Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is "righteous" except that a man confess his sins, repent of his ways, and become the man that GOD called him to be? -- And Trump is all of this.

But if you can find any PERFECT man, then please invite him to be the "Jew's anticipated Messiah", -- and see if his name sums to 666.

Bobby Jo
Sorry BJ, I should've explained, i was speaking about Donald Trump, the current president of the USA. Which Trump were you referring to?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it said the prophecies will cease.

... and if the Prophets cease, -- and they're lumped in with the Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers, then ALL OF THESE ARE EQUALLY UNFOUNDED, because they're all in the same group.

Or maybe your doctrine is a LIE.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry BJ, I should've explained, i was speaking about Donald Trump, the current president of the USA. Which Trump were you referring to?

I was referring to the Two Prophets in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Which publication were you referring to?

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

It seems that scoffers are prevalent in the church. It won't be a pretty future for any of us, but certainly more difficult for them! :)

2 Tim. 4:2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.

Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some think one of the witnesses in Tribulation will be Elijah.
Thank you DT, ...I assume that this is just out of personal correlation (eisegesis), for there's not an explicit reference to Elijah anywhere in the Book of Revelation.
Thanks again!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
JOHN WAS TO COME IN THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIJAH
And many of the children of Israel shall he [John] turn to the Lord their God. And he shall go before Him [Christ] in the spirit and power of Elias [Elijah], to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. (Luke 1:16,17)

JOHN EMPHATICALLY DENIED THAT HE WAS ELIJAH
19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. (John 1:19-21)

MALACHI PREDICTED THE COMING OF ELIJAH BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (Malachi 4:5,6)

ELIJAH SHUT OFF RAINFALL FOR 3 1/2 YEARS. THIS WILL BE REPEATED DURING THE TRIBULATION
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. (James 5:17)

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days [3 1/2 years], clothed in sackcloth... These [two prophets, Elijah and Moses] have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will [as did Moses]. (Rev 11:3,6)
Very interesting Enoch111, that is somewhat of a compelling argument, i see the correlation or typology between the two characters and events. And, the fact that Elijah was taken away, as opposed to dying and corrupting in the grave, could make one think that his life was suspended, and that there will be a continuation of his life and calling?
Thank you very much Enoch111, something to investigate further...!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, it is a theory, but some people honestly think it is stated in Scripture.
Yes, Enoch111 just responded to me an offered a somewhat comprehensive case for it. I'm on the fence, slightly more skeptical than in favour of the theory for various reasons.
Thanks again!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was referring to the Two Prophets in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Which publication were you referring to?

Bobby Jo
Well, the Bible of course, after all, this is a Christian forum.
But, seriously, did you just use Trump & righteous in the same sentence?
BJ, your views are radical, how you equate the current times with that of the Great Tribulation as defined in the bible, and then have the audacity to claim that Trump is under the auspices of God, are completely beyond me. I'd swear that we were talking about two completely different publications, events and characters?
I'm sorry BJ, to me, you're completely coming out of left field?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm typically not someone who espouses looking at world affairs, societies in decline, and apostasy in the church, to see where we are in regards to the End-Times. But if anyone thinks we're NOT in the Tribulation, just take a look at the nonsense coming from our "fellow christians" (small "c').

2 Tim. 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.

I tell you, we crossed the threshold as of ~May, 2018; we will see a Great Falling Away in about ~18 months with the Mark-Of-The-Beast; and Global Thermonuclear War in about ~24 months ( -- closer to ~23 months -- ).
Bobby Jo

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, finally, i could never figure out who Jennifer was referring to, I didn't get her allusion (i did just recently ask her, she may confirm soon)?
But, sorry BJ, I'm hesitant to believe that we are currently within the Tribulation times, or that Trump & Netanyahu were sent by God. Please, I hope that the two Prophets depicted in the Book of Revelation, will be much greater men than these two, orders of magnitude so! Or sorry, that's not what you're necessarily saying, but, Trump righteous??? I can't see Trump having any involvement in the plans of God, whatsoever! Sorry BJ, we have to agree to disagree on that. Thanks all the same!
Yeah but who says they have to be two men, they can be absolutely anyone...lol

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I would like to interject once again, and propose that if there are NO PROPHETS as some assert, -- then why do these SAME people insist that we have Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers? They're lumped in with Apostles and Prophets, so why the discrimination? Either accept the ALL, or accept NONE.

Or so it should seem ...
Bobby Jo
You took the words right out of my mouth...lol

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And he very well may be but in the spirit of Elijah instead. Lol
Well put, I might be more prone to believe this, than believing that Elijah will be resurrected, or return to earth from wherever he is.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but who says they have to be two men, they can be absolutely anyone...lol

... and YES THEY CAN, but it's bad enough when men murder men, but absolutely depraved when they murder women. So I expect TWO MEN, and that they're currently proclaiming what the One-World-Government (U.N.) doesn't want to hear, which includes refuting the Iran Nuclear Agreement, national sovereignty, and other globally significant topics.

And who better to espouse what is GOOD, what is PURE, and is of GOOD REPORT except the two men presently in leadership in Israel and the United States. And what more evidence of satan's fiery darts except as aimed (Crossfire Hurricane -- aptly named for the 720 degree assaults) against Trump; and the charges of Fraud, Bribery, and Breach Of Trust against Netanyahu.

And if you'll note, -- just as our "Deep State" (Judicial Department, FBI, and Intelligence Agencies) created FALSE accusations against Trump's supporters, volunteers, and staff; so too it appears that the Israeli Justice Ministry is FALSELY working to destroy Netanyahu's government.

Bobby Jo

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and YES THEY CAN, but it's bad enough when men murder men, but absolutely depraved when they murder women. So I expect TWO MEN, and that they're currently proclaiming what the One-World-Government (U.N.) doesn't want to hear, which includes refuting the Iran Nuclear Agreement, national sovereignty, and other globally significant topics.

And who better to espouse what is GOOD, what is PURE, and is of GOOD REPORT except the two men presently in leadership in Israel and the United States. And what more evidence of satan's fiery darts except as aimed (Crossfire Hurricane -- aptly named for the 720 degree assaults) against Trump; and the charges of Fraud, Bribery, and Breach Of Trust against Netanyahu.

And if you'll note, -- just as our "Deep State" (Judicial Department, FBI, and Intelligence Agencies) created FALSE accusations against Trump's supporters, volunteers, and staff; so too it appears that the Israeli Justice Ministry is FALSELY working to destroy Netanyahu's government.

Bobby Jo
What are you saying? Donald trump is a prophet?

Reactions: Waiting on him