Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I found is that once indoctrinated, it's hard to interpret scripture apart from that bias. I had to see what other believers were saying and why. This led to a study of the creeds and theology. But the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth once exposed to it. But reading the bible alone is good if you haven't been contaminated by doctrinal error already. And you feel further understanding of the truth will not make you more free.
We have all been contaminated by something if we have lived on planet Earth according to our own ways instead of God's. It is not only the sin that must be removed but also the ways and habits we have developed that will lead us to sin again... even after we have met the Master. We continue to need His help.

D

Dave L

We have all been contaminated by something if we have lived on planet Earth according to our own ways instead of God's. It is not only the sin that must be removed but also the ways and habits we have developed that will lead us to sin again... even after we have met the Master. We continue to need His help.
So do you believe the trinity doctrine?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the Trinity doctrine? The Deity of Christ?

Scripture itself teaches the Baptism of the Lord Jesus, is BY the authority of the Lord Jesus. Acts 10:48

Men were directed to Baptize, willing men, unto the Lord Jesus, IN the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Matt 28:19

Scripture itself teaches;
God is Spirit
The Spirit is Power.
The Power is Christ.
Christ is the Son.
The Son is God with us.
Men who saw the Son, saw the Father.

Son, Father, Holy Spirit ARE THEE ONE GOD.
Lord (Son), God (Father), Almighty (Power).

Men have invented a ONE WORD TERM, when refering to the all inclusive Fullness of:
THEE "Lord God Almighty"

Tri- a prefix meaning THREE
Unity - a term meaning joined ONE WHOLE

No one has a copyright on the TERM "Trinity".

No one MUST use the TERM "Trinity" in reference to the WHOLE of God.

Scripture itself REVEALS to us the Acceptable "TITLE" of THEE WHOLE of the Heavenly God;

REVELATIONS 4:8; Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 11:17 Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 15:3 Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 16:7 Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 21:22 Lord God Almighty

And not ONCE is a man-made "CREED" or "TRINITY" mentioned.

Jesus' Doctrine IS sufficient.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the Trinity doctrine? The Deity of Christ?
You hit others without success on this. Do you suppose my answer will change anything?
The only time I ever embraced the Trinity doctrine was when I was a sincere but very ignorant Catholic who thought he knew a lot. Now I know enough to recognize there are so many gaps in my knowledge.

Jesus spoke of the two greatest commandments:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:37-40

Is knowledge of the nature of God contained in those two commandments as a something we must know for some reason? I really don't believe so and while it may be a good thing to know something about the nature of God, how essential is it to our pleasing Him?

No, I haven't been even a wishy washy trinitarian since I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976.

If there is a Trinity then there must also be a Multiplicity if Jesus' prayer is at least the "fervent prayer of a righteous man" which avails much [ James 5:16 ].

Consider his prayer here:

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:20-23

As to the deity of Jesus I consider what these verses say:

"Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" Heb 1:4-8

And then also consider what Joseph became to Pharaoh in Egypt:

Was not Jesus is at least as much God to his Father as Joseph was god to Pharaoh?

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

You hit others without success on this. Do you suppose my answer will change anything?
The only time I ever embraced the Trinity doctrine was when I was a sincere but very ignorant Catholic who thought he knew a lot. Now I know enough to recognize there are so many gaps in my knowledge.

Jesus spoke of the two greatest commandments:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:37-40

Is knowledge of the nature of God contained in those two commandments as a something we must know for some reason? I really don't believe so and while it may be a good thing to know something about the nature of God, how essential is it to our pleasing Him?

No, I haven't been even a wishy washy trinitarian since I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976.

If there is a Trinity then there must also be a Multiplicity if Jesus' prayer is at least the "fervent prayer of a righteous man" which avails much [ James 5:16 ].

Consider his prayer here:

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:20-23

As to the deity of Jesus I consider what these verses say:

"Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" Heb 1:4-8

And then also consider what Joseph became to Pharaoh in Egypt:

Was not Jesus is at least as much God to his Father as Joseph was god to Pharaoh?

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40
You admit do not believe in the trinity. Thanks for the honest answer. No further time wasted on discussing the creeds.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the trinity?
Dave, you do realize that you're going around asking everyone "do you accept this manmade document as having the same authority God's Words?"

How instead we focus on talking about God's Words?
Many people on here do not accept man's words as being of equal authority and that does NOT degrade their standings as Christians. So let's instead focus on the things that matter (God's Words).

Reactions: Helen and amadeus
D

Dave L

Scripture itself teaches the Baptism of the Lord Jesus, is BY the authority of the Lord Jesus. Acts 10:48

Men were directed to Baptize, willing men, unto the Lord Jesus, IN the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Matt 28:19

Scripture itself teaches;
God is Spirit
The Spirit is Power.
The Power is Christ.
Christ is the Son.
The Son is God with us.
Men who saw the Son, saw the Father.

Son, Father, Holy Spirit ARE THEE ONE GOD.
Lord (Son), God (Father), Almighty (Power).

Men have invented a ONE WORD TERM, when refering to the all inclusive Fullness of:
THEE "Lord God Almighty"

Tri- a prefix meaning THREE
Unity - a term meaning joined ONE WHOLE

No one has a copyright on the TERM "Trinity".

No one MUST use the TERM "Trinity" in reference to the WHOLE of God.

Scripture itself REVEALS to us the Acceptable "TITLE" of THEE WHOLE of the Heavenly God;

REVELATIONS 4:8; Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 11:17 Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 15:3 Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 16:7 Lord God Almighty
REVELATIONS 21:22 Lord God Almighty

And not ONCE is a man-made "CREED" or "TRINITY" mentioned.

Jesus' Doctrine IS sufficient.

Glory to God,
Taken
So you do not believe the doctrine of the trinity. This explains everything, no further discussion of the creeds necessary.

D

Dave L

Dave, you do realize that you're going around asking everyone "do you accept this manmade document as having the same authority God's Words?"

How instead we focus on talking about God's Words?
Many people on here do not accept man's words as being of equal authority and that does NOT degrade their standings as Christians. So let's instead focus on the things that matter (God's Words).
If people reject the information contained in the doctrine of the trinity, they redefine God (Jesus) apart from scripture.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people reject the information contained in the doctrine of the trinity, they redefine God (Jesus) apart from scripture.
Apart from scripture?
Or apart from manmade documents?

The first one is everything. The second... not so much.

D

Dave L

Apart from scripture?

How do you describe the Godhead to others? Do you quote scripture and hope they will see it for themselves. Or do you have them notice certain things, helping them to see it?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you describe the Godhead to others? Do you quote scripture and hope they will see it for themselves. Or do you have them notice certain things, helping them to see it?
1) use God's Words
2) pray to the Holy Spirit that He guide me and may witness to them
3) do my best to be a good disciple of Christ
4) use my eyes and ears to see & hear the person I'm talking to, and make it clear that I do see/hear/love them.

Never in here do I substitute God's Words for manmade documents. Never do I substitute God for manmade documents.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apart from scripture?

Unfortunately our friend @Dave L along with so many others reads the scripture often in search of support for what he already believe in some areas instead of what God may have for them NOW in any area. I've done the same thing too many times to miss this. God showed me this problem in me long ago.

I do not have all the answers, but I must continue to grow closer to God. We all must, but when we talk to God and hold back anything at all as unchangeable for us, we do, I believe, limit God. He has allowed us to do that with regard to our choices. This is what men call "free will", the right to choose ways other than God's Way and to decide finally what God's Way is without listening carefully to Him every time we talk to Him. These talks need to be often... would anyone believe..."without ceasing"?

Within me... "He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you do not believe the doctrine of the trinity. This explains everything, no further discussion of the creeds necessary.

I believe in Jesus' Doctrine;
I believe in Jesus' Revelation;
The heavenly God is Thee Lord God Almighty.

If that is not your belief....Okie Dokie.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Jane_Doe22
D

Dave L

Unfortunately our friend @Dave L along with so many others reads the scripture often in search of support for what he already believe in some areas instead of what God may have for them NOW in any area. I've done the same thing too many times to miss this. God showed me this problem in me long ago.

I do not have all the answers, but I must continue to grow closer to God. We all must, but when we talk to God and hold back anything at all as unchangeable for us, we do, I believe, limit God. He has allowed us to do that with regard to our choices. This is what men call "free will", the right to choose ways other than God's Way and to decide finally what God's Way is without listening carefully to Him every time we talk to Him. These talks need to be often... would anyone believe..."without ceasing"?

Within me... "He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30
What you say about me is not true. I study the scriptures daily using commentaries and creeds for opinions and nothing more. If it hits home with the witness of the Spirit I add it to my knowledge base.

D

Dave L

I believe in Jesus' Doctrine;
I believe in Jesus' Revelation;
The heavenly God is Thee Lord God Almighty.

If that is not your belief....Okie Dokie.

Glory to God,
Taken
Incomplete without the trinity.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I study the scriptures daily using commentaries and creeds for opinions and nothing more.
We're on page 22 of a thread wherein your posts keep testifying the exact opposite of that: you placing manmade documents higher than Gods Words.