Prove Practise of Worship of the Holy Spirit Is Biblical

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, well I am not sure how to even respond as it has gotten so muddy. The trinity is simply a definition created to describe, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit. They are not separate but one. However, for the sake of the understanding of what it/they are, it is broken down. These three things are one. They are God.

And Newbirth. in all of your abuse of scripture you proved nothing.. Not a single thing. You threw verses out there, with little to no elaboration and said "there it is!" That proves only that you are not educated enough or equipped enough to debate this topic. All it did was goad the other members in this topic. It drew frustrations because you call it false doctrine when you don't even interpret the written doctrine correctly as it were. YOU produced false doctrine if anything.

I digress,

God Bless,

BA

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
The Holy Spirit Comes from within Jesus;

Joh_20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit:

Jesus "breathes" the Holy Spirit. Because Jesus is God.

Act_1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act_2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who attempts to "divide" the Holy Spirit into a 'separate creature' other than Jesus Himself, is doomed. That is the beginning of "polytheism".

Newbirth... I don't know you, hello. I'm interested in your posts. In understanding, you have quite solidly outdistanced those here who've attempted to rebuke your word. You understand above your peers.
Do you understand that Jesus is God? I know you understand that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, well said... but Do you understand that JESUS is our God? That from Him we receive HIS Holy Spirit?
You seem close to this truth so I thought to just ask :)

Peace

newbirth

May 23, 2015
Born_Again said:
Wow, well I am not sure how to even respond as it has gotten so muddy. The trinity is simply a definition created to describe, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit. They are not separate but one. However, for the sake of the understanding of what it/they are, it is broken down. These three things are one. They are God.

And Newbirth. in all of your abuse of scripture you proved nothing.. Not a single thing. You threw verses out there, with little to no elaboration and said "there it is!" That proves only that you are not educated enough or equipped enough to debate this topic. All it did was goad the other members in this topic. It drew frustrations because you call it false doctrine when you don't even interpret the written doctrine correctly as it were. YOU produced false doctrine if anything.

I digress,

God Bless,

BA
but that which you state is not found in scripture....
It is when you elaborate on scripture you get "trinity"...the scripture does not tell us to elaborate on scripture...
1 Corinthians 11:2
Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
but that which you state is not found in scripture....
It is when you elaborate on scripture you get "trinity"...the scripture does not tell us to elaborate on scripture...
1 Corinthians 11:2
Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
Its an explanation. It doesn't change scripture. You want to see it that way for some reason. And it doesn't change who God is.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
Born_Again said:
Its an explanation. It doesn't change scripture. You want to see it that way for some reason. And it doesn't change who God is.
it cannot change what God is ...God is one....not a trinity...which makes your explanation wrong

newbirth

May 23, 2015
whitestone said:
The Holy Spirit Comes from within Jesus;

Joh_20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit:

Jesus "breathes" the Holy Spirit. Because Jesus is God.

Act_1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act_2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who attempts to "divide" the Holy Spirit into a 'separate creature' other than Jesus Himself, is doomed. That is the beginning of "polytheism".

Newbirth... I don't know you, hello. I'm interested in your posts. In understanding, you have quite solidly outdistanced those here who've attempted to rebuke your word. You understand above your peers.
Do you understand that Jesus is God? I know you understand that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, well said... but Do you understand that JESUS is our God? That from Him we receive HIS Holy Spirit?
You seem close to this truth so I thought to just ask :)

Peace
There is one God the Father...and one Lord Jesus Christ....there are not two Gods...Jesus is the Son of God...God by nature but not God the Father

1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newbirth said:
it cannot change what God is ...God is one....not a trinity...which makes your explanation wrong
You are still missing the point....... I'm not sure what will make this clear for you as you seem pretty bent on being right. By no means have you won this argument but I feel as though I would accomplish more speaking to the area rug my living room. God is 3 in 1. Not 3 separate God(s). That's the whole point of the trinity. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. As I stated before, it was a teaching to help understand who and what He is.... But have fun with this... Let me know how this works out for you.

God Bless,

BA

newbirth

May 23, 2015
Born_Again said:
You are still missing the point....... I'm not sure what will make this clear for you as you seem pretty bent on being right. By no means have you won this argument but I feel as though I would accomplish more speaking to the area rug my living room. God is 3 in 1. Not 3 separate God(s). That's the whole point of the trinity. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. As I stated before, it was a teaching to help understand who and what He is.... But have fun with this... Let me know how this works out for you.

God Bless,

BA
and I am asking you where does scripture say God is three in one??? you would accomplish more speaking to your rug because the rug does not respond to your statement so that way you think your rug agrees with you....and you are convinced...that your statements are correct...