Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What if it is a noxious weed?
i'm going to assume you meant "what if it is labelled a noxious weed?" here and say that then one would not be able to make the associations that Scripture intended, for many reasons. Weeds are things that we do not cultivate, that fight with our ornamentals; darnel is psychoactive and requires human cultivation to survive, just for starters. Mandrakes we'll leave for another day, but suffice it to say that Christians get altered states all wrong bc they are on a steady diet of tares, and if one went and took some literal tares they would surely stop calling them weeds

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I had a couple of young Mormon girls here once, but I had met them prior to moving and was able to call and advise them of our new address. But when their mission time ended they went home. Since then with my wife's especially poor health and my own occasional health difficulties I have never seriously considered arranging any more visits. On top of that my old pastor depends heavily on me. We keep on thinking he'll pass from this life soon, but he holds on and continues ministering. At 93 he has been a widower for 6 years and is very frail but God isn't finished with him yet. It will honestly be a relief when the extra burden on me is gone even though I love that old man.

As for other online contacts, thank you but I must pass. I belong to many online Christian forums now as I have never quit a forum in the many years I've been on the Internet. Helen [@"ByGrace" ] has known me on a few of them for better than 10 years. But most of them of course I rarely visit anymore or some may no longer exist. Thank you for your kindness.
what was your handle at GNC amadeus?
you aren't Paw bac?

D

Dave L

I would guess that the religious leaders of the Jews in the time Jesus walked as a man in Jerusalem considered him effectively a member of a cult for his "heresies".

I haven't belonged to any church group since leaving formal Catholicism that was not considered a cult by someone. If we have to walk it alone as Jesus was willing to do here...:

"... Will ye also go away? " John 6:67

would that make us wrong? Jesus certainly was not wrong.
I have the same basic experience as you. Only I clawed my way out of today's popular religion thinking the truth doesn't change. So I began looking at the strain of truth common to all churches in the creeds. Rejecting their added denominational biases. Without this, I had nothing but the lens of whatever church I attended to look at scripture through. Of course the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth, but we need to be exposed to it before He can sort it out for us.

Reactions: amadeus

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any bible study books or study bibles? Creeds are no different. You benefit from some and reject others. But to lump them all together and shun them doesn't make sense.

Do you know who the Methodists, early Baptists, Presbyterians, and Reformed identify as Antichrist? It's all there. And if they are right, most today are barking up the wrong tree.
Except if somebody disagrees with a study tool, no one accuses them of "not knowing their Bible" or denies their relationship with Christ.

Which is a pretty huge difference.

How about instead of looking for approval by the popular vote of sinners, we instead look towards God?

D

Dave L

Except if somebody disagrees with a study tool, no one accuses them of "not knowing their Bible" or denies their relationship with Christ.

Which is a pretty huge difference.

How about instead of looking for approval by the popular vote of sinners, we instead look towards God?
Creeds are books subject to error. But Christendom universally agrees if any church does not embrace the doctrine of the Trinity, and the Deity of Christ they are a cult.

Do you believe the Trinity doctrine? The Deity of Christ?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creeds are books subject to error. But Christendom universally agrees if any church does not embrace the doctrine of the Trinity, and the Deity of Christ they are a cult.
Jane says "How about instead of looking for approval by the popular vote of sinners, we instead look towards God?"
Dave immediately refers back to the popular vote of sinners.
Jane bangs her head on the table, think that is being very pointless.

No, I don't deny the deity of Christ, and no I don't look to the popular vote of sinners for Truth. God commands me to have no other gods before Him.

D

Dave L

Jane says "How about instead of looking for approval by the popular vote of sinners, we instead look towards God?"
Dave immediately refers back to the popular vote of sinners.
Jane bangs her head on the table, think that is being very pointless.

No, I don't deny the deity of Christ, and no I don't look to the popular vote of sinners for Truth. God commands me to have no other gods before Him.
How about the trinity? Do you agree with this doctrine?

D

Dave L

You're deflecting once again.

Why do you place the popular vote of sinners above Christ? Are you too not commanded to have no Gods before Him?
This is important. If you do not believe the trinity doctrine is true, it explains a lot why you would hate historic Christian truth so much.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is important. If you do not believe the trinity doctrine is true, it explains a lot why you would hate historic Christian truth so much.
Stop deflecting. I will answer your question after you actually answer mine.

Why do you place the popular vote of sinners above Christ? Are you too not commanded to have no Gods before Him?
The reason I'm saying that your placing the popular vote of sinners above Christ:
-You comments of essentially: if a person study God's Words and prays to Him, and comes to a disagreement with manmade documents, then you automatically assume they know neither scripture nor God. This stance places the men who made those documents above God's Word and God Himself.
- You constant referral back to popular vote for authority and lack of talking about God & His Words.

D

Dave L

The reason I'm saying that your placing the popular vote of sinners above Christ:
-You comments of essentially: if a person study God's Words and prays to Him, and comes to a disagreement with manmade documents, then you automatically assume they know neither scripture nor God. This stance places the men who made those documents above God's Word and God Himself.
- You constant referral back to popular vote for authority and lack of talking about God & His Words.
If you do not believe the trinity doctrine, it explains why you resist the creeds so vehemently.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not believe the trinity doctrine, it explains why you resist the creeds so vehemently.
Once again you actions here are deflection, refusing and/or inability to answer basic questions about your beliefs.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

he obviously can't hear you Jane

D

Dave L

Once again you actions here are deflection, refusing and/or inability to answer basic questions about your beliefs.
You complain that I do not answer questions. That's OK but you think you need not answer my one single question. "Do you believe the trinity doctrine is true?"