Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I likewise have no problem with that.

Perhaps, I was not clear. I do have a problem with the wording.....God is not this or that.

But the "Trinity" doctrine involves much more than that: specifying how the three-are-one. Throughout the years I've met folks with a dozen other different ideas on how the three-are-one (such as the one you described) but they are not Trinitarians because they don't agree with the Athanasian Creed's interpretation one how three-are-one.

That was also a point. Once WORDS accompany, such as in a CREED, as to what DEFINES and EXPLAINS God. And one may Agree God IS ONE, but does not agree in the manner in which the accompanying WORDS define and explains God.

I myself don't agree with the Athanasian's Creed in this regard, and also disagree with it's statement that having a incorrect knowledge of God somehow disqualifies a person from salvation. Salvation is not dependent on man's ability to pass a theology test.

Let us leave determining who gets salvation in God's hands, and us.

I see it causing strife, for one to say, I don't agree with this Creed or that Creed....as received in the ears of men to EQUAL, one does not believe "in ONE GOD"....which then requires one to explain....ya, ya, I believe in ONE GOD, but not in the fullness all the words in the particular Creed.

Me personally, I do not read or consider man-made Creeds. I Know Thee Lord God Almighty is ONE GOD. And know He is not THREE persons, a MATHETICAL equation, or SEPARATE from Himself.

God Bless,
Taken

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Granted, but where do you get the idea scripture is man's word when quoted?
Dave, we've had this conversation before, and it left me with the very distinct (and disturbing) impression that you worship the sinners who wrote the Creeds more than God. I am not God, and I'm not going to judge you. Still, in the spirit of charity & sanity, have no desire to repeat such a conversation/experience with you.

D

Dave L

Dave, we've had this conversation before, and it left me with the very distinct (and disturbing) impression that you worship the sinners who wrote the Creeds more than God. I am not God, and I'm not going to judge you. Still, in the spirit of charity & sanity, have no desire to repeat such a conversation/experience with you.
You must despise the teachers God placed in the church. Scripture relayed = scripture.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, I was not clear. I do have a problem with the wording.....God is not this or that.
Ah, I misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying.
I see it causing strife, for one to say, I don't agree with this Creed or that Creed....as received in the ears of men to EQUAL, one does not believe "in ONE GOD"....which then requires one to explain....ya, ya, I believe in ONE GOD, but not in the fullness all the words in the particular Creed.

Me personally, I do not read or consider man-made Creeds. I Know Thee Lord God Almighty is ONE GOD.
*thumbs up*

Reactions: Taken

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know the creed writers were sinners?
Because they were not Christ Himself.

Nor did the Creed writers even make the claims of being God's mouthpieces (prophets/apostles/etc).

Again, your idolizing of these sinners strikes me as a major violation of the First Great Commandment, and I have no desire to have this conversation with you again.

D

Dave L

Because they were not Christ Himself.

Nor did the Creed writers even make the claims of being God's mouthpieces (prophets/apostles/etc).

Again, your idolizing of these sinners strikes me as a major violation of the First Great Commandment, and I have no desire to have this conversation with you again.
Christ's words are Christ's words. And you are not able to provide one example to support your judgmental claims.

D

Dave L

All men are sinners (save Christ). The Creed writers were men, and therefore sinners.

No, John says; “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10) (KJV 1900)

So you are condemning these without the slightest evidence to back your claims.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, John says; “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10) (KJV 1900)

So you are condemning these without the slightest evidence to back your claims.
Going to repeat this one last time:

Dave, you are a sinner. I am a sinner. Mother Teresa was a sinner. The Creed writers were sinners. Besides Christ, every person that's walked the face of this Earth is a sinner. We do not belong in the throne of God. I see your love of placing sinners on that throne as being nothing but a direct violation of the First Great Commandment. It is a horrifying picture, and I pray that what I am seeing is not what really lies in your heart, a heart which only Christ can judge.

Still, in the spirit of charity & sanity, have no desire to repeat such a conversation and continue to see such a horrifying picture.

I am not placing you on "ignore".

D

Dave L

Going to repeat this one last time:

Dave, you are a sinner. I am a sinner. Mother Teresa was a sinner. The Creed writers were sinners. Besides Christ, every person that's walked the face of this Earth is a sinner. We do not belong in the throne of God. I see your love of placing sinners on that throne as being nothing but a direct violation of the First Great Commandment. It is a horrifying picture, and I pray that what I am seeing is not what really lies in your heart, a heart which only Christ can judge.

Still, in the spirit of charity & sanity, have no desire to repeat such a conversation and continue to see such a horrifying picture.

I am not placing you on "ignore".
I don't understand how teachers in the church cause such a problem for those who know the truth when they hear it. Do you go by visions, prophecies, tongues and interpretation? Everyone seems OK with these, not genuinely available today. But mention scripture, and panic ensues.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying.

*thumbs up*

IMO ~ It can get to ridiculousness and foolishness of men trying to Explain God beyond Scripture.

There is no confounding in Scripture....
God is ONE God,
God's SPIRIT Comes Forth out from Him,
Gods WORD Comes Forth out from Him.

We are all familiar with the umpteen NAMES God is called, Specific to the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

As well we are all familiar with the POLITICALY "correctness" of separating a MANS BODY from his own Word...ie attack his words, not his body.....because they are NOT the same.

Men do the same thing with GOD; Trying to separate His Body from His Word....as well from His Spirit.....but yet, eh It's all "really" ONE....Then why not just say "really" ONE GOD, who communicates with His Word and effects things with His Power ?

And BTW, God gives Himself numerous Names and Titles......humm, so do men...but yet it does not make ONE man, MULTIPLE PEOPLE.

Daddy, Mr. Jones, Employer, Boss, CEO, Honey, Husband, Jimmy, Employee, Executive, Lawyer, Doctor, President, Dean, blah, blah, blah....

Could ALL apply to ONE man, but yet NOT all other people would CALL that ONE man, by the same NAMES or TITLES.

Just sayin it gets funky when MEN try to separate God, then wonder why it is a condunrum to the World at large confused by such teaching of ONE GOD, who appears as THREE "separate" gods.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know the creed writers were sinners?

Basic Scriptural Knowledge...

All terrestrial earthly natural born men are born in sin and have committed sin.
THAT IS A SINNER.

Can you judge them by anything they said?

I can't because I do not read what THEY wrote.
I don't CONSIDER spending my time READING their writings ...
BECAUSE, I already HAVE the PERFECT Word of God, and choose to spend my TIME in reading the Absolute TRUTH.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

Basic Scriptural Knowledge...

All terrestrial earthly natural born men are born in sin and have committed sin.
THAT IS A SINNER.

I can't because I do not read what THEY wrote.
I don't CONSIDER spending my time READING their writings ...
BECAUSE, I already HAVE the PERFECT Word of God, and choose to spend my TIME in reading the Absolute TRUTH.

Glory to God,
Taken
But those who are born again are not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
("The Father is NOT the Son.
The Father is NOT the Holy Spirit.
The Father is God.
The Son is NOT the Father.
The Son is NOT the Holy Spirit.
The Son is God.
The Holy Spirit is NOT the Father.
The Holy Spirit is NOT the Son.
The Holy Spirit is God.")

The creed is faithful for the most part.

The Father is not the Son; but the Son is the Father. Because the Father became the Son.

If you keep reading your Bible you will see it, I know you will; especially if you receive the Holy Ghost who is promised absolutely to them who are baptized in Jesus' name.