PROVE GOD EXISTS JUST BY USING THE BOOK OF ESTHER ALONE!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone is free to write in this thread, but it is written specifically to Wrangler. As He uses many books of the Bible in HIs book of acts thread and then whines when we do, I am openly challenging him to debate here the existence of God from Esther alone! I will ensure that I do not use any other book of the Bible and insure that anyone who does is called irrelavent if they do Wrangler. You up for it?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a book about 'God exists'
It's a book about Christ. All the books of the Bible are about Christ; that's how we know they are scripture.

Just in the 1st 2 chapters, we have the disobedient chosen wife of the King with which His wrath is kindled.
We have a foreign woman chosen by the King who He declares His betrothed bride, according to what pleases the King, not by her own desire or effort but by His declaration, brought to the King by the drawing of her Father.

Israel the wife of YHWH and the church the bride of Christ.

They are the same King, ((1 Samuel 8:7, 1 Timothy 6:14-16)) Christ is God.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone is free to write in this thread, but it is written specifically to Wrangler. As He uses many books of the Bible in HIs book of acts thread and then whines when we do, I am openly challenging him to debate here the existence of God from Esther alone! I will ensure that I do not use any other book of the Bible and insure that anyone who does is called irrelavent if they do Wrangler. You up for it?

you don't prove God, or that God exists. the Lord God reveals to whom it pleases Him that He exists, and it is God who proves man.

man does not have the power to prove God exists, as in the Living God, the Creator and Judge.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a book about Christ. All the books of the Bible are about Christ; that's how we know they are scripture.

Just in the 1st 2 chapters, we have the disobedient chosen wife of the King with which His wrath is kindled.
We have a foreign woman chosen by the King who He declares His betrothed bride, according to what pleases the King, not by her own desire or effort but by His declaration, brought to the King by the drawing of her Father.

though yes you can say the bible is about Christ since Christ is at the center of the Lord God's relationship with man. but to be a little more accurate the bible is a documentation of the relationship between a people and their God, or God and His people if you like.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
though yes you can say the bible is about Christ since Christ is at the center of the Lord God's relationship with man. but to be a little more accurate the bible is a documentation of the relationship between a people and their God, or God and His people if you like.

beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:27)​

they said one to another, did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?
(Luke 24:32)​

He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning Me.
Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures
(Luke 24:44-45)​

from Moses through all the prophets, the scripture is about Christ.

worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy
(Revelation 19:10)​

it is the testimony of Jesus

Search the scriptures!
For in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me!

(John 5:39)​

all the scripture testifies of Christ.
this language is 'imperative' - it is a command: He says search! because the scripture testifies of Him.
so we're commanded to study the scripture, and we're told what the goal of that study is: find Christ in the OT.
He is the reconciliation; He is the Way.
the whole book is about Him

((anyway that's my position))

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:27)​

they said one to another, did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?
(Luke 24:32)​

He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning Me.
Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures
(Luke 24:44-45)​

from Moses through all the prophets, the scripture is about Christ.

worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy
(Revelation 19:10)​

it is the testimony of Jesus

Search the scriptures!
For in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me!

(John 5:39)​

all the scripture testifies of Christ.
this language is 'imperative' - it is a command: He says search! because the scripture testifies of Him.
so we're commanded to study the scripture, and we're told what the goal of that study is: find Christ in the OT.
He is the reconciliation; He is the Way.
the whole book is about Him

((anyway that's my position))

i'm not say it isn't about Christ, that starts at:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

but the bible itself is a documentation of the relationship between God and His chosen. hence the chosen's testimony thereof. and the chosen are chosen for the fulfillment of Christ, as Messiah and King. one must have a kingdom to be king of, yes? everything is for the purpose of the fulfillment of God's Word which was made flesh we now know as Jesus Christ the Beloved Son of God. all of creation and the creatures therein know their Creator and Judge through His Word, and were created by His Word going out and returning to Him fulfilled in His Judgement that it is good.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But that is not the point, so w2hat you say may be wonderful and great learning but not the point. It is to show Wranglewr the futility of sticking to one book of Gods Word to prove a falsehood. Not one term for God is mentioned even once in Esther, so the book cannot give a dewfense for god. so just like Wrangler is trying to prove the trinity doesn't exist by using JUST Acts, we cannot prove the existence of God by the book of Esther.

sorry for teh delayed repsonse. I was hospitalized since 8/13 and had surgery to replace my aortic valve.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don't prove God, or that God exists. the Lord God reveals to whom it pleases Him that He exists, and it is God who proves man.

man does not have the power to prove God exists, as in the Living God, the Creator and Judge.

You are overr eading teh issue. God is never mentioned in Esther Just like Jesus is not given the specific title God in Acts. I was doing a logical ploy with wrangler with this.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are overr eading teh issue. God is never mentioned in Esther Just like Jesus is not given the specific title God in Acts. I was doing a logical ploy with wrangler with this.

well then have private conversations in private then. and no i am not, you said you could prove there is a God in a public forum therefore i responded with no man can prove there is a God, no man can prove God exists.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well then have private conversations in private then. and no i am not, you said you could prove there is a God in a public forum therefore i responded with no man can prove there is a God, no man can prove God exists.

I gladly accept all on this thread. And we cannot prove God exists- He does. But we know from His word that we can come to know Him and that through His Word, b
God can give us the faith to come to know Him.

I simply said that in Esther God is not mentioned so it is not a book of the bible that one can use to show god because God is not mentioned. It is an answer to wrangler who says that Acts does not prove the deity of Christ! This would not be a conversation with unbelievers, but a conversation among believers in showing what the bible does or does not show to thlose who already know Him!