritual kingdom of the New Covenant era. There cannot be a physical Millennium in this world. Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world. And it cannot be in the eternal world of bliss to come. The physical millennium idea has sin and death. And scripture mentions no other world besides these two.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is somewhat off topic, but the words of Christ in this verse could signify two things:
(1) The disciples could rejoice that they had power over demons and evil spirits because Satan had already been cast out of the third Heaven, and therefore lost the position he had at the beginning. Satan and his evil angels were summarily dismissed from Heaven by God, and cast into the first heaven (the earth's atmosphere) when they rebelled. He is now called *the prince of the [angelic] power of the air*, but when Christ gave His disciples authority over the demons, that availed nothing.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Lk 10:19).

(2) Secondly, Christ -- in His divine foreknowledge -- could also see Satan and his evil angels cast out of the first heaven, down to earth (Rev 12), which would mean that they would have a very short time to do their evil deeds, following which they all would be cast into the Lake of Fire. But Satan would also be bound for 1,000 years before that happens, then loosed for a very short time.

You may consider it nonsense but we have to at least consider: Psalm 74:12-14 For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. [13] Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters. [14] Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Psalm 110:5-6
[5] The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. [6] He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Revelation 17:12-14
[12] And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. [13] These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. [14] These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Reactions: Dave L

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The physical kingdom depicted in the OT represented the spiritual kingdom of the New Covenant era. There cannot be a physical Millennium in this world. Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world. And it cannot be in the eternal world of bliss to come. The physical millennium idea has sin and death. And scripture mentions no other world besides these two.

There can, and will be a millennium Kingdom on this earth in our near future, with our Lord Jesus and His elect reigning over it with a rod of iron as promised Him in Psalms 2, and promised to His elect in Revelation 2.

That rod of iron won't be for His Church, but for the unsaved nations during that time. That pointer alone is enough to show a future Millennium time after Christ's physical return to Jerusalem.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There can, and will be a millennium Kingdom on this earth in our near future, with our Lord Jesus and His elect reigning over it with a rod of iron as promised Him in Psalms 2, and promised to His elect in Revelation 2.

The only place the term “ thousand years” can be read is in Revelation 20. There, most Christians believe the one thousand years reign of Christ on earth is taught. However, I’ve read and reread Revelation 20 many, many times and nowhere does it suggests a one thousand years reign of Christ on earth is taught there.

Am I missing something? Can anybody show me...anyone?

To God Be The Glory

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only place the term “ thousand years” can be read is in Revelation 20. There, most Christians believe the one thousand years reign of Christ on earth is taught. However, I’ve read and reread Revelation 20 many, many times and nowhere does it suggests a one thousand years reign of Christ on earth is taught there.

To God Be The Glory

Then you must be blind to many other things too!

Rev 20:1-4
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as I've shown in my original post, the ONLY time that the "synagogue of Satan" will be made to bow at the feet of Christ's elect is in the world to come. They have never... bowed the knee to Christ's elect in this present world!

That point our Lord Jesus revealed there is enough to know the wicked will still exist after His second coming, and will be subdued under His "rod of iron" He is to reign with as written in Psalms 2 and Revelation 2.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 20 does not merely *suggest* a Millennium. It establishes the Millennium, by repeating "one (a) thousand years" (Gk chilia ete) SIX TIMES within seven verses. That in itself is unique, and is meant to show the naysayers that Christ will indeed have a literal Millennial Kingdom on earth in the future. So you are missing A LOT.

What amazes me is how Christians resist and fight this idea tooth and nail, and try to dismiss this as a metaphor for something else.