Prophecy Alert: "The Fig Tree Generation"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you an Aussie without a sense of humour? Or do you live in a very mountainous region when many major watershed ranges are under 200 m above sea level. I crossed one the other year which was only 176 m high. Now the island we both live on has a relatively flat earth countryside appearance. It average elevation is less than 300 m.

I asked you where you lived. A region or locality
will be fine.
I also told you that I live north of a strip of land which was going to be eroded along its watery edge by a wind storm out in the pacific.

Now is that just getting plain stupid or can I assume that you have no funny bone?.
Well AU might be mostly flat, didnt realize that is what you where discussing, my apologies, it was a drastic change in subject. Central Coast. Only home because doctors, you know the getting old thingy. I think Mt Canobolas is the highest point between NSW and Perth 4,583 ft, World will probably end before you get flooded.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not here to argue with people who read and study too much, all I know is Christ is coming and the world is placed for the final showdown, I have known for a few years now that I will be around for His return, and everything right now is pointing to that, and I will continue to pray Christ Come, come quickly the world needs you.
I'm sorry, but this, to me, sounds a little nonsensical. As Christians, our faith is based, largely, upon the information we have in the bible. Of course the truth and reality is beyond what is on the page, but we are told about it in scripture. We do not learn about this by osmosis, but by reading and studying God's word. We are called to do this by the one who sent it to us.
So, to say you are not here to argue with people who read or study too much...and then say you have some kind of 'secret' knowledge about Christ's return...
Well...do you see the problem here...?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you an Aussie without a sense of humour? Or do you live in a very mountainous region when many major watershed ranges are under 200 m above sea level. I crossed one the other year which was only 176 m high. Now the island we both live on has a relatively flat earth countryside appearance. It average elevation is less than 300 m.

I asked you where you lived. A region or locality
will be fine.
I also told you that I live north of a strip of land which was going to be eroded along its watery edge by a wind storm out in the pacific.

Now is that just getting plain stupid or can I assume that you have no funny bone?.
I can't speak for mjrhealth...but for me...Aussie or not, it has nothing to do with having a sense of humour (or lack there of), and everythimg to do with the fact that your last several posts have been nonsensical....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, but this, to me, sounds a little nonsensical. As Christians, our faith is based, largely, upon the information we have in the bible. Of course the truth and reality is beyond what is on the page, but we are told about it in scripture. We do not learn about this by osmosis, but by reading and studying God's word. We are called to do this by the one who sent it to us.
So, to say you are not here to argue with people who read or study too much...and then say you have some kind of 'secret' knowledge about Christ's return...
Well...do you see the problem here...?
Actually if you get around to giving God just 5 minutes and start asking Him lots of questions, than the bible takes on a whole new light, and I will never ever ever ever ever put the bible before our Living God who listens and talks to His children.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually if you get around to giving God just 5 minutes and start asking Him lots of questions, than the bible takes on a whole new light, and I will never ever ever ever ever put the bible before our Living God who listens and talks to His children.
I didn't suggest you put the bible 'before' God. But if you're not being careful to be guided by his word and using it to grow in a knowledge of who he is and what it is he wants you to know, then anything you 'hear' from that voice is in danger of being corrupted. There is more than one Spirit and our own natures tend to corrupt. But holding things against his unchanging Word we are able to be sure the voice we hear is from God and him alone.
But, you know, if you want to put your bible aside and listen to whatever happens to be whispering to you, go right ahead....even if it tells you things that don't appear in scripture. I'm sure it's something you can rely on.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't speak for mjrhealth...but for me...Aussie or not, it has nothing to do with having a sense of humour (or lack there of), and everythimg to do with the fact that your last several posts have been nonsensical....

Well then what part of the AU landscape do you walk over then when you leave your abode.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well AU might be mostly flat, didnt realize that is what you where discussing, my apologies, it was a drastic change in subject. Central Coast. Only home because doctors, you know the getting old thingy. I think Mt Canobolas is the highest point between NSW and Perth 4,583 ft, World will probably end before you get flooded.

Sorry, I was getting board with the subject matter and needed a diversion before going crazy reading all of the so called scholars who read and express their opinions but do not necessarily understand.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't suggest you put the bible 'before' God. But if you're not being careful to be guided by his word and using it to grow in a knowledge of who he is and what it is he wants you to know, then anything you 'hear' from that voice is in danger of being corrupted. There is more than one Spirit and our own natures tend to corrupt. But holding things against his unchanging Word we are able to be sure the voice we hear is from God and him alone.
But, you know, if you want to put your bible aside and listen to whatever happens to be whispering to you, go right ahead....even if it tells you things that don't appear in scripture. I'm sure it's something you can rely on.
I ask Him and He answers and that is how I know Him, and there are a lot of other things that few know of, so I know I a min the right place. To put it as Paul put it,

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

there is no ten question of the bible to enter in to heaven, and there are many to whom can quote it in 5 different languages to whom He will say, I never knew you".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, I was getting board with the subject matter and needed a diversion before going crazy reading all of the so called scholars who read and express their opinions but do not necessarily understand.
Ye dont blame you, but it was a curve ball, and I missed it,

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think Christ is not going to return until 1,050 yrs. have passed, I'd say you're the one that needs to go back to the basics. Step 1 would be in understanding there is no such thing as a "year for a day" principle, that's an SDA fallacy.

Reactions: Keraz

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you think Christ is not going to return until 1,050 yrs. have passed, I'd say you're the one that needs to go back to the basics. Step 1 would be in understanding there is no such thing as a "year for a day" principle, that's an SDA fallacy.

Are you just posting an opinion or can you justify your understanding from scripture.

I presented a scriptural basis, for why I was suggesting that @mjrhealth would be a really old man before the Second Advent of Christ, out of which the "around" 1,050 years dropped out of the calculations when they were done. However, the Daniel principle of a day for a year has been used for many years and even Bishop Ussher, 1581-1656 used this same principle when he calculated his Chronology of the Old Testament, well before the SDA appeared on the scene.

It is also the reason why I am able to suggest that the end of this present age will occur in around another 25 years time, with the Judgement of the nations at Armageddon occurring around then.

Can you present the biblical justification for another understanding?

Shalom

D

Dave L

If Jesus and the Church are biblical Israel, and the unbelieving Jews removed until any accept Christ and are grafted back into Israel, why all the focus on the secular state of Israel in the Middle East? As though they own the promises God made to Abraham. Paul says the ALL the promises are YES in Christ.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you just posting an opinion or can you justify your understanding from scripture.

I presented a scriptural basis, for why I was suggesting that @mjrhealth would be a really old man before the Second Advent of Christ, out of which the "around" 1,050 years dropped out of the calculations when they were done. However, the Daniel principle of a day for a year has been used for many years and even Bishop Ussher, 1581-1656 used this same principle when he calculated his Chronology of the Old Testament, well before the SDA appeared on the scene.

It is also the reason why I am able to suggest that the end of this present age will occur in around another 25 years time, with the Judgement of the nations at Armageddon occurring around then.

Can you present the biblical justification for another understanding?

Shalom

It's easy really, for something to become a "principle" which is a fundamental truth or law then every single time the word day is used in a prophecy it would have to mean a 1000 yrs. If there is one time when the word "day" does NOT mean a thousand years, then it can NOT be considered a principle, thus each prophecy should be judged on its own merits individually and not collectively. For example, every time the phrase, "that day", "the day of the Lord" is used, it would have to be the last 1000 yrs. but we know that is not the case. Jesus was in the grave for 3 literal days, NOT 3000 yrs.! Just because a belief has been in error for 500 yrs. doesn't make it true. There are a lot of long time false beliefs out there. The SDA's have made insignificant events and have had to lean on questionable symbolism to force them into being fulfillments of prophecies when they are not.

Reactions: marks

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus and the Church are biblical Israel, and the unbelieving Jews removed until any accept Christ and are grafted back into Israel, why all the focus on the secular state of Israel in the Middle East? As though they own the promises God made to Abraham. Paul says the ALL the promises are YES in Christ.

The church is not "biblical" Israel, we are a spiritual Israel. God still has a plan for national Israel but He does so on the basis of the 144,000 believing remnant accepting Christ as savior.

D

Dave L

The church is not "biblical" Israel, we are a spiritual Israel. God still has a plan for national Israel but He does so on the basis of the 144,000 believing remnant accepting Christ as savior.
If so, why does Paul say the broken off from Israel will be grafted back in through faith in Christ? Something you need to understand is circumcision made one a physical member of Israel, not blood. And when Jesus abolished circumcision, when that last generation died off, they all became gentiles. And they are not biblical Israel in the least.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not true Dave, the circumcision was the sign that a gentile was converting to Judaism. Yes, God instituted circumcision but not to make one a true Israelite. The purpose was to remind Israel of God's faithfulness and began after God made his promise of a son to Abraham. It was not restricted to Israel as many other eastern nations practiced it as well. (Jer. 9:25-26) Some historians believe that Egypt exercised it before Israel became a nation of slaves. In Joshua 5:2, 9 the men were commanded to get re-circumcised to "roll away the reproach of Egypt". In closing, half the nation of Israel was female, yet they were not circumcised and were considered true Israelites.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not here to argue with people who read and study too much, all I know is Christ is coming and the world is placed for the final showdown, I have known for a few years now that I will be around for His return, and everything right now is pointing to that, and I will continue to pray Christ Come, come quickly the world needs you.

Me to. Can you tell me/us How or why you believe that? My story/ experience was told and discuss here.The holy spirit told me I would be alive when Jesus returned.
End time predictions

Last edited:
D

Dave L

That's not true Dave, the circumcision was the sign that a gentile was converting to Judaism. Yes, God instituted circumcision but not to make one a true Israelite. The purpose was to remind Israel of God's faithfulness and began after God made his promise of a son to Abraham. It was not restricted to Israel as many other eastern nations practiced it as well. (Jer. 9:25-26) Some historians believe that Egypt exercised it before Israel became a nation of slaves. In Joshua 5:2, 9 the men were commanded to get re-circumcised to "roll away the reproach of Egypt". In closing, half the nation of Israel was female, yet they were not circumcised and were considered true Israelites.
God gave the sign of circumcision to Abraham. Any, blood relatives not circumcised were excommunicated. The same rite also became part of Mosaic law.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Me to. Can you tell me/us How or why you believe that? My story/ experience was told and discuss here.The holy spirit told me I would be alive when Jesus returned.
End time predictions
Not so long ago I had 2 drams, the first was a Limousine in the back where all the bridesmaids, all excited heading off to the wedding feast, than a few days later a second one, this time the driver opened the door and said, " get in we must go", so time is short.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's easy really, for something to become a "principle" which is a fundamental truth or law then every single time the word day is used in a prophecy it would have to mean a 1000 yrs. If there is one time when the word "day" does NOT mean a thousand years, then it can NOT be considered a principle, thus each prophecy should be judged on its own merits individually and not collectively. For example, every time the phrase, "that day", "the day of the Lord" is used, it would have to be the last 1000 yrs. but we know that is not the case. Jesus was in the grave for 3 literal days, NOT 3000 yrs.! Just because a belief has been in error for 500 yrs. doesn't make it true. There are a lot of long time false beliefs out there. The SDA's have made insignificant events and have had to lean on questionable symbolism to force them into being fulfillments of prophecies when they are not.

The logic you are using is based on the English translations which are all fallible. If however you consider the original Hebrew texts that the English texts were translated from, then there are a number of different words from the same Hebrew root, which have been translated into English as day but which have very different timespans associated with the different words.

The Peter statement that a day, within God's timeframe of reference, is as a thousand years within man's timeframe of reference is true, if the timeframe reference of 1,000 years represents the same relative time span as a day does within God's time frame.

Sadly the scribes where not consistent in their choice of the Hebrew words that they used and because we are attempting to understand the mind set of around 3,5000 years ago, and the language constructs in use at that time, we are forced to interpret the meanings of the various timeframes in use within the scriptures. The argument, often used, is that the context of the text provides the meaning. My experience is that the assumed timeframe applicable to a particular prophecy drives our understanding of what is meant within that prophecy. An example of that can be found in Genesis 12:1: -

Genesis 12:1: -
12:1 Now the Lord had said to Abram:
"Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father's house,
To a land that I will show you.
Now the Hebrew word in this verse translated as "land" in this verse is the same Hebrew word in Genesis 1:1 that is translated as "earth". For consistency, the same English word should be used in both cases.

The argument used in 12:1 is that the context within the passage dictates that the timeframe reference for the fulfilment of this promise has a short time frame in that within a few weeks Abraham had arrived down in the Land of Canaan that the Lord wanted Abraham to go to.

If however, the context of the time frame was over a very long duration, i.e. around 5,000 years to fulfilment, then the Hebrew word should be understood to have the English meaning of the whole earth, which is consistent with the Genesis 1:1 translations. Was God wanting Abraham and his descendants to journey towards a land next to the Mediterranean Sea, or was God requiring Abraham and his descendants to travel towards a righteous earth that they could inherit at the end of the age of the ages after the GWTRJ.

The Biblical story indicates that we are all on a journey towards inheriting the whole earth, that will be made righteous, that is under the heavens if we become the Saints of God after the beasts and Satan will be judged and punished.

Now if we can have contextually screw up God's promise to Abraham because of our contextual constructs, the same is also true for the contextual constructs surrounding the Hebrew word "yō·wm".

I hope you do not mind if I disregard you illogical post in your attempt to justify your opinion with a false argument.

Shalom

Last edited: