Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe anyone here has claimed to be a prophet (unless it was a troll who is no longer around).

"Prophet"/"Teacher", who can tell the difference? Is it REVELATION? If so I have had REVELATION, as most. If it's STUDY, I've had STUDY as have most. If it's TRUTH, then a correct REVELATION and/or STUDY is something that I've had as have most.

... except I don't wear a garment with the back end exposed ...
Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll speak to this! -- I haven't seen a righteous politician in this country (the U.S.) in the life spans of several generations, until now. And he's not a politician, but he is President, and we can see how satan is throwing his fiery darts in a hurricane of crossfires. But GOD is preserving, protecting, and guiding this man, -- exactly as HE would preserve, protect, and guide one of the two Prophets.

And come to think of it, I believe the same is happening in Israel against their Prime Minister, both with the fiery darts and GOD's protection and guidance.

So if my math is correct, I believe that sums to TWO Prophets.

And I expect that they will BOTH end up dead in the streets, but probably not the same street and not even the same continent.

Bobby Jo
Sorry Bobby Jo, but did you Reply to the wrong Post? I'm not making an equation between what i said, and your reference to Trump & Netanyahu, necessarily?
Sorry, just checking?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jennifer said:

The ones the Lord send on thier feet to bring some sort of divine messages to the world etc..

Sorry Bobby Jo, but did you Reply to the wrong Post? I'm not making an equation between what i said, and your reference to Trump & Netanyahu, necessarily?
Sorry, just checking?

Hey DNB,
We ARE in the tribulation, so where are the TWO Prophets?!? -- Do they have to JEWS? Can Christians Prophesy? If so, then why not find the two men which proclaim the TRUTH? And who better than the one's who are assailed by satan's fiery darts?

As you suggest, there may be some ( -- probably not the "name brand" HIRELINGS -- ) in the church who take a stand for GOD, but there are others who are outside the conventional church who have a much greater megaphone to denounce the corruption of society and their proponents. And who more than Trump & Netanyahu?

Or so one might consider, ... as I have! :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Scripture are you referring to?

Hey David,

No offense, but your by-line says: Preacher, Author, Husband, -- which would seem to suggest that you SHOULD be familiar with not only the two prophets, and that one is referred to as "Elijah". Furthermore, the church debates whether "Elijah" and possibly "Enoch" ( -- because they never died, but were taken up -- ) may come back to life in the end times; or whether Moses might be one of the two because of the appearance on Mount Transfiguration. But Elijah is mentioned in BOTH citations -- with which some would think you'd be familiar ...

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jennifer said:

The ones the Lord send on thier feet to bring some sort of divine messages to the world etc..

Hey DNB,
We ARE in the tribulation, so where are the TWO Prophets?!? -- Do they have to JEWS? Can Christians Prophesy? If so, then why not find the two men which proclaim the TRUTH? And who better than the one's who are assailed by satan's fiery darts?

As you suggest, there may be some ( -- probably not the "name brand" HIRELINGS -- ) in the church who take a stand for GOD, but there are others who are outside the conventional church who have a much greater megaphone to denounce the corruption of society and their proponents. And who more than Trump & Netanyahu?

Or so one might consider, ... as I have! :)
Bobby Jo
Oh, finally, i could never figure out who Jennifer was referring to, I didn't get her allusion (i did just recently ask her, she may confirm soon)?
But, sorry BJ, I'm hesitant to believe that we are currently within the Tribulation times, or that Trump & Netanyahu were sent by God. Please, I hope that the two Prophets depicted in the Book of Revelation, will be much greater men than these two, orders of magnitude so! Or sorry, that's not what you're necessarily saying, but, Trump righteous??? I can't see Trump having any involvement in the plans of God, whatsoever! Sorry BJ, we have to agree to disagree on that. Thanks all the same!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey David,

No offense, but your by-line says: Preacher, Author, Husband, -- which would seem to suggest that you SHOULD be familiar with not only the two prophets, and that one is referred to as "Elijah". Furthermore, the church debates whether "Elijah" and possibly "Enoch" ( -- because they never died, but were taken up -- ) may come back to life in the end times; or whether Moses might be one of the two because of the appearance on Mount Transfiguration. But Elijah is mentioned in BOTH citations -- with which some would think you'd be familiar ...

Bobby Jo
I'm aware of the references. I was wanting to know what @Jennifer was referring to specifically. I got my answer, and I have no idea how she sees that as relevant to today and having prophets today.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Neither Moses nor Elijah are new prophets. And they both will come to earth during the Tribulation. In fact the coming of Elijah is guaranteed in Scripture. But the Church will not be present on earth at that time.

We are talking about modern day prophets.
Hi Enoch111, just curious, and not to digress, but my eschatological understanding is not my forte, so I'm curious about the coming of Elijah. I though that this has already been fulfilled? Again, just curious?

Matthew 11:12-14
11:12. From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. 13. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm aware of the references. I was wanting to know what @Jennifer was referring to specifically. I got my answer, and I have no idea how she sees that as relevant to today and having prophets today.
Likewise, I've responded a few times to this thread, and I am still unsure what the OP is actually referring to, all in all? ...that was an extremely sparse OP, I was expecting it to say 'part II' somewhere?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, I would like to interject once again, and propose that if there are NO PROPHETS as some assert, -- then why do these SAME people insist that we have Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers? They're lumped in with Apostles and Prophets, so why the discrimination? Either accept the ALL, or accept NONE.

Or so it should seem ...
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Jennifer

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise, I've responded a few times to this thread, and I am still unsure what the OP is actually referring to, all in all? ...that was an extremely sparse OP, I was expecting it to say 'part II' somewhere?

Hmm. It seems self evident to me, but then again I have no problem with accepting the gifting of the church. -- My only problem is when we treat HIRELINGS as though they were "Pastors". :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.. sorry BJ, I'm hesitant to believe that we are currently within the Tribulation times, or that Trump & Netanyahu were sent by God. Please, I hope that the two Prophets depicted in the Book of Revelation, will be much greater men than these two, orders of magnitude so! Or sorry, that's not what you're necessarily saying, but, Trump righteous??? I can't see Trump having any involvement in the plans of God, whatsoever! Sorry BJ, we have to agree to disagree on that. Thanks all the same!

Who is "righteous" except that a man confess his sins, repent of his ways, and become the man that GOD called him to be? -- And Trump is all of this.

But if you can find any PERFECT man, then please invite him to be the "Jew's anticipated Messiah", -- and see if his name sums to 666.

Bobby Jo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I would like to interject once again, and propose that if there are NO PROPHETS as some assert, -- then why do these SAME people insist that we have Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers? They're lumped in with Apostles and Prophets, so why the discrimination? Either accept the ALL, or accept NONE.

Or so it should seem ...
Bobby Jo
Because it said the prophecies will cease.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Enoch111, just curious, and not to digress, but my eschatological understanding is not my forte, so I'm curious about the coming of Elijah. I though that this has already been fulfilled? Again, just curious?

Matthew 11:12-14
11:12. From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. 13. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.
Some think one of the witnesses in Tribulation will be Elijah.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
JOHN WAS TO COME IN THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIJAH
And many of the children of Israel shall he [John] turn to the Lord their God. And he shall go before Him [Christ] in the spirit and power of Elias [Elijah], to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. (Luke 1:16,17)

JOHN EMPHATICALLY DENIED THAT HE WAS ELIJAH
19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. (John 1:19-21)

MALACHI PREDICTED THE COMING OF ELIJAH BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (Malachi 4:5,6)

ELIJAH SHUT OFF RAINFALL FOR 3 1/2 YEARS. THIS WILL BE REPEATED DURING THE TRIBULATION
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. (James 5:17)

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days [3 1/2 years], clothed in sackcloth... These [two prophets, Elijah and Moses] have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will [as did Moses]. (Rev 11:3,6)