Proof that Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. (1 Peter3:8)

He was not sinful but rather a sinless and righteous one who condemned sin in the flesh. How" He fulfilled the Mosaic Law. “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill." (Matthew 5:17) Once fulfilled we can accept
his sacrifice. A sinful man cannot fulfil the law for it condemns.

(Romans 8:1) explains that 'those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation.'
(Romans 8:2) For the law of the spirit that gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all, as I never advocated for that heretical doctrine. You simply pulled out the strawman again. Therefore, since I never advocated for, I never need to look for any texts to support the heresy.

Because you use trinitarian arguments
Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. Think about it. Jesus is "God" (John 1:1c), and sent by "God" (John 1:1b; whom the Son was with in the beginning), who was His Father, as Prophet for the Father (Acts 3:22-23).

Jesus is God sent by God you claim. I don't see you giving a witness that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16) If Jesus was begotten then he was begotten by the God who Always Existed.

The Father always existed, the Word came into existence by being begotten. That means he was brought forth and came 'to be' eimi “For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,” (Acts 27:23)

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only reason he was mortal was by choice. By taking upon Himself human nature, deity became a mortal man.

The deity and/or divinity of Christ is not dependant upon a theological construct of man. Jesus was His Father's only begotten Son.... Who was sent from the Father's side to become our Savior through His taking upon Himself the fallen human nature of mankind. God's own declaration that"this is My Son" , Peters declaration "thou art the Son", is all the evidence one needs to Christs Divine nature. A literal Son of God has the same nature and the same attributes of God.

Until you try and define each.

We are adopted sons. Angels are created sons. Christ was begotten.
But being adopted affords mankind with unbelievable privileges. We can partake of the divine nature and become like Christ... In fact that is our calling... To be recreated in they image of God.
If you want to define body, soul and spirit, all we need to do is look at ourselves, for we are indeed a tripartite being, while being ONE person. While I am here I can be with you in spirit, but invisible to you, as I am now.

Without the flesh, neither our soul nor spirit would exist. Our Body is our home and our Heavenly Father had His home here on earth in the flesh. To reject "God with us" is to separate ourselves from the creator, to our eternal damnation.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can grasp that taking the form of a servant means that one is not a servant.

That’s not what Isaiah 52 & 53 say. Nor is it what Jesus says. Jesus said he did not come to be served but to serve.

Jesus also said God is greater than he, knows more than he, sent him, told him what to say, raised him from the dead and gave him revelation. All of which prove Jesus is not God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following your logic, Jesus was not a servant then? ("the form of a servant" which parallels "the form of God")?

False Alternative. Where do you get the idea that a non-servant must be God?

As this thread goes on, the desperate illogical claims get worse and worse of advocates of the man is God thesis.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. (1 Peter3:8)

He was not sinful but rather a sinless and righteous one who condemned sin in the flesh. How" He fulfilled the Mosaic Law. “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill." (Matthew 5:17) Once fulfilled we can accept
his sacrifice. A sinful man cannot fulfil the law for it condemns.

(Romans 8:1) explains that 'those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation.'
(Romans 8:2) For the law of the spirit that gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
I never said Jesus sinned. I gave the text of Romans to show the flesh nature (fallen sinful flesh) that He took upon Himself as He lived as a man on this earth. I asked about "flesh", not 'spirit/mind/heart'.

I ask you again.

What flesh of mankind do you say Jesus had?, fallen sinful flesh or unfallen?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry. I got distracted when U wrote this. I meant to type: False Alternative. Jesus was a man. There is only one type of flesh nature.
No, actually. There is two kinds. Adam's before he sinned (unfallen), and Adam's after he sinned (fallen sinful).

I am asking which do you believe or teach Jesus had, while He walked as a man on this earth? Fallen sinful flesh or unfallen?

The question is simple. Why dodge?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Sad and desperate assertion that a verse that does not even have Jesus in it is evidence of Jesus’ nature.
You are saying the "Word" is not "Jesus", even though the context of John 1 itself reveals that He is?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Consider also:

Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev_3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I suppose you are denying that these texts clearly reveal that Jesus (who has many names), is called "the Word"?

Reactions: Brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True of all first born children - until other children are begotten. Begotten is proof Jesus is, like us, a created being.
As I showed before, "monogenes" (a compound koine Greek word) has nothing to do with 'time' in relation to the Father to the Son's nature, or even being born (first, last or other) or creation. It simply means "mono" (one, singular, same) "genes" (nature, which of itself, devoid of context doesn't deal with time). In the context of Jesus, it means He shares the same nature of the Father (eternal Deity, even from eternity) from which He has that nature, and in fact Romans 11:17 uses the related word (a verb, "εγενου"), for "partakest" (a meaning listed even by Strong's), meaning to 'share of'. In other places, that root word, can mean simply 'existing' (being present), see Mark 9:33; Luke 22:44; James 1:25; 1 Peter 1:7, 5:3.

The word "first born", while it can mean first to be born in some contexts, as used in other contexts in scripture, has nothing to do with 'time', but rather 'pre-eminence' (position) (texts upon request).

The only thing 'created' about Jesus, is the flesh of His humanity (law of heredity; see Acts 3:25; Galatians 3:16; Hebrews 2:16; Romans 1:3), for He already existed prior to that event:

Gal_4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

(Did you notice that the Son was sent (in time), before He was "made of a woman", which came after the sending from the Father in Heaven?)

Psa 40:6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

Heb_10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True of all first born children - until other children are begotten. Begotten is proof Jesus is, like us, a created being.
Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I'm going to speak straight with you. Because you think you were redeemed by the shedding of the blood of a mere man, then you have a very reduced and misunderstood perspective of the love of God, and therefore little appreciation of what the gospel entails, and the actual sacrifice the Father made in giving His only begotten Son to save you.

Reactions: Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have an example of that working in scripture in the human sense?
For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. (Colossians 2:5 KJV)

My commentary says: "Paul rejoices as he sees (in spirit though not in body) how the Colossians were standing true to the word of God."

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I'm going to speak straight with you. Because you think you were redeemed by the shedding of the blood of a mere man, then you have a very reduced and misunderstood perspective of the love of God, and therefore little appreciation of what the gospel entails, and the actual sacrifice the Father made in giving His only begotten Son to save you.
What you said is true.

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:23-24 KJV)

No 'man' can say what Jesus said.

Reactions: Brakelite

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Pharisees had no understanding:

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13 KJV)

The duality of Jesus. God came down in the APPEARANCE of man. Their eyes need opening.

This is GOD with us. God is ONE tripartite being, body, soul and spirit, we are made in His image.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. (Colossians 2:5 KJV)

My commentary says: "Paul rejoices as he sees (in spirit though not in body) how the Colossians were standing true to the word of God."
That doesn't support the commonly held conviction though that the "spirit" of man is an independent sentient being though, which is what I assumed you were arresting when you started that man has a "tripartite" nature... Body, soul, spirit. Which further suggests that though the body dies, you would claim the spirit continues to live as a thinking feeling touching smelling speaking being right?

Status
Not open for further replies.