Prove Practise of Worship of the Holy Spirit Is Biblical

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
scripture does not have the word triune...How can I show you if it is not in scripture??? But I can show you what is in scripture...
Galatians 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

scripture says God is one....it follows he is not triune...
Only because you think ONE means a physical number, when it actually means one as in ONE accord. However I'm sure you've heard that before and deny it.
In any event if you were to read Gal 3:20 (NIV) you would see it is properly rendered as;

A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

So if Jesus IS our mediator, and He is, then He and God are one in purpose and being. Paul makes this clear when showing that God is NOT a praty of two but a party united as one, in EVERY sense of the word.
Arianism was refuted way back in the 3rd century AD and has been ever since. The fact that it remains as a false teaching is not an issue, as that existed even in Jesus' day.
I do have a two part question though. How long have you been saved and how long have you believed Jesus is NOT God?

B

brakelite

In order to redeem mankind from the curse of the law, whoever it was that did the redeeming had to at least equal to, or above the law, in order to accomplish that redemption. A created being could not do this, for he, as a created being, would be subject to that same law. Only Jesus could redeem, because He was the lawgiver, and being the law-giver, was neither subject to nor subservient to that law. Not until He came as a human did He subject Himself voluntarily to the law in order to suffer death in accordance to that law. Only divinity can atone for a divine law.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
Only because you think ONE means a physical number, when it actually means one as in ONE accord. However I'm sure you've heard that before and deny it.
In any event if you were to read Gal 3:20 (NIV) you would see it is properly rendered as;

A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

So if Jesus IS our mediator, and He is, then He and God are one in purpose and being. Paul makes this clear when showing that God is NOT a praty of two but a party united as one, in EVERY sense of the word.
Arianism was refuted way back in the 3rd century AD and has been ever since. The fact that it remains as a false teaching is not an issue, as that existed even in Jesus' day.
I do have a two part question though. How long have you been saved and how long have you believed Jesus is NOT God?
you are putting words in my mouth...Where did I say Jesus is not God....but that is not the issue here...the issue is.... God is not a trinity.....
2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

How does God reconcile us to himself in an accord with someone else...... one can only reconcile to himself by himself......so we have already established the Word was God and the Word was made flesh....scripture does not say God is united as one ...it says God is one.... God sent His Spirit...does it mean God sent his Spirit who is another God...whom we call God the Spirit???God sent His Word/Son so does it mean God sent His Word/Son who is another God who we call God the Son??? And we should conclude God is three in one a trinity???

1 Timothy 3:14-16New International Version (NIV)
14 Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. 16 Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:
He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,[a]
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

Clearly it is saying God appeared in the Flesh...
How and where does mediator imply more than one??? God sent His Word/Son/Spirit... who was made flesh to mediate between God and men....
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The trinity implies there is one God and there are three separate persons in that God...scripture says ... There is one God and God is one...

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
you are putting words in my mouth...Where did I say Jesus is not God....but that is not the issue here...the issue is.... God is not a trinity.....
I find equivocation is ALWAYS the hallmark of cults.

If you do believe that Jesus is God, and you believe that God is God and the Holy Spirit if God then WHAT exactly is your issue?

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
I find equivocation is ALWAYS the hallmark of cults.

If you do believe that Jesus is God, and you believe that God is God and the Holy Spirit if God then WHAT exactly is your issue?
Jesus is God in the flesh...the Word was made flesh....not a person in a trinity...the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God ...not a person in a trinity.....

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
Jesus is God in the flesh...the Word was made flesh....not a person in a trinity...the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God ...not a person in a trinity.....
The Holy Spirit is ALSO God as Jesus testified when he said; I will ask the Father and He will give you ANOTHER advocate. John 14:16 (NIV)
So, as Jesus was the first advocate and the Holy Spirit the Second then the Father makes the third persona of our triune God. Pretty simple if you ask me.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
The Holy Spirit is ALSO God as Jesus testified when he said; I will ask the Father and He will give you ANOTHER advocate. John 14:16 (NIV)
So, as Jesus was the first advocate and the Holy Spirit the Second then the Father makes the third persona of our triune God. Pretty simple if you ask me.
Scripture says there is only one mediator between God and men...are you saying there are two mediators.??? show us the scripture that says two mediators

1 Timothy 2:4-6King James Version (KJV)
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
Scripture says there is only one mediator between God and men...are you saying there are two mediators.??? show us the scripture that says two mediators
1 Timothy 2:4-6King James Version (KJV)
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Why would I when God's word says there is only one, and if you do believe that then who is Jesus mediating between. Gal 3:19-21 (NIV) would be a place for you to find that answer.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
Why would I when God's word says there is only one, and if you do believe that then who is Jesus mediating between. Gal 3:19-21 (NIV) would be a place for you to find that answer.
I suppose you do know that advocate and mediator means the same thing....

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
I suppose you do know that advocate and mediator means the same thing....
I know that they are NOT the same thing. Mediator and advocate, in the Greek and English, have two distinct functions that should not be confused as the same. Jesus and the Holy Spirit were advocates, but only Jesus is our mediator.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
I know that they are NOT the same thing. Mediator and advocate, in the Greek and English, have two distinct functions that should not be confused as the same. Jesus and the Holy Spirit were advocates, but only Jesus is our mediator.
to intercede is to mediate...and the Spirit makes intercessions for us...so the Spirit is also a mediator...
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
to intercede is to mediate...and the Spirit makes intercessions for us...so the Spirit is also a mediator...
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Wrong again. Why do you keep trying to equivocate about words that already have a clear meaning in the scriptures? How about you just learn what the words mean and move on?

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
Wrong again. Why do you keep trying to equivocate about words that already have a clear meaning in the scriptures? How about you just learn what the words mean and move on?
Moving on and on and on the three words are used interchangeably ....

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
Moving on and on and on the three words are used interchangeably ....
I'm fairly comfortable with the credentialed translators and how they translated the Greek. Just as the Greek has three different words that are all translated LOVE in the NT, they have many words that do find their counterpart in English. There three are some of those.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
I'm fairly comfortable with the credentialed translators and how they translated the Greek. Just as the Greek has three different words that are all translated LOVE in the NT, they have many words that do find their counterpart in English. There three are some of those.
there are links to each of the words showing their meanings.....it does not matter if you are comfortable or not ...it is what it is...the words are used interchangeably

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dont suppose any of you have ever considered asking jesus?? But then as He said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Its teh cause of so much contention in christans. Try jesus you may be in for a surprise.

In All His Love

newbirth

May 23, 2015
mjrhealth said:
I dont suppose any of you have ever considered asking jesus?? But then as He said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Its teh cause of so much contention in christans. Try jesus you may be in for a surprise.

In All His Love
are not the answers in His word...just as you posted the scripture...I posted the Scripture ...
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

Ephesians 4:5-6King James Version (KJV)
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all

this is what StanJ says...
"The Holy Spirit is ALSO God as Jesus testified when he said; I will ask the Father and He will give you ANOTHER advocate. John 14:16 (NIV)
So, as Jesus was the first advocate and the Holy Spirit the Second then the Father makes the third persona of our triune God. Pretty simple if you ask me."

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
there are links to each of the words showing their meanings.....it does not matter if you are comfortable or not ...it is what it is...the words are used interchangeably
I'm sure ANY Greek scholar worth his weight would disagree and refute you but I don't have the time nor inclination as all you seem to do is play equivocal word games.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
which means you are saying... there are three Gods...scripture is clear there is one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ...

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
I know exactly WHO the HOLY SPIRIT is. By Name. Personally. Intimately.

So did a mad-man...

(Luk 4:34) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

(Act 2:27) Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

(1Co 15:45) And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

(1Co 15:47) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

(Joh 7:37) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
(Joh 7:38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(Joh 7:39) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus is Holy.
Jesus is Glorified.
Jesus is Spirit.

Now I am married to that SAME SPIRIT;

(Rev 22:17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

My Husband and ALL of us He is our Husband, Whom IS the Spirit of my Holy Christ Glorified

Right there in Holy Writ.

(Rev 21:9) ... I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

The Lamb = the Spirit = Husband Jesus.